GUESTBOOK
 Sign the book |
View the book

JOIN THE
MAILING LIST.

Click above to make Horror Fans Anon the #1 horror fan site.. or if you are after other great horror sites.

FEEDBACK AND SCOOPS to my email address
[email protected]
Thanks in advance.

HFA and GHOST TOURS PRESENT

Tuesday the 12th of September 2000 at Boggo Road.Click for more.

LATEST 2000

NEWS

FILM NEWS

TV NEWS

REVIEWS

INTERVIEWS

SPOTLights

LINKS

WEBRINGS

SEARCH HFA

EDU-cate

TROPHY ROOM

Under Construction

A-2-Z of Horror films

A-2-Z of Horror TV

INDIE

SPOILER ROOM

--Australian stuff--

OZ movie release

--self indulgence--

Crap I wrote

SHANE

Diary of the Page (early days)

--Affiliates--

Ghost Tours

CUT- Unofficial

GLORY DAY

The Road Rules Project

Stop It, You're Killing ME!

BIG KID

SIGNUP FOR WEEKLY NEWS

By clicking on (HFA NEWS) at the end of a newsflash, you will be taken to the MAIN news page for that film.

HFA WILL BE BACK AND STRONG IN SEPTEMBER
RHPS turns 25 this year. Celebration than

The NEW HFA will have an Australian Accent.

More visible than the current one.

Tuesday 6th of June 2000

Paul Verhoeven is a little bewildered at the MPAA rating that HOLLOW MAN got:
"I got a straight R. I gave the movie to the MPAA and got an R. It's the first time in my life. All my movies have been called X or NC-17. It was X when I started here: Flesh and Blood, Robocop, and Total Recall all got an X. Then Basic Instinct, Showgirls, and Starship Troopers got NC-17. It's still an R; it's not a PG-13, and I couldn't make it a PG-13. The muscular body, and the way he is sometimes expressed in certain forms, is too scary for a PG-13. He is sometimes seen in layered form, and certainly during the transformation he is mostly of course layered, in between. Later, he is seen in layered forms or muscular form. So it's disturbing." (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

New site to check out this week for all the fans of Horror out there. It's called CHUD, sure everyone knows about CHUD (Cinematic Happenings Under Development). The section is called CHUD: The Creature Corner, it will from now on contain daily updating horror news.

Monday 5th of June 2000

The Diabolical Dominion got this neat pic of Jason within striking distance. (DD) (HFA NEWS)

The Freddy Vs. Jason rumours are really starting to pick up now. USA today interviewed the NEW LINE boss and got the following. "Jason X" and the long-awaited "Freddy vs. Jason". Head honcho Mike DeLuca says "We've always wanted to do Freddy vs. Jason as soon as possible", but scripts so far have been lacking - currently scribe Mark Protosevich ("The Cell") is having a crack at the FvJ project which the studio is aiming for a 2002 release. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

There are some new pictures from Impostor now available. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

A whole bunch of information about Queen of the Damned turned up HERE.

- Louis (played by Brad Pitt in 'Interview') does not appear in the script, though Armand (Antonio Banderas in 'Interview') is a minor supporting character.
- As mentioned before both the novels "The Vampire Lestat" and "The Queen of the Damned" have been combined. One of the key elements - a love story between Lestat and the character of 'Jesse' is developed in the script.

- Vampiric history is "touched upon, but not in any great detail".

- One bound to be cool scene is as follows: "Akasha (the Queen) is awakened by Lestat's music and arises at the concert. As a result, the concert is interrupted and mass mayhem ensues. Akasha's goal is only to destroy the earth. She does not have the reasoning or motivation that is featured in the Chronicles".

- The twin vampire characters Maharet and Mekare are in the film, but a lot of their backstory is left out. As is the character of Enkil, The Vampire King .

- The character of 'Pandora' does appear, and seemingly appears to be - well there's no nice way to say this, a slut. Marius, the vampire who created Lestat also appears.

- More spoilers HERE.

