Roger Corman's 35-part serial monster movie

11th of September 99

More on the Corman "Monsterfest" serial, "[AMC] started asking me, 'Is there any way we could shoot something that would be playing in between the horror pictures?’ We decided to shoot a movie based on an old Saturday-afternoon cliffhanger. I play Dr. Gorman, head of the AMC horror library, and I send these film students into the library where they become enmeshed in the horror films themselves." The serial will be directed by Gwyneth Gibbey, who recently directed "Night Fall" for Corman. (CSO)
26th of August 1999

Roger Corman will be producing and starring in a new "35-Chapter serial monster movie" according to cinsecape online... as per serial's it will most like combine the style you saw with the old SHAZAM series except it will be horror.. Expect to see serquences toward the end of the piece where the monsters Identity looks like it will be revealed, and than you'll get a tune in next week type message.. This Cliffhanger approach to directing is something that lacks in most horror TV.. Buffy only has a couple of two part episodes with an ongoing mythos.. But imagine a Buffy style 2 part series.. Than multiply the anxiety by about 17 and you'll be half way to how fun this new show will be. The show will be available on AMC and will run from October 29 at 9.00pm until you drop basically. Corman will also be hosting the show.. I wish I had the channel so I could see this amazing TV event. The 35 parter will play out between movies. (CSO)
 BACK TO MAIN  BACK TO NEWS ARCHIVE |TV NEWS ARCHIVE|

Copyright , 1998-1999.
Click Here!