No Doubt about it: Gwen Stefani is more than "just a girl"-- she and her band have a sound and style that totally rock.

Girls rule: "It makes me feel great when the guys in the mosh pit tell me I rock." ~Gwen

Going Platinum: "I've dyed my hair pink, yellow and every other color in the world, so I finally had to try blond. It takes a lot of work, but I dig it." ~Gwen

Why the Devil 'Do? "Because I'm wicked when I play the drums." ~Adrian

The ex files: "It's important that Gwen and I maintain our friendship because we've worked so hard [for nine years], and now everything is happening for us." ~Tony

Just a friend: "It's totally difficult 'cause I still love him and just, like, want to kiss him sometimes." ~Gwen

Rockin' bod: "I kep in shape on tour by rollerblading around arenas and jumping off speakers on stage." ~Gwen

Buzz bin: The rumor is that when No Doubt toured with Bush last spring, Gwen and Gavin became an item. (Jelous or what?)

Fancy Pants: "I like to look special on stage, so my friend and I design my clothes. We even stud my bras with rhinestones." ~Gwen

Wrist watch: One of Gwen's silver bangles says No and the other says Doubt. (Pssst: Adrian had the band's name tattooed way high up on his upper--and we mean upper--thigh).

Lord of the fleas: "We [the guys] have shopped in flea markets and vintage stores around Southern California since the seventh grade. We don;t really like new clothes." ~Tom

Word of wisdom: "'High postin'' is our favorite expression. It's synonymous with living large and working it. We're high postin' right now." ~Tom

July 1996 seventeen

back