...there was me.

That is to say . . . I was born. 1966 was the year (the Year of the Fire Horse) and I was born on May 26th of that year (a gemini). I grew up in Modesto, California where I followed my older brother, Roger, into the world of community theatre. As we grew up, I stuck with the theatre and he pursued music. Now he has a Ph.D. from Yale in Music and is a professor at Eastman College in Rochester, New York, and I'm working as an office assistant for the State in Sacramento, California. Such is life.
    Specifically, I am currently working for the the Braille and Talking Book Library. This service provides books in braille and/or recorded on cassette for those who are unable to read standard print books for one reason or another. It is probably one of the most appreciated services the State provides. It was of particular interest to me because it is a service I have grown up with since my father is blind.
    Outside of my job, I still pursue my interest in theatre on a local level. I've acted in around 40 or so productions in my life, I'd guess. I got a B.A. in Theatre Arts from California State University, Northridge. While I was there they taught me all about acting for the stage and then, in my final semester, they taught me how to go about getting an acting job in the movies. Ahhh, the joys of higher education.
    I moved up to Sacramento to attend California State University, Sacramento for the purpose of getting an M.A. in Creative Writing (which I got...eventually). As noted elsewhere on this site, I write fairy tales and poetry. I've also written stage plays, short stories, and a screenplay. I've yet to have any of my work published, but I have had three of my plays produced.
    My other main creative pursuit is sewing dolls. It started out as an exercise cobbling together spare material with the aid of my great grandfather's sewing machine to see if it still worked. Since that time I've made close to 100 dolls (still using that same machine) and I've been a featured artist at a local art gallery. It's certainly a handy hobby when Christmas rolls around. Most of the dolls I make are fairies of one kind or another. Sometimes they are inspired by the stories I write...sometimes they inspire the stories I write.
    A few random notes:

If you'd care to know more about me than this, feel free to email me at: [email protected].

Return to Red's Castle