Gargoyles

7th of July 99

Robert Masciantonio has said the following about his latest script Gargoyles, "It's a story about revenge...inner conflicts with a dash of love thrown in. It centers around Brandon right after the accidental death of his five year old son. I wanted it to be on the darker side along the lines of "The Crow." There are also elements of Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One." Obviously, I don't want to tell too much of the story at this point.", Masciantonio goes on to mention the cast he would like Dimension films to get for him "If they (Dimension) decide to go with it, I want to get rolling as soon as possible. I already have a few (thespians) in mind; David Boreanaz, Kristy Swanson, James Marsters, Christian Campbell, Katie Holmes, James Caan...Tom Savini is on to do the special make-up effects and possibly also make a cameo.". Robert has a love of the genre that I hope will keep his work genre based. Look forward to other works by Robert including the highly anticipated "Cold Hearts" and the sequel to Cold Hearts and Lost Boys, "Lost Boys 2: The Coldest of Hearts" which will go under his pen. (HO)
  29th of April 1999

According to Darkhorizons "Cold Hearts" (eternity's a bitch) one of this years vampire flicks is getting rave reviews. Those who have kind of been following the progress of this film will know it is about having a thing for vampires and than really becoming one. Especially with Tom Savini advising on the FX! The official site http://www.shiftworld.com/index2.html so you may want to hop along and check it out. From the mind of Robert Angelo Masciantonio, his passing physical resemblance to Kevin Smith (Clerks) is also shown in his spoof "Jerks" of that cult film. Darkhorizons is reporting that Robert is working on "That Spooky Place" little details are known of this film. If anyone has some they'd like to pass on.. Please do as I hear Robert is throwing the ideas around a bit. The Cabinet of Dr. Casey has put up an interview with the new writer/director. It explains how the Movie was originally a trilogy "Fangs" and how Robert has written a script for "Lost Boys 2", it also has info on his other script "Gargoyles" go to the above link for this insightful interview.

Robert Angelo Masciantonio
 BACK TO MAIN  BACK TO NEWS ARCHIVE |FILM NEWS ARCHIVE|

Copyright , 1998-1999.
Click Here!