too little[bill is...].jpg (9753 bytes)

too little[poster].jpg (27210 bytes)

"Relentlessly funny! No one can make you laugh like Bill Murray." (Jeffery Lycous, WNBC-TV)

Working Title: Watch That Man (1996) (Based on Robert Farrar's original novel, Watch That Man)

Rabbit's Rate: ****1/2 (over *****)

Classic Description:
Wallace Ritchie (Bill Murray) visits his brother James in London because of his own birthday.  To divert Wallace from his German dinner, he gets him off into the "Theatre of Life", an interactive stage show that puts participants in the middle of crime-solving adventures across the streets of London.  But Wallace is about to be mistaken as a real secret American agent.  Each thing is all just a game in Walley's mind, but what he's in is really a bear dead series.  Since his stupid mind, which is still thinking he's playing a role in the "Theatre of Life", he foils everyone's plan luckily and confounds other English and Russian agents. 

Classic Information:
Director:  Jon Amiel
Cast: Bill Murray, Peter Gallagher, Joanne Whalley-Kilmer, Alfred Molina, and Richard Wilson
Writers: Robert Farrar and Howard Franklin
Producer: Joseph M. Caracciolo Jr. (executive), Arnon Milchan, Michael G. Nathanson, Elizabeth Robinson (executive), Mark Tarlov, Madeline Warren (co-producer)

Release Date: 14 November 1998 (USA)

Classic Quote of Bill in The Man Who Knew Too Little:
"Sorry, I get a little bit insensitive... but, I'm a hitman!" (Let's listen up!) (RealPlayer)
(More Classic Quote)

Trivia:
1. The movie is based on Robert Farrar's novel, Watch That Man.
2. The Man Who Knew Too Little is not a remake of  Hitchcock's classic, The Man Who Knew Too Much.
3. This movie is often compared with Mike Meyer's Auston Power (1997). (Wanna see one of them?)
4. It's always compared with Micahel Douglas' The Game (1997).
5. Bill Murray offered money-back gurantee for the movie, and because of this, he was listed "Winner" in the "Winner and Loser" section of Time Magazine. (Listen to his money-back gurantee in Conan O' Brien's show)
6. This film is filmed in London.

Business:
Opening Weekend
£66,086 (UK) (17 May 1998) (150 screens)
$4.604m (USA) (16 November 1997) (2,036 screens)
Gross
£66,086 (UK) (17 May 1998)
$13.801m (USA) (19 January 1998)
$13.747m (USA) (11 January 1998)
$13.678m (USA) (4 January 1998)
$13.429m (USA) (28 December 1997)
$13.175m (USA) (21 December 1997)
$12.973m (USA) (14 December 1997)
$12.413m (USA) (7 December 1997)
$11.212m (USA) (30 November 1997)
$8.574m (USA) (23 November 1997)
$4.604m (USA) (16 November 1997)
Weekly Gross
£66,086 (UK) (17 May 1998) (150 screens)
Admissions
107,020 (Germany) (15 June 1998)

Classic Mutimedia:
The Sountrack Cover
The DVD Cover
Getting Cast in The Man Who Knew Too Little (RealPlayer) (Hollywood Online)
Hated the script for The Man Who Knew Too Little (Real Player) (Hollywood Online)
Trailer (QT)
Video: "I'm a blockbuster in the moring" (AVI)
Screensaver (From The Official Site)
Desktop Theme (From The Official Site)
Bill talks about the movie in Conan O' Brien's Show (RealPlayer)

Classic Reviews:
Roger Rabbit's Review
Many, many...

Classic Links:
The Man Who Knew Too Little (Official)
Bill Murray Action News: TMWKTL
Cinema1: The Man Who Knew Too Little

Submit Your Own Review For The Man Who Knew Too Little!!

In order to submit your own review for the movie, you just need to send an e-mail to [email protected] with your name, e-mail address, and certainly, the article.  Either short or long review will do.  After submitting me your review, the review will be posted on this page as soon as possible.  I'm looking forward to seein' your classic review.

Classic Movie Stills:

too little[logo3].jpg (19977 bytes)
Click on me to go to the Classic Movie Stills Page!

Deleted Scenes
Logos<