MP Pictures Page 9

This picture of me, kindly provided by MP Mike Russo, shows me making a fashion statement with the lovely wool shirt and pants provided by the Army. Good fashion taste dictated that this outfit should be worn only between Labor Day and Memorial Day.

This picture, also provided by Mike Russo, shows an unidentified SP4 in the background, with the Christmas tree, and another unidentified person (obviously a non-com as one can tell from his command position. This picture was taken in one of the upstairs offices of the PMO. I have since received information indicating that one of the gentlemen appears to be MP Bob Parker. I assume that means the gentleman in the rear of the picture but I don't know that as a fact.

Here's a third picture provided courtesy of the famous Mike Russo. If anyone cares to provide identifications, please feel free to do so. As stated before, the time frame had to have been between Sept 1967 and May 1969. I have since received info that the MP on the left is MP John Jerkovitch. He was an officer with LAPD prior to being drafted and always carried his LAPD baton instead of the MP hickory baton. The informant also pointed out the sewing machine and stated that John made a fortune with it by sewing on stripes, tailoring fatigues, etc. The informant bought it from John for $30.00 when John was a shorttimer. John taught him how to use it and the informant made enough money from it to pay for his wife's engagement ring. When the informant was short he sold it to a rookie for the same $30.00 and thus recouped his investment. Smart business dealing! But, of course, he was an MP so one expects intelligence!!

Next 3 Pictures

Return to Picture Index