Behold The Mystery     |   home

out-of-body experiences
Throughout history many of our religious and spiritual beliefs have been molded by individuals who have had out-of-body experiences. The early prophets of every religion recorded and interpreted their spiritual experiences according to the cultural and religious viewpoints of their day. The Bible and the Koran are overflowing with vivid references to out-of-body travel. For example in Ezekiel 3:12, it states, "Then the spirit lifted me up and I heard behind me the noise of the Lord rumbling as the glory of the Lord rose from its place." Ezekiel goes on to describe dozens of out-of-body experiences throughout his writings.

The New Testament is filled with references to out-of-body travel. In First Corinthians 12, Chapter 2, St. Paul speaks of experiences in the non-physical regions of the universe. "I know someone in Christ who, fourteen years ago, (whether in the body of out of the body I don't know, God knows) was called up to the third heaven." St. Paul clearly states, "third heaven", displaying his personal knowledge of the numerous spiritual dimensions that exist beyond matter and his clear recognition of out-of-body experiences.

In Revelation 1:10, St. John describes his out-of-body experience when he says, "I was caught up in the spirit on the Lord's Day and heard behind me a voice as loud as a trumpet." He then goes on to detail his incredible adventure in the thought responsive areas of the inner dimensions.

It should be noted that the vibrational sounds reported by Ezekiel, St John and other biblical prophets (rumbling, voice as loud as a trumpet etc.) are commonly described during separation from the body. This coincides with the descriptions of modern out-of-body experiences. According to the data compiled from two national surveys over fifty percent of out-of-body experiences involve a loud internal, buzzing, roaring, or humming sound. These intense sounds are often described as emanating from the head.

One of the most famous quotations from the New Testament is Jesus' statement in John 3:3, "You must be born again to enter the kingdom of heaven." Anyone who has ever had an out-of-body experience can relate to the concept of being "born again". This is without a doubt the finest biblical description of what it feels like to separate from your physical body and enter a new vibrational environment. During the first moments of an out-of-body experience we are born again, as we awaken within a new energy body and enter a new spiritual world. The New Testament analogy is incredibly accurate because like a new born baby, we must learn to adapt within an entirely new environment. We must learn to use and control our new non-physical body. This is truly "born again" in every sense of the words.
Five centuries later the founder of Islam, Mohammed, describes himself as riding a magnificent white stallion through what he called "the seven heavens". It is logical that the early spiritual explorers perceptions of reality influenced what they saw when out-of-body. In other words, our religious beliefs were influenced by the way the early prophets perceived and interpreted the non-physical environments that they experienced.

The early observations of all mystics, prophets and saints were directly influenced by their existing physical and social perceptions of reality. Today Mohammed would likely see himself riding in a magnificent white vehicle throughout the energy dimensions of the universe. Instead of St. John saying in Revelation, "I was in the spirit," he would likely say, "I was out-of-body."

This knowledge does not diminish the inspired writings of our early spiritual explorers, it only provides additional insight to the unseen meaning of these non-physical explorations. Many of the early spiritual leaders who influenced and molded our major religions were out-of-body explorers. They documented their non-physical journeys in accordance with their cultural and religious perceptions of reality.

Today the need for first hand spiritual exploration is growing. Millions of people are searching for answers and are exploring beyond old assumptions and beliefs. As we approach the new millennium increasing numbers are no longer satisfied to just read and study the spiritual adventures of others. As this inner yearning for personal spiritual experience increases, self initiated out-of-body travel will become more and more prevalent. Growing numbers are awakening to the fact that out-of-body experiences are a proven method for us to enjoy the non-physical realms referred to by the early spiritual explorers who founded today's great religions.

While traveling 'out of body' you usually experience many places and events, during which time messages will be given to you.

These messages generally are in the fomr of symbols or archetypes that you may or may not recognize. They trigger something in your soul memeory, whether you consciously recognize them or not.

These messages can come from many places:

The girds formed by creational gemometry that create our reality

Another aspect of your soul experiencing in another reality

Someone you consider a higher teacher: Your Spirit Guides ,  Angels or other Icons lined with a religious system.

You could even pick up information transferred from the planet Earth to satellites in space and back. Do not misinterpret what you receive. [This takes time and practice]. Remember that we are all have multidimensional experiences and that there is no linear time. You can travel out of your body while reclining or while sitting. Some people do it while walking down the street. It is important for you to control this experience and not just get 'yanked' out of your body. Reality becomes more fluid these days and one must still maintain control of their 3D experience.

If out of body experience are out of control - the person may have a mental illness and need to consult a psychiatrist.