This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / Announcements / Chat is Back!!

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Revanshe
User ID: 0471064
Nov 12th 10:44 PM
That is right!! Chat is back in my chat room, and in a BIG WAY!!!

A fan named Scott noticed that there was NO ONE in my chat room, and wants to correct the situation. He plans to have 2 chat sessions a week for North Americans and 1 for overseas folks. Basically, I have given him full control of the chat rooms...so if you guys have any questions/comments, post them here or email Scott at [email protected]. Scott already has fans lined up, so there should be lots of people there to discuss ASOIAF!!

Anyhow, the first chat session will be at Monday November 22...at 8pm EST...Scott and I need times and hours that will be good for the rest of the sessions, feel free to give your opinons!

To get to the chat rooms, go to
my site at

http://welcome.to/Iceandfire,
click on 'enter' to enter the site and click on 'chat'

LindaElane
User ID: 7733333
Nov 13th 10:28 AM
Cool! I will be there.

I suggest keeping in mind people who get off around 5 PM on the west coast for other chat times. That means they are just getting off work at 8 PM in the east. I am not sure how many Westerners there are on the board, but I think I have noticed quite a few. Also, those easterners....always starting things at 10 PM, they are such late nignt people :-)Just a suggestion, of course.

Oh, here is something for everyone to keep in mind. It is called the "be brave" method of chatting. :-) It is a true story that once about 8 of us tried to come to chat. We all arived in the first 12 minutes or so of the chat. We all left when there was no one there. Then we posted to the board that there had been no one in chat that night, thats how we found out later. I know its especially hard when its just you and one other person if you don't know that person and you had rather wait until more people arive to get down to the main part of the chat, but "be brave". Oh, and if everyone hates being the first one and thus comes late on purpose, then people tend to come later and later and then they really tend to despair that anyone else is coming. Well those were just some things I noticed from chat before. I am sure that Scott will be in the chat room anyway, so no one will be alone.
Padraig
User ID: 9593383
Nov 14th 9:17 AM
Well I would certainly be interested. Although it could be hard to find a time suitable for all overseas folk. Reconciling Australia and Europe say could be difficult. Still if a time seems right i'll drop by.
LindaElane
Nov 15th 8:50 PM
Darn, I missed it today. A contractor tore my house up and I was down at the registrar of contractors trying to file a complaint at 5 PM. Sometimes I wish I had a direwolf <gg> j/k...anyway, I will certainly try to make ot next Monday.
Fourthman
User ID: 1989294
Nov 15th 9:49 PM
I don't think there was one today.
LIndaElane
Nov 15th 10:10 PM
Oh, you are right. It starts next Monday! (duh)
Revanshe
User ID: 1404584
Nov 21st 1:27 PM
Which is TOMORROW!!!

See you guys at the chat. Again, Monday at 8pm EST, at http://welcome.to/Iceandfire
Revanshe
User ID: 1404584
Nov 22nd 9:08 PM
Wanted to let you guys know that chat went great tonight! There were 9 people or so, there, and we discussed all kinds of stuff, from Tyrion's parentage to Robert Arryn's parentage to Robb Stark's death.

Next Chat will be Monday Nov 11/29 at 8 pm EST followed by Thurs 12/2 at 8 pm EST. After that, chats will be every Monday and Thursday at 8 pm.

Scott and I are thinking of having specific topics for each session. Any ideas?
Drone
User ID: 0087674
Nov 22nd 11:43 PM
Question is Robb stark's death a known fact or a speculated hunch. if you don't want to post the answer seeing how it may be viewed as a spoiler
please e-mail me with response.
[email protected]
Homerun
User ID: 8387983
Nov 23rd 0:24 AM
Don't worry Drone, Robb Stark's "death" is nothing more than speculation. Its not based on any spoiler material other than what people think might happen after reading the first two books. A "what-if" more than a "hunch".
Relic
User ID: 0478154
Nov 23rd 12:47 PM
Damn, i meant to show up , but sleep took me into its deathlike grasp. Ill try to be there next week
cgob
User ID: 0053014
Nov 23rd 5:04 PM
It was fun though I kept getting knocked off cuz of the talkcity new server thingamagig...use the old firewall version. Much slower but at least you can continue a converstion. Missed a bunch of talk that sounded interesting

Revenshe- could you email me some info about irc? [email protected]

Topics for next week? Catelyns eventual guilt about her treatment of Jon? the ironmans acceptance of a female warlord? Dany's possible paths for her conquest? Dornes eventual role? The return of magic and the maesters reaction to it? Where is and what happened to Davos/Barristan? Can a sensitive man survive in Westeros and not be gay? Does Jeoff deserve a second chance with Sansa? Does Sansa deserve a second chance at anything at all?

See you all next week.
Ran
User ID: 8075153
Nov 23rd 6:25 PM
Hey, what happened to an attempt at Euro-oriented chat times? ;)
cgob
Nov 23rd 7:34 PM
post euro times. If I can figure them out and I can be there I will. :)
Revanshe
Nov 24th 1:01 PM
Sorry, overseas folks, we completely forgot to discuss overseas times. I'll email Scott and ask him for a time.

Good ideas, Tom. I'll email them to Scott. Also, I'll send you stuff on IRC.
Revanshe
Nov 24th 1:17 PM
Actually, for the overseas chat, we'll need a moderator. (Scott and I cant do it, since we're both in North America) Duties arent hard- you'll just need to be there for the chats, and guide the discussion if necessary. (Mostly, people have no problems discussing ASOIAF).

If you are interested, email me at [email protected]
Revanshe
Nov 26th 8:25 PM
Okay, Overseas folks, We have a chat time for you guys! Overseas Chats will be at 7 PM GMT, Mondays.

Ran, our moderator for this board, has agreed to moderate this chat also.

Padraig
User ID: 9593383
Nov 27th 5:22 AM
Great. And this begins on what date?
Ran
User ID: 8075153
Nov 27th 7:00 AM
This monday, though I don't expect many folk on such short notice. Got nothing better to do at that hour. ;)
cgob
Nov 27th 3:40 PM
what is GMT (german moutain time, grand meridian time,etc)?
Next 20 Messages Newest Messages