The Second Arrival
(the Arrival 2)

HORROR: The Second Arrival

REVIEWER: Shane Gavin

RATING: B+

REVIEW:

This film takes off where the original left off. Released on video in Australia I quickly rented it and had a good old look at it. The film follows Jack Addison a close relation to Zaine (Charlie Sheen in the original), who recieves a package from Zaine. The pacakage arrives because Zaine has been killed, even though he has moved to a cold climate where the aliens would hopefully not catch him. The package has instructions to meet with people in a refrigeration unit, where they will find evidence of the aliens. That's where everything starts to go a bit heywire. One of the invited guests turns out to be an alien, that is not to keen on the COLD-ness and thus for this reson breaks it's legs back and the fight to save humanity from the aliens terra-forming plans of melting the earths polar ice caps and turn the earth into something quite horrifically hot.

The film is directed by a horror veteran Kevin Tenney (Witchboard 1 and 2, Night of the Demons, Pinochio's Revenge) and is done with the smae cinematic grace that made the original fall short of a huge box office success. The sequel is definately up a notch on the pace of the original and the addition of some NEW alien artifacts including a Cirtual Light device make for a very interesting film in concept.

The film stars Patrick Muldoon (Starship Troopers, Stigmata) as Jack Addison and Jane Sibbet as Bridgette a reporter who is as much after a story as uncovering the truth and staying alive. Neither performance seems to ask for much but both keep you watching the screen to find out what will happen at the end.

If you expect a remake of the original with more biff and knuckle you might be in for a bit of a suprise. I enjoyed it more than the sequel and that's why I give it a B+.

HFA MAIN PAGE|POST YOUR OWN HORROR REVIEW|MAIN REVIEW|

Copyright , 1998-2000.
Click Here!

(C) 1998-99 Shane Gavin HFA.