Welcome to Blueshirts HQBlueshirts HQ banner

Welcome to Blueshirts (1998 - 2004), a site dedicated to British male celebrities and actors. To qualify for inclusion our members:

1. exude wit, intelligence and charm
  2. are in possession of devastating good looks and/or "that certain something"
  3. were woefully neglected by the Web and needed to brought to the attention of the world
  4. are a Brit

Blueshirt Members

Other Pages

Here endeth Blueshirts after 6 years of adulation

End of Season Sale
Happy Birthday

February: Eddie Izzard (7th), Simon Pegg (Valentines)
March: Jack Davenport (1st)
April: Jamie Bamber (3rd), Neil Pearson (27th) and Steven Mackintosh (30th)
May: Richard E. Grant (5th), Joe Fiennes (27th), Rupert Everett (29th)
June: Hugh Laurie (11th), Sam West (19th)
July: Johnny Vaughan (16th)
October: Ioan Gruffudd (6th), Rufus Sewell (29th)
December: Jeremy Northam (1st)

Tailor's Greetings

26 April 2004

Well it's the end of an era. The Closed sign is now up on Blueshirts.

Blueshirts was founded in 1998, when the web was still fondly described as "the information superhighway". Back then, a showcase worthy of British talent - and a practice site for my newly acquired HTML - was badly needed. But the boys are taking Hollywood by storm all by themselves now, and as offers for full-time editing of the site haven't appeared it's time for other fans to take up the mantle of adulation.

Many thanks to all our contributors over the years and especially those lovely BluShers who took the time to write in.

If you've come across the site through an old link, please feel free to scavenge pictures and facts, and have a giggle at our reviews.

Farewell and adieu British gentlemen! May your upper lips always be stiff. I'm now off to the moist climes of Cumbria to devote my spare time to hearty walks, rescuing red squirrels, developing the perfect dirty martini ... and world peace.

Oscarina xxx

P.S. If anyone has any burning questions, I'll be keeping an eye on our [email protected] e-mail until June.

Why "Blueshirts"?

It came to our attention that on donning a shirt of the right blue a man's attractiveness rating can increase 100%.

Coupled with the fact that many of our favourite British celebs and actors didn't seem to be very well-represented on the Web, we decided to take action and create Blueshirts in homage to the phenomenon way back in 1998. Of course, the men featured in Blueshirts don't really need such a prop, but it doesn't do them any harm!

This website was brought to you by the founder Tailor Oscarina, plus occasional guest reviews by K and A and the number 7. British-made.