Return to HOME page.
Kiev, 13/June/98 

To save your time, here is a telegraph-style résumé (for detailed CV and résumés see below):
  1. Presently working for QUALCOMM (Ukraine, CDMA network) contract soon to expire;
  2. Experience with MOBIKOM (joint venture of Cable&Wireless Plc. and Bulgarian PTT): 4 years;
  3. Experience in the radio communications industry: 12 years;
  4. Speciality: radio network planning, coverage, cell planning, site selection, quality analysis and management, network tuning and optimization;
  5. Managerial experience: 4 years Manager Radio Network Planning, plus the course "The Effective Manager" with Open University, UK (via NBU, Sofia);
  6. Experience in using Planet software for computer-aided planning of the network: 3 years, plus three training courses at Mobile Systems International Plc. in London.
  7. University degree: M.Sc.

For contacts:
Return to HOME page. 

E-mail: [email protected]
Presently in Kiev: (+38-044) 569-00-11 (mobile);
Alternative in Sofia: (+359-2) 38-14-25.
Address: Kompleks Tolstoi, block 30, vhod 2, apartment 11, Sofia 1220, BULGARIA
Line
CURRICULUM VITAE
PERSONAL DATA
Potrait photo of Plamen Grozdanov
Name: Plamen Grozdanov
Nationality: Bulgarian
Date of Birth: nd of March 1960
CORRESPONDENCE
Address: kompleks Tolstoi, block 30, vhod 2, apartment 11, Sofia 1220, Bulgaria
Telephone: Presently in Kiev (+38-044) 569-0011 or alternative in Sofa (+359-2) 38-14-25
e-mail: [email protected]
Web site: www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/chevy/160
EDUCATION
High School English Language School in Sofia
Subjects: English, English Literature and Poetry, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, German, etc. I had British teachers and the subjects were taught in English.
Results: 
Excellent, 5.93 out of 6.00 possible
(Military service, obligatory for all fit young men in Bulgaria)
University Sofia Technical University, Faculty of Telecommunications
Subjects: Systems and Signals, Electrodynamics, Radio Wave Propagation, Radio Receivers, Radio Transmitters, Radio Networks, Digital Signal Processing, Digital Transmission, Telecommunication Networks, Management in Radioelectronic Industry, etc. I prepared my diploma thesis in the Technische Hochschule Ilmenau (Turingen, Germany).
Results: 
Excellent, 5.95 out of 6.00 possible
Degree: 
MSc (technical sciences)
Special awards: 
Golden medal for excellent results, Special diploma of the alumni top graduate.
EMPLOYMENT RECORD
Assistant Professor in Sofia Technical University. 
Interests: Digital Transmission, Modems, Radio Modems, Digital Radio Networks
Chief Engineer, NIPAS Ltd – a private company building a digital radio network in Sofia for burglar alarm signalling. 
Radio Planning Engineer, MOBIKOM Ltd – a joint venture between Cable & Wireless and the Bulgarian PTT for building nation-wide cellular (NMT) and paging (POCSAG) networks
Manager Radio Planning, MOBIKOM Ltd
Functions: to manage planning and development of the radio part of the cellular and paging networks, among others: cell and frequency planning, network optimization, microwave link planning, interference investigation, Planet modelling, etc.
March 1998 – 
December 1998 
(temporary contract)
Manager Network Planning in a Qualcomm Inc. joint venture in Ukraine, Kiev. The company named Telesystems of Ukraine is building CDMA cellular network. My responsibilities are: network planning and optimization, site selection and audit, training of the local staff.
FORMAL TRAINING IN MANAGEMENT
Open University, UK (via NBU - Sofia) distance learning + seminars + examination 
One-semester course BZB784 "The Effective Manager" Result: pass
MISCELLANEOUS
Languages: My native language is Bulgarian. Besides English, my second foreign language is German, some French, Russian I speak as well as my mother tongue.
Driving Licence: Yes, since 1981
Sports: My favourite sport is skiing. I am a non-smoker and abstain from drinks.

Line
PROFESSIONAL RÉSUMÉ

At the age of nineteen I won a scholarship to the Sofia Technical University. I studded on the Faculty of Communications and won a golden medal for excellent results. I happened to be the top student among my 1986 alumni and was honoured by the dean with an invitation to take the job of an assistant-professor on the Chair of Radio Communications.

As an assistant professor my field of interests included digital signal processing (spectrum and correlation analysis, FFT, waveform analyses, coding, etc.), digital transmission over radio channels (modems, radiomodems, etc.), transceiver network planning, radar data processing and radar network planning (interference analysis, frequency planning, etc.).

As Chief Engineer in NIPAS Ltd my duties included technical project management. This was a pioneering project to deploy a long range digital radio network with central station and repeaters for burglar alarm signalling. I took part in the commercial negotiations with the equipment supplier, prepared the specification and discussed delivery terms, warranty and maintenance issues, etc. One of my key responsibilities was to prepare and file the applications for frequency permission. This included co-ordination zone calculations and coverage forecast. My work concluded with the successful technical trial. (After system start-up the business was sold due to investment constraints of the partners.)

As Manager Radio Planning with MOBIKOM Ltd (a joint venture of Cable&Wireless Plc and Bulgarian PTT) I was responsible for planning all aspects of short- and long-term radio network development. I managed the work of the engineers in the Radio Planning Section, who prepared detailed technical plans to meet quality and coverage targets. The everyday work included cell planning, site selection, network investigations and tuning, propagation forecasts, frequency planning, interference analysis, coverage predictions, field radio surveys, QoS tests, performance optimization, etc. We did this using among other tools Planet with a set of computer maps (on a UNIX platform). We prepared submissions to the licensing authorities as required by the network plans and I liaised with other operators to co-ordinate frequency allocations. The section participated actively in the preparation of the annual business plans. My section and I had many other technical, business and administrative responsibilities, which cannot be all mentioned here (e.g. non-ionising radiation control, competitor coverage analysis, etc.).

I took part in compiling a GSM licence application (MOBIKOM is one of the strongest contenders in the expected bidding for a GSM licence).

Presently I work for Qualcomm Inc. in Kiev, Ukraine. I am Manager Network Planning in the joint venture between Ukrainian companies and Qualcomm. We develop CDMA cellular network in 800 MHz band. My responsibilities include CDMA network design and optimization, local staff training, site selection, site audit and approval, etc. My contract with Qualcomm is temporary and will expire December'98.

I have just received from the Open University in UK a letter of notification that I have passed the examination after completing course BZB-784 "The Effective Manager" and will receive the certificate I am entitled to.

Line
PERSONAL RÉSUMÉ
But please do not think of me only as technically minded. I suppose I might be competent in the field of radio communications, but I also have modest managerial and organizational experience. I had been the organizer for a number of events and was appointed an Executive Secretary of the 5-th National Workshop on Automated Systems (in Bulgaria). And at MOBIKOM Ltd. I managed the work of 5-7 engineers in my section. Presently together with my Ukrainian shadow we manage the work of .

Might I be permitted several incidental word? I am a non-smoker and abstain from drinks. And skiing is my favourite sport that I practice regularly.

Return to HOME page.