Spawn 2

18th of August 99

According to Todd McFarlane SPAWN 2 could start filming as early ast the 3rd quarter of 2000. (CSO)
8th of July 99

There will be one villain in "Spawn 2" and that will be a serial killer.. Todd expects the next film to take a darker more suspense driven style, with less FX (with an R rating). McFarlane explains the regrets of the last film "One thing that I am adamant about is that the reason why Frankenstein, Dracula and The Wolf Man were successful was because when they came out, they were the only thing that was out of the ordinary." He adds, "In hindsight, by the time you have the Devil, the demon, the Violator and the Clown, you have no uniqueness to your character. So what I am doing is stripping them all away and there's only going to be one unique thing: our guy Spawn. He's going to be pushed in the shadows. He's going to be like the Bogey Man."
24th of June 99

Michael Jai White has said that he is keen to return to the title roll in SPAWN 2. He was talking to Mania website and this is what he said, "There's talk back and forth, but I don't really link on to it until it's more of a reality. I've heard and I'm also hoping that the sequel will be a lot more like the animated series and how the comic series is now, and really focus on the urban horror elements of the character. All I can say is that once they get it together, I'm rarin' to go." (CSO)
 4th of June 1999

Todd McFarlane expects to turn in a script for "Spawn 2", in about 5 weeks and has been green lighted on the more dark film version of his comic book character.
 19th of May 1999.

Lou Diamond Phillips joins the cast of "Picking up the Pieces" and wil also be starring in "Bats" a film in the vein of Hitchcocks "The Birds" that will release arounf Halloween this year..
 BACK TO MAIN  BACK TO NEWS ARCHIVE |FILM NEWS ARCHIVE|

Copyright , 1998-1999.
Click Here!