Series logo

I'm not sure how many remember this series that aired in the States in 1983 and in the UK in 1986. I was 8/9 when it was originally broadcast over here. I have recently rediscovered this series, based on Gerry Anderson's SupermarionationTM original, and just last week bought a tape containing two episodes. This area contains all the information and pictures I could get from the two episodes.

The series is actually another American re-dub of a Japanese anime, in this case, called Technovoyager. I believe the original aired in Japan in 1980 (although someone may have to correct me on that one).

The following pages go through what I know on the subject which stems mainly from the two episodes "Firefall" and "Computer Madness", two episodes based off Earth, so I have not yet seen any Earth-based rescues.

Characters

Vehicles

Equipment

Thunderbirds 2086 is ©1983 ITC Entertainment Group Ltd. The material within these pages is their property.

Base

Mankind is ever-expanding the frontiers of technical superiority into areas unknown and uncharted..

Each quest promises marvellous discoveries, but each also brings potential danger.

In direct response to the dangers of our advanced technology, we need an organisation that is ready to mobilise dramatic survival resources at a moment's notice.

Conceptions in rescue  that can challenge the impossible.

The Thunderbirds - five  of the finest cadets in the world dedicated to the service of mankind wherever he may be in distress.

Combined with a dazzling array of vehicles and equipment designed to specifications in the space-age technology of the 21st Century.

A special rescue squad ready to answer a last-chance  distress call, a call that could arrive at any time at any disaster scene on or off this planet.

These are the Thunderbirds 2086!

Return to main page