Booth Memorial Hospital
for UnWed Mothers

At the unwed mother's home, I felt out of place. I didn't fit in. I was so scared. Most of the other girls seemed to know a lot more about life than I did. I stayed to myself. I stayed in my room most of the time. Or I would go outside. I laid on my bed a lot and laid my hands on my tummy. I sang many songs to my child. I wished and hoped for us to have a life together. When my child began to move I knew that I knew that I loved her and no one could ever make that different. She was a part of me now. I was a part of her. I would sneak up to the mother's floor where the newborns were and look at the babies and dream of my arms around my child.

Booth Memorial Hospital Home for Unwed Mothers
Booth Memorial Home for Unwed Mothers
where I was while pregnant with Yetenna (Tina - her adopted name)

I went into labor early. They took my child and I to a big hospital because there were complications. I was so scared. I was alone with no family. I begged my mother to come and be with me. She said no. I cried so hard. I needed her. My mother told the nurses to not let me see my child. I don't know why I knew that I had rights to see my child but I knew. I made up my mind I was going to see her.

The labor was hard and seemed like endless. I was terrified that I was going to die. I was a child having a child with no support. There was a nurse's aid that I just knew God sent to me. She stayed with me for a few hours even after her shift was over. She helped take some of my fear away. (I want to thank that angel for caring when no one else seemed to). Finally they rushed me into the delivery room. They tired to put a screen up in front of me so I could not watch. I yelled and said NOOOOOOO I want to see my child be born. As soon as she was born the nurses whisked her away. I kept asking if my baby was ok. No one would answer me. I was mad, mad at them all and the world.

They took me back to my room. I kept asking if my little girl was ok. No one would answer me. Finally I got up and stomped to the nursery. I demanded in a not so nice way to see my child. They said, "no, your mother said no." I said, "I have not agreed to give my child up and I want to see her!" Finally they gave in to shut me up. They pulled her incubator to the glass. They opened the curtain. And there was my sweet little tiny girl. 3lbs 9oz. She was so so tiny, so sweet and beautiful. I cried and cried. They told me she was very very ill. I was so scared for her. I felt so helpless and powerless. I knew I just knew she would live. I willed her to live. I don't know what day it was but I sneaked down to the nursery. I opened the door and walked in. I wanted to touch my daughter. I got close to her incubator and a nurse said could I help you. I said, "yes I want to touch my child." She let me. I touch my daughter sweet little head, hands, and tiny body. That was a feeling I would carry with me till the day she found me. I prayed hard for her, for me that we could stay together somehow.

A few days later they sent me back to Booth (the unwed mother's home). I saw my sweet daughter one more time before I left. I told her how much I loved her. I cried all the way back to Booth. I stayed at Booth for a week or so.

My mother and grandmother came to get me to take me home. I was begging my mother to stop and see my daughter before I went home. She said nooooooo. She told me to think about it like it was surgery and it would go away. What a horrible thing to say to me. Make like my little Yetenna was not born and she would go away. Yea right!!!!!!!!!

The drive back home was like someone had ripped my heart and soul out and told me to TRY to live with out her. It was at this point that I know I lost hope for love, life, happiness, and the hope that I was a person. I lost all hope and turned any piece of hope I had left into hate.

-- cont. on page 5 hit the next button

e-mail us

return to last page back to home page go to next page

Tina's infancy | Tina's adolescence "SPECIAL" | Tina's Young Adulthood (looking for love) | Tina's search begins | Tina and Ginger's Reunion | Struggles in our relationship | Tina's working on healing | Healthy Mother Daughter Relationship |

Birthmother Ginger's Story | Ginger's Childhood | Ginger at the Group and Foster Homes | Rock-a-bye-bye-baby | Home for UnWed Mothers | Empty Arms - Empty Soul | Ginger's Empty Cradle | Ginger's Recovery | Hello? I am looking for my mother. | Getting to know you | The Seperation | Real Love Never Dies | Come here and sit on my knee |

Our Guestbook

We inivite each of you to sign our guestbook.
We would like to know what you are thinking,
how our web site affected you,
what you felt when you read OUR STORY,
and any additional comments you may have.

Thank you, Ginger and Tina

Sign Our Guestbook ��������� View Our Guestbook