This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Announcements / New Forum!

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Revanshe
User ID: 1404584
Oct 4th 10:56 AM
Hey you guys, Just wanted to let you know that Ive been invited to be the administrator of an awesome new forum...At first, I was reluctant, since I am so busy, but after seeing it, I had to say okay, because it had so many great features! (I think it is atleast as good as the old dragonstone board, that some of us old timers used to post on.)

Some of its features-

-No banner ads

-Ability to edit your own messages after you have posted it.

-ability to post in Html and UBB (I dont even know what that is)

-Control over how long in the past you wish to view threads and posts
(you dont have to go past all the old messages in
order to reach the latest ones)

-Can send emails directly to poster of a message

-Can receive emails about your message

-Unlimited space (This way, you dont have to create 'Sansa II' and 'Sansa III' every 100 posts or so, and I dont have to create 'A CLASH OF KINGS II' and 'III' every 100 topics or so)
And so on and so forth.

Its address is http://dragonsworn.blabmaster.com.

There are also forums to discuss sci-fi/fantasy in general, as well as topics such as WHEEL OF TIME and fantasy artwork.

Try it out!

(And Im looking for moderators for the other board as well, so if you are interested in moderating this one or the other one, email me at [email protected])
Watcher
User ID: 7761613
Oct 4th 11:45 AM
Looks nice, I guess I'm going to be down to 4 hours of sleep. UBB appears to be a stripped down version of HTML, just want is needed to posting on a board. This is the URL I found that explains it: http://dragonsworn.blabmaster.com/ubbhtml/ubbcode.html
KAH
User ID: 9209903
Oct 4th 1:51 PM
Well, personally, I don't think I'll post anywhere else unless most of the clueful people (none mentioned, none forgotten :P ) here move to the other board.
I just cannot find the time to post regularly on two message boards simultaneously.
Ran
User ID: 0283314
Oct 4th 1:53 PM
Same here. It's an extremely nice looking system with some great features. I think part of the turn off right now is the number of ... well, WoTers.

No, nothing against them, but I fear 'WoT vs. ASoIaF' threads exploding every other week. ;)
Revanshe
User ID: 9119483
Oct 4th 3:05 PM
Well, Im not surprised, really- I think people are too entrenched on this board to post anywhere else at the moment. But we'll see...

At least we have another board if this one decides to crash one day!

KAH
Oct 4th 3:14 PM
I'll drink to that. :o)
Jeff
User ID: 0227464
Oct 4th 3:18 PM
Please please PLEASE can I be one of the clueful people???

I suppose I'll stay here as well. If I hear one more person complain about Mat not being in the last book I think I'll puke.
labor
User ID: 8479113
Oct 4th 3:18 PM

I understand that we'll have to show up there from time to time in order to keep the board going, though, or they'll just delete it as they did with the LOTR one... Have to keep the reserve in reserve, after all.
Revanshe
User ID: 9119483
Oct 4th 3:27 PM
Jeff- The WOT and ASOIAF sections are separate, so you dont have to worry about the Mat lovers.

Labor- I dont think they will delete it w/o my permission, though- after all, Im administrator-

(Which gives me control over the whole big forum, not just the ASOIAF section, although technically, Im only supposed to administer the ASOIAF section)

labor
User ID: 8479113
Oct 4th 3:42 PM

Oh, that's good news, Revanshe. We can relax then, and just stay here unless/until this board goes. I do presume to consider myself clueful... ducks a barrage of rotten vegetables.
Ser Gary
User ID: 8068153
Oct 4th 3:53 PM
Might WOT people feel compelled to enter the ASOIAF section? I mean, they know we don't like them, so this might be their opportunity to gain a measure of revenge.
KAH
Oct 4th 4:12 PM
Sorry Jeff, I was hoping to leave you behind here with our resident Orc. :o)
Tom
User ID: 0930774
Oct 5th 0:33 AM
While I do not have a problem with the proliferation of discussion about GRRM and his theories, I love the this board and enjoy the current company. I followed from the Dragonstone board and I will stay to the bitter end. Some promises must be kept. (Ha Ha.) Although I may check it out for curiosities sake.
Swithin
User ID: 0443584
Oct 5th 0:55 AM
I agree to check it out, although with my Tuesday and Thursday schedules I might end up skipping one board or the other most days.

BTW Haven't we all read WoT under our own volition anyway? I'll admit I've had great moments with that series also (Perrin's 'goodbye my wife' letter to Faile comes to mind...) Does that make me a WoTer, or does everyone mean hardcore posters (the literate variety, not the kind that hang all day on walls unless there are things I don't know about some of you...)

Anyway, congratulations Revanshe! Why oh why are you so nice to us!?!
Min
User ID: 1446254
Oct 5th 3:35 AM
I already have been there, and it's really nice. But I fully agree with Kay-Arne about the clueful people. It's not Mat, you know. But if I have to explain only once more why I like Theon, then _I_ will have to puke. Well, thinking of it, I may just jump in there from time to time to add some words like "Catelyn is a whiny bitch" and be outa there again... just to stir the pot. :-) Post-and-run it is called, I think.

Just once in a while, I have to show up to see how you're doing, Revanshe. :-)

But as was said before: My time is too consumed allready, and without certain people, I will go _nowhere_. :-)
Claidhaim
User ID: 9544623
Oct 5th 9:16 AM
What, and leave all my friends? Never.

There has just been so much going on here (and at Dragonstone before the Others ate it) that I'd be a little bit peeved at re-hashing all the old theories and arguments. And if I see Ran's Grand Unified Theory in one more place, I'll puke. Heh.
KAH
Oct 5th 9:27 AM
Interestingly, if you call it what Claidhaim did, it abbreviates like Ran's G.U.T.
I don't know if seeing Ran's gut in one more place are like to make you puke, tho...
Min
User ID: 1446254
Oct 5th 9:38 AM
And there's another problem with the new board: I was there once, and I wasn't able to post under my name, because one of the silly WoTs had already taken it and was registered with it! That is infame! Insulting! Can yoiu see me posting under a different name? A horrible thought! :-)

Thinking of it... as soon as I'd say "But I think Theon's got a good heart" every one will recognize me anyway. ;-)
Jeff
User ID: 0227464
Oct 5th 9:47 AM
Of course, Min, had you chosen to post under your own name rather than a name stolen from some hack writer, you wouldn't have had that problem. :)
Benjen
User ID: 1195644
Oct 5th 10:12 AM
Seems like a cool enough board. I will remain here though, because there is a certain amount of knowledge that most here seem to have, that those there are lacking and I realy don't feel like explaining all the stuff we've learned so far.
Next 20 Messages Newest Messages