Equipment of Thunderbirds 2086

I can only say about equipment featured in the two episodes I have on tape. There may be more, but I won't know until I have more of the series.

Space Walkers
The walkers at work

These are called Space Walkers. They are one-man walkers for use in space. They are equipped with versatile robotic arms that can hold objects or can support tools as required.

Dylan Beyda modelling the spacesuit

Also for use in airless environments are the spacesuits. They are made of a material that will allow the wearer as much movement as possible and are equipped with thrusters for space walks.

Honey, I'm home!
Torpedoes away!

Stored aboard Thunderbird 1 is this device which is similar in style to the Kazon Torpedo from Star Trek VoyagerTM. It is fired at the object that needs to be penetrated, and will instantly pierce the object and allow the pilot seated within to emerge inside the area they require access to.

Back

Return to main page

Sled
Sled (again!)
Sled (yet again!)

When getting to their Thunderbirds from inside the base, the cadets can summon the sleds, which serve the simple purpose of getting the pilots to their machines as quickly as possible. Once the pilots are in the Thunderbirds, the sleds are stored aboard until their return to base to allow them to leave the same way they entered.