Music from the Motion Picture Titanic

TITANIC is first and above all a love story. The passion, the intimacy and the heartbreak one feels in watching a love story on film are created largely by the actors, but we help out where we can with cinematography, set design, and the other crafts. Of course music is the most important addition to the actors' work for increasing the emotional impact of the film.

James Horner's score for TITANIC is all I had hoped and prayed it would be and much more. It deftly leaps from intimacy to grandeur, from joy to heart-wrenching sadness and across the full emotional sprectrum of the film while maintaining a stylistic and thematic unity. The music spans time, making immediate the actions and feelings of people 85 years ago with full emotional resonance without falling into either the two dreaded traps: the sweeping conventional period epic score, or the inappropriately modern and anachronistic "counter program" score.

James has walked the tightrope by using synthesizer, vocals and full orchestra to create a timeless sound which tells us that these people were not so very different from us. Their hopes, their fears, their passions are like ours. In the film I have tried to accentuate the universalities of human behavior, rather than focus on the quaint differences between this other time and our own. James has done the same thing, bridging the gap of time and making these people seem so alive, so vibrant, so real that the dreaded event, when it finally comes, is terryfying in its authenticity.

And most importantly, he has made us one with Jack and Rose, feeling the beat of their hearts as they experience the kind of love we all dream about, but seldom find.

-James Cameron on James Horner's Score for TITANIC

My Heart Will Go On

(Love Theme From "Titanic")

Music by James Horner
Lyrics by Will Jennings
Performed by Celine Dion
Click on the lyrics to hear the Real Audio song!
myheart lyrics
This page requires . I suggest you get it if you want some cool streaming versions of "My Heart Will Go On."
Click on the lyrics to hear the original version!

My Heart Will Go On (Jack and Rose Version)

Southampton (Jack and Rose Version)

South Park Hampton

Hymn to the Sea

Come Josephine In My Flying Machine

Are you ready to go back to Titanic? (26K) | Titanic was called the ship of dreams...(240K)You have a gift Jack... (56K)Goodbye! I'll miss you (68K)Ah forget it boy....(75K)In an hour or so...(95K)You're being very rude....(62K)Jack this is where we first met! (82K) |  Take her to sea Mr. Murdoch...(91K) |   What's happening Jack? (70K) |   I'm the king of the world!!! (58K) |   Pardon me! (50K) |   Tell us of the accommodations in steerage Mr. Dawson...(107K) |   Good gracious (39K) |  Don't you understand. The water's freezing and there aren't enough boats...(107K) |   Iceberg right ahead! (36K) | Jack, I want you to draw my like one of your french girls... | Just give me your hand... | Where to miss?... | Put your hands on me Jack | You jump I jump right? | Jack, this is where we first met! | I'll never let go Jack... |

Titanic Piano Score (played while Jack sketches Rose)

Piano with Accompaniment (4.60MB Zipped MP3)
Piano without Accompaniment (1.42MB Zipped MP3)
Live Piano without Accompaniment (1.52MB Zipped MP3)

1.Never An Absolution(Real Audio)
2.Distant Memories(Real Audio)
3.Southampton(Real Audio)
4.Rose(Real Audio)
5.Leaving Port(Real Audio)
6. Take Her to Sea Mr. Murdoch
7.Hard to Starboard(Real Audio)
8.Unable to Stay, Unwilling to Leave(Real Audio)
9.The Sinking(Real Audio)
10. Death of Titanic
11. A Promise Kept
12.A Life So Changed
13. An Ocean of Memories
14.My Heart Will Go On(Real Audio)Midi
15.Hymn to the Sea(Real Audio)

Real Audio courtesy of Sony Music
"My Heart Will Go On," "Southampton" [Jack and Rose Version], and "South Park Hampton" courtesy of San Diego's Star 100.7 FM

"Come Josephine In My Flying Machine" Lyrics
"Nearer My God, To Thee"Lyrics and Song (midi)--the last song that the band played in the film before the Titanic sank. (This is the part of the movie where everyone starts to cry)
"Eternal Father, Strong To Save"Lyrics and Song (midi)--the hymn sung in the church scene.
"Song D'Automme"Wav--some passengers heard this as the last song being played instead of "Nearer."

Main necklace.jpg Menu

emailme.gif

LE FastCounter