Back to Blueshirts HQBenedict Taylor banner

ARCHIVED: As of July 2001 info no longer updated

Off the Cuff

In the interests of our 2 degrees of separation Blueshirts stories: A friend swears she saw Benedict in a tiny Austrian alpine restaurant when she was skiing about 10 years ago.

I spotted Benedict in an episode of the C4 drama Psychos playing the concerned son of an elderly and extremely ill mother who was about to undergo ECT. His character could've been called Gavin, I'm not entirely sure.

Links on this page:

Roles: Television

• The 10 Percenters (1994) - Atin
  • Charles and Diana: Unhappily Ever After (1992) (TV) - Prince Andrew
  • The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (1992) - guest-starred as Sixtus
  • An Actor's Life for Me (1991) - Sebastian Groom
  • John Le Carr�'s A Perfect Spy (1987) - Young Pym
  • Vanity Fair (1987) - George Osborne
  • Every Time We Say Goodbye (1986) - Peter
  • Behind Enemy Lines aka 92 Grosvenor Street (1985)
  • The Corsican Brothers (1985)
  • Thirteen at Dinner (1985) - Donald Ross
  • The First Modern Olympics (1984)
  • The Last Days of Pompeii (1984) - Antonius
  • The Far Pavilions (1984) - Wally
  • Beau Geste(1983) Benedict wore a French Legionnaire's uniform which made a big impression on this Blueshirt tailor when she was nine years old!
  • The Watcher in the Woods (1980) - Mike Fleming
  • Turn of the Screw (1974) - Timothy

Roles: Film

• Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) -Starship Pilot. Tailors' review
  • Monk Dawson (1998)
  • Danielle Steele's Jewels (1992) - Julian
  • Barbara Cartland's Duel of Hearts (1992) - Lord Vane Brecon. Yes, that's right. Benedict had appalling quiffed hair but strode around playing Lord of the Manor quite brilliantly.
  • The Black Arrow (1985) - Richard. This is an adaptation of Robert Louis Stevenson's story starring Oliver Reed and involves lots of dashing escapes on horseback and the like!

..smoulder.."Oh, what rosy cheeks you have Vane!"

Snippets

Benedict is one of the many English actors in Episode 1: The Phantom Menace carrying on his family tradition as his sister Femi was Jabba the Hutt's slave girl dancer in Return of the Jedi

Cufflinks

• The only other Benedict Taylor page in existence! This is run by Colleen who is hoping to get some new pictures soon of Benedict. Thanks for letting us use the Duel of Hearts picture.
  • I've managed to find a couple of pictures of Benedict in Duel of Hearts, which you can get to by clicking here (scroll down a little way). Mostly they just show the quality of this film through Benedict's classy hair and plaid waistcoats.

What little is out there, that we can find, is accessible via the cute icon.

Contact

c/o Jonathan Altaras Associates
13 Shorts Gardens
LONDON WC2H 9AT