Tragically on February 5, 1998, Slaughter guitarist Timothy Patrick Kelly was killed in a car accident. Below is the information that the band placed in the liner notes for the "Eternal Live" cd.

On February 5, 1998 while compiling tracks for this very recording, we received the most difficult and disturbing phone call of our lives. An Arizona highway patrol trooper, much to our disbelief, confirmed that Tim Kelly had passed away as a result of a tragic auto/truck accident in Bagdad, AZ.

"That day we lost a family member, guitar player and best friend. "The things that we've gone through together over the last almost ten years created a bond between the four of us that is beyond description. Tim Kelly has forever changed my life. He was and always will be a part of me, and his spirit will remain with me forever."....Blas Elias

"Life is and will always not be the same, without "Tim Kelly." It still seems like a bad dream, I wish I could wake up and it be back to the way things were....Tim was a true "Rock Star", Tim lived for the moment and will be part of us no matter where he is"....Dana Strum

"Tim was always concerned about others. he was a very compassionate man and was the guy who always put a smile on your face. Tim ,You"ll always be on my mind, I think I've learned a lesson on how fragile life is, Savor every moment...Spread your wings, and Fly to the angels in Eternal Life.....God Bless you my friend" ....Mark Slaughter

We want to make sure that Tim Kelly, who dedicated his life to making goodtime, upbeat music will not to be forgotten. Everyone from fellow musicians to industry professionals, CNN, MTV, local and national news and his fans paritcipated in paying homage to this music man. There is no question that Tim Kelly is and always will be a very missed man.

Below are Tim's personal stats/faves and biographical info as it was listed originally on my website the day he died.

PERSONAL INFO

Age at death ~ 35 yrs                       

Date of Birth ~ January 13, 1963
Height ~ 5 feet 6 inches tall

Eye Color ~ 1 hazel / 1 brown green     

Hair Color ~ Brown & Very Curly
Fave Colors ~ Dark Purple & Black
Fave Food ~ Seafood & Chinese
Fave Beverage ~ Water
Pets ~ 2 Dogs: Mac, a Golden Retriever and Buster, a Chocolate Lab
Fave TV Show ~ Howard Stern on E! TV
Fave Movie ~ Spinal Tap, Jurrassic Park and Pulp Fiction
Fave Book ~ anything and everything by Stephen King
Fave Number ~ 13
Fave Cartoon Character ~ Bugs Bunny

MUSICAL HISTORY

Tim was a completely self-taught guitar player. He found inspiration in guitarists such as Peter Frampton & Rick Derringer.

Prior to joining Slaughter, Tim was in 3 other bands. They were Hellion, New Haven and Allegence. Tim's brother was also in Allegence.

Tim's advice to aspiring musicians is BE PATIENT! IT DOESN'T HAPPEN OVERNIGHT!!

PICTURE OF TIM TO BE ADDED AS SOON AS THE THUMBNAILS ARE COMPLETED. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND SAY A PRAYER FOR TIM. Rest in Peace Tim...I hope you are flying with the angels!

Band Biography | Band Group Photos | Blas Elias | Tim Kelly | Mark Slaughter | Dana Strum | Jeff Blando | Fans & Fan Club Info | Discography | Lyrics | Sound Files | Links | Tour Dates | Interviews & Articles | Slaughter Webring | Sign New Guestbook | View New Guestbook |