Butterfly Exchange:
Please click on any butterfly to get a larger picture :)
Debbie K. for Barbara
Karen for Beth Z. Debbie D. for Lenore Carla for Beth A. Carolyn for Carol
Carla for Beth A.
Lenore for Debbie D.
 Beth A. for Carla
you wish to know :) LaRae for Karen
 Carol for Carolyn
barb julie eliz Maus for Carey
Diane colleen Anne

1) Debbie K. for Barbara
2) Karen for Beth Z. I used size 20 variegated pink thread. 
The pattern is the Butterfly Corner from The Tatter's Treasure Chest 
edited by Mary Carolyn Waldrep in the Dover Needlework Series.
3) Debbie D. for Lenore
4) Carla for Beth A.
5) Carolyn for Carol It was done in knit-cro-sheen in needle tatting and is from the Monica Hahn book Christmas Angels. 
6) Carla for Beth A.
7) Lenore for Debbie D. I used Cebelia size #30 in 3 colors, blue aqua and pink.  I altered a pattern from my grandmother's collection of magazine snippings. Click here for the pattern.
8) Beth A. for Carla From a 1983 Needlecraft for Today magazine - and I also made her a GR-8 butterfly.
9) Beth Z. for Karen Her own design.
10) La Rae for Karen
11) Carol for Carolyn I used a pattern from Rebecca Jones, The Complete Book of Tatting Figure 211.  I used a size 20, varigated Manuela M204 for the wings and the body is Manuela M002 pale grapefruit.
12) Barbara for Debbie K. The pattern was the one from Woolco.  The fly was made of the LBH? size 40 in lavender and purple. The glitz was Kreinick blending filament in lavender and purple. The pattern only gave instructions for the body and the lavender parts of the upper wings. You are supposed to follow the photo for the rest.
13) Julie for Eliz Her own design.
14) Eliz for Julie Her own design.
15) Maus for Carey Waltraud Naumer "Schiffchenspitzen" , 1984 (Verlag Paul Haupt). I added a small filigree on the back and attached a pin finding so one can wear it. I used two colors of DMC tatting thread #80.
16) Diane for Lynn Pattern:  Rosemary Peel's Tatting for Pleasure 
Thread:  Anchor Cordonnett #12 with Kreinik filament wound with shuttle thread
17)  Pattern: by Hoskins, Caron Impressions thread 

18) Colleen for Anne 1977 Workbasket magazine - it's actually a single motif from the final round of a doily. The body and antennea are Krenik #8 Braid (gold), the wing centers and edging are Krenik #8 Braid (white metallic) and the wings are DMC Cebelia #30 (color #932).
19) Anne for Colleen her own pattern. Find the pattern HERE.

| home | news | members | pictures | patterns | exchange | chat |