Urban Flesh (Eaters)
  (1999)

HORROR: Urban Flesh (eaters)

REVIEWER: Shane Gavin

RATING: A

REVIEW:

Finally a film that will make you re-think what you are about to eat. Finally a film that takes all that made you flinch in Lucio films and makes it even more disturbing. Imagine taking the scary and horrifying parts of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and than dragging them out even further than you could ever imagine. It makes "Ravenous" look like the "CARE BEARS" and it makes Night of the living Dead look more like a midnight snack. 

Have you ever sat down and wondered how gorey a film could be? Have you ever wondered if there was a film where a bad guy slams a pregnant woman over the head with a shovel, and than eats her unborn child? Well wonder no more. You'll have a lot of trouble trying to keep your food down after you have seen this film from Candian director, Alexandre Michaud.  The movie is only in short supply (300 copies world wide to be exact) and is in the preliminary editing stages. The only criticism I would have of the film would be the sound but I'm sure that will be tidied up in further edits.

Michaud set out to make a film that would not be granted any certificate, a film that no studio could ever afford to produce because it would never be able to make it to the big screen. However the wonders of the Internet enable us all to appreciate this thing once and for all. There are still a few copies left for purchasing at the low price of 12 bucks, but be warned some customs officials in some countries have black listed the film and have which has made it extremely hard to get.

http://lavender.fortunecity.com/halloween/829/urbanflesh.htm

Above is the official site for Urban Flesh and I suggest you chec it out for more shot

The cast attacks the film with a morbid hunger that will make it stick in my mind for a long time. Urban Flesh will become that film that, that guy tells you about at lunch time at high school, while you sit back in awe with your mouth wide open imagining the vivid description the guy gives you. It stimulates your sense to talk about this film with another person in existence, imagine seeing it. I'm glad I get to be the guy passing on the wicked information. URBAN FLESH is the goriest film I have seen in a long time, and I'm sure Lucio Fulci would be glad to have it dedicated to him.  

HFA MAIN PAGE|POST YOUR OWN HORROR REVIEW|MAIN REVIEW|

Copyright , 1998-2000.
Click Here!