(DH) (HFA NEWS)

Sunday 4th of June
MEGA UPDATE

HERE is that promised Update

Check out SMILEY THE CHAINSAWMAN. You'll be glad that you did it. There are trailers available for this film already. small 160x120, 240x180 and 320 by 240. (HFA NEWS)

The new poster of from Godzilla 2000 popped up on DH this week. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Johnny Lee Miller has joined the cast of "Dracula 2000" as an antique collector. (CSO) Jeri Ryan from Star Trek has also joined the cast as journo in search of Drac. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

David Boreanaz (ANGEL) will be joining the cast of Jamie Blank's "Valentine". He will play the lead role, which is that of a nerd that is the victim of a practical joke (sounds like Slaughter High). 10 years later he is still out for revenge and he's handsome and successfull and he kills them all 4 women who embarrassed him in sequence. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Cult director Spike Jonze will have a small role in "Hannibal" as a redneck hunter who is killed by Hannibal. (DH) News from the set and an actor working on the film talking about the atmosphere. "They're really going for this spooky, kind of surreal ambiance, and the lighting shows that. It's taking them a long time to light each scene, because Ridley and (director of photography John Mathieson) are really particular about what they want. I think it's all going to be a little more theatrical, more of a horror movie than Jonathan Demme's movie. Where that was a thriller, Ridley is really putting emphasis on the spooky aspect" (HFA NEWS)

Wes Craven has sent out an email to a lot of new sites, excluding mine.. (more bad marks when I finally review Scream 3). Anyhow it's all about Scream 4. "Hello! Wes Craven here-- with some news I thought you might want to know! Dimension Films contacted me and asked if I would be interested in directing Scream 4. I declined. They have a screenwriter attached to the project and they're trying for a 2002 release". (DH) (HFA NEWS)

Arac Attack a film about killer spiders could start shooting in Australia within the next 3 months. Locations in Queensland, Australia and New Zealand have been sought with the chance of using locations in New Zealand. The director is a New Zealander. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

The film starring Keanu Reeves recently know as Driven, no known as "The Watcher" will begin shooting in the next few weeks. The shoot will be done in Arizona with sections of the Ramada Inn and local Hospital as locations. (DH) Additional news in the form of a scoop appeared at DH.

"I was finally able to identify the movie....The Watcher (formally known as Driven). I was told that primary shooting was scheduled for a late December, early January 2000 completion date in Chicago; yet here it is late May in Yuma, and still 5 weeks left to shoot (they probably had to stop for Keanu's other work). This is director Joe Charbanic's first major film (he's directed at least 3 rock videos), so perhaps being on budget and on time did not happen in this case. The premise of the movie (sorry if this is already known to you) is that serial killer Keanu wants to lure out retired homicide detective James Spader by leaving clues as to who his next victim will be. Apparently, the two protagonists have a shared history going back 8 years. Marisa Tomei also stars." (HFA NEWS)

New Line have bought an action script called "Stray Dawgz" as a starring vehicle for Ice Cube. The script tells the story of a parolee who learns that he is the latest in a long line of werewolf hunters in his family. Very soon, though, he must battle a new breed of werewolves in the San Francisco Bay area in order to save his sister and the world. Gregory Dark will direct the film with Aaron Ray and Matt Alvarez producing. Dawgz is the latest genre project on Ice Cube's plate. (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

There is a trailer available for the upcoming "Invisible Man" series on the SCIF FI CHANNEL now available. (CSO)

Reviews this last week

"Shadow of the Vampire" (DH) (HFA NEWS)

HOW's Horror ranking at the Box office??
May 26th WEEKEND
 Australia $ top 20 United States $ top 10 United Kingdom 15

5. Pitch Black

659 thou, 2 mil

7. Frequency
3.6 mil, 35 mil

2. Final Destination
1.2mil, 3.45 mil

7. Stir of Echoes
221 thou,

These are the sources I get the info from, I add my own slant to them, however I use the NEWS as gathered from below. Unless stated otherwise.
DH = Darkhorizons.
IMDB = Internet Movie Data Base Studio Briefing
COR = Corona's Coming Attractions
CSO = Cinescape online.
D2K/DD = Diabolical Dominion.com
DRC = The Cabinet of Dr. Casey.
EO = E! Online / Yahoo
UPC= Upcoming Horror Movies.com
RS = Really Scary
HO = Horror Online.

For past HFA news check the HFA NEWS ARCHIVE.
 REVIEWS
STOP IT, YOU'RE KILLING ME
CUT
Urban Flesh (Eaters)
Stigmata
House on Haunted Hill
Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies
Arrival 2: The Second Arrival

CUT HFA SPOTlight slowly opening

CAUTION- WEBSITES CAN KILL
 REVIEWS
Y2K- SHUT DOWN DETECTED