The Battle With Misty

Mush eased at the Pokemon Gym, which was meant to be the Cerulean City gym. Was she ready to battle the Water-Princess??

"So, Squirtle, do you think I'm really ready for this battle?" Mush asked her Squirtle. And if you did not know, Mush has recently caught a Bellsprout.

Squirtle just shrugged.

Mush sighed and headed toward the gym, and opened the gate doors. What she saw was a beautiful place. It was like a dock surrounded by shimmering water.

"Who comes to battle me?" a high pitched voice called out, which was a very pretty girl with red hair, which was.. MISTY the Cerulean City Gym trainer!

"Um.. I, Mush, from the town of Pallet, has come to ask to battle with you!" Mush replied sternly, kind of nervous.

"Well, then, that seems okay with me. Come up here please, the rules are 4 Pokemon each, and the win may prove you a Cascade Badge." Misty explained.

Mush got up on the left side of the dock.

"I send you, GOLDEEN!" Misty ordered, as she sent out her Pokemon.

"Hum, a Goldeen, hey?" Mush called, as she sent out her Ratatta. "Come on Ratatta, try your best!"

"Goldeen, use your peck attack!" Misty demanded, as Goldeen dove for Ratatta.

"Watch out Ratatta!" Mush cried. "Dodge that attack, then use your quick attack!"

Her Ratatta did as it was told, then attacked the Goldeen, and sent it flying! Mush has won her battle against Goldeen.

"Goldeen, return, go Staryu!" Misty called out.

"Ratatta, good job, return! I choose you, Zubat!" Mush replied.

"Staryu, use your swift attack!" Misty demanded, as Staryu launched its attack on Zubat.

Luckily, Zubat was quick on agility, and dodged the attack, then used its BITE attack on its own.

"Oh well, I guess Zubat is really independent, and does attacks on its own!" Misty called out.

Was that a good thing or a bad thing? Mush did not know.

Staryu flinched, and collapsed into the water. Misty hulled her Pokemon back.

"Now you had time to play, but now let's see how you're with my Starmie!" Misty snapped.

"Starmie, the ultimate swimmer and water Pokemon. Watch out for some of its powerful attacks." Dexter warned.

"Zubat, remember, concentrate!" Mush told her Zubat.

"Starmie, use your bubble beam attack!"

The attack was so strong, it sent Zubat sailing into the wall, and it wept.

"Oh no! Zubat, return!" Mush stuttered, as she hulled back her Zubat. "Go Beedrill!"

"Starmie, use your hydro pump!"

Sooner or later, Beedrill fainted as well.

"Ahhh!! Nooo!" Mush screamed. "Beedrill, return, Squirtle!"

Mush sent out her Squirtle, as it got beaten quite badly as well.

"I mean, I can't send out Bellsprout, I just captured it a couple of seconds ago! But it's my only Pokemon left! I need to get that Cascade badge!" Mush thought to herself.

"Go Bellsprout! Use your Vine Whip!"

Bellsprout attacked Starmie, and as the advantage of grass Pokemon over water Pokemon, the Starmie got seriously hurt.

"Bellsprout, finish it off with your razor leaf!" Mush demanded, as Bellsprout did as it was told.

Starmie fainted.

Mush jumped up and started screaming. "I WON! I WON!" (Real Pokemon trainers, always show your respect and don't start jumping around like you own the world)

"Congratulations, Mush. "Misty sighed. "I owe you the Cascade Badge."

Mush took the badge from her.

"Thank you, Misty. Wow.. I don't know what to say!" Mush cried.

And as luck came, a strange light came from Bellsprout. What was going on? The answer was Bellsprout was evolving!

"Oh my gosh! And I just captured this Bellsprout!" Mush gasped, as her Pokemon evolved into a gorgeous Weepinbell.

"So, it must have gotten quite some experience from battling my Level 36 Starmie! I guess you have to have smart Pokemon more than strong Pokemon too." Misty explained. "Oh yeah, and you can have my favorite TM too, which is bubble beam!"

Mush beamed with delight. She got a badge AND a TM! What luck!

So, fellow Pokemaniacs, here Mush has battled Misty and earned herself a new badge. I guess you can say she is a couple of more steps into being able to go in the Pokemon League. Read on to find out!

Go back Go home Go to next fanfic