The Zodiac Messages

line

THE GREATER WORLD CHRISTIAN SPIRITUALIST CHURCH

line

THE ZODIAC MESSAGES

Life after the earth life is affected by being in a body of flesh in this world. Christ gives the purest universal teaching for the soul to be more spiritual when in Spirit: to love and give to others.

"SPIRITUAL HISTORY"

An address by the celestial messenger 'Zodiac' (the unnamed scribe of the Bible and a teacher in the Temple of Jerusalem at the time of Christ), through the mediumship of Miss Winifred Moyes in the earlier part of the twentieth century.

1. "FATHER and Mother God, we ask Thee in Thy great Love to lead Thy children out of the twilight into the light - the light of understanding, the happiness and the joy which comes from following Thy will - from keeping to the straight, hard road, from giving up self and all it represents, and laying their lives in Thy Hands, certain and sure that what is is best.

2. "Father, there are so many things which seem to escape the physical consciousness; there are so many avenues of thought which lead not into the Light which shines from Thee, but rather into the half-light which indeed obstructs that free view of the Divine purpose which Thou hast ordained shall be their own. Yet tonight once more, relying on Thy Love, we know we shall pass out of this twilight into joy and peace and security.

3. "Then, O Father, we pray for all who are gathered together at this moment to praise Thy Name; to listen to the words of those who seek to show others how to find Thee - how to make their own the consciousness of Thy unfailing Love and care. Bless each one and minister unto their needs; comfort the heart-broken, strengthen the weary, and grant that those who teach Thy Word may indeed reveal something of the precious Truth which has been entrusted to them.

4. "And, O Christ, we ask Thee in faith to bind together those many forms of worship - all those who are seeking to hold on to Truth. Grant that the divisions, that the differences of opinion may be laid aside, and that all Thy children, as children of the Father, may be knit together in love and understanding.

5. "Thanking Thee for all Thy good gifts, we ask tonight that the power may be given; and that we may do our little part in the unfoldment of the Truth, and Thy mighty Love. Amen.

6. "MY children, tonight, as always, we have much to talk over and I want you - again as always - to do your part, to send out into this little room thoughts of love - yes! and of true desire that you may be used by the Father in making -the conditions perfect in every sense there could be.

7. "You know, dear children, that every day brings its tasks, and every day seems to bring its burden too; but there are some who forget this simple fact: that because of the work and the burden, so every day brings the protecting care of the Father.

8. "You see, dear children, that in taking one side only you have got a story which is incomplete. There are many who on rising in the morning feel a shrinking - yes, it is akin to pain itself - a shrinking from what lies in front during the hours which are associated with work. Nay, dear children, I am speaking not of those who turn instinctively from labour; I am speaking of the vast majority, for, sad to say, the vast majority are engaged on those tasks which, as they think, are the least congenial to them. But doesn't this fact explain itself? Cannot you see beneath the surface? Is it not possible to grasp that there must be something of God which lies hidden under the ugly aspect which is presented to you?

9. "Oh! my children, though I have tried to teach you much yet still you have much to learn - not as you think of the unpleasant side of physical life but, thank God, of the beauty, of the brightness, of the steady now of the Spirit-life which ever daily is growing stronger, more dominant until, in a little time to come, it will entirely overrule that which still remains allied to the world and to physical things.

10. "My children, these few words in commencement are entirely of sympathy and not of censure. It is impossible to go out into the streets of any large city and not be appalled by the sadness, by the disappointments which earthly life seem to hold for all; and the chill comes. Yes, perhaps over one's own condition, but still more so does the chill come on looking at what represents greyness, hopelessness and that deep despair - despair over tomorrow and all the tomorrows to come.

11. "I wish, dear children, that it were possible to take from your eyes the physical bandage and to allow you to see with that sight which is God's free gift to all, which would have been in the possession of humanity long since had not the children of the earth turned from the things of God and all they represent. Yes, dear children, the eyes of the Spirit see far indeed, and what to you represents sadness, literally is worked out in definite form as beauty - and believe me I do not use language which is figurative merely when I tell you that that beauty lies all around the sufferers in concrete, tangible form.

12. "A little while the earthly experience goes on. To those so bound by 'time' it seems long indeed; yet one day, thank God! you will see with me and you will realise with amazement how little was asked and how much was given in return.

13. "And now, dear children, I want to speak to you about a very large and important subject. I use the word 'important' in its spiritual sense, because what I am about to say is of first importance in regard to the progress of the soul - to the getting free from those things which are as chains, fettering and torturing while they are borne.

14. "Children, I have told you before or I have indicated it in outline, that the spiritual history of your little world has been divided - I use the word in the earth sense - has been divided into three periods or eras. I have given you to understand that in the first God was represented as a mighty King, full of power; one who gave many injunctions and who expected to be obeyed. Then, dear children, as the mind of man grew a little more tutored - a little more prepared for a further expansion of the Truth, God came as Christ, and as 'Christ' the whole aspect of the Fatherhood of God was changed for evermore.

15. "Children, there are few, in reading the old Records, who do not at once see that although God was regarded as King and Ruler, yet again and again His Love and care was shown towards His children, in spite of many failings, many treacheries, much forgetfulness of the past and the protection vouchsafed to them.

16. "I put that in because I want to underline tonight what I told you before: that Christ as Christ - tender, understanding, everything that represents Perfect Love - that Christ and God the Ruler were the same.

17. "And then, dear children, I want to speak to you a little about the third era, about this time of revelation, this period which already we have entered upon, when the Spirit - that which some of you designate as the 'Holy Ghost' - is being, and will be demonstrated again and again on earth amongst those children who are wishful to find the Light.

18. "Children, as I speak thus, it seems to me that perhaps in spite of my warning words I have, as it were, separated one period from the other; but, as you must know, each and all form one perfect whole, and when Christ came God the Father, or the Ruler, was not lost but was shown by example as representing Love Itself. So, dear children, I would remind you that the power of the Holy Spirit has been in operation right from the beginning of time, right from the beginning of creation. Through the ages here and there, sometimes in noticeable numbers, there have been those who have allied themselves to God, and these have manifested and demonstrated that the power of the Holy Spirit was the gift of all, and not reserved for any portion of the history of mankind; that it was there, waiting to be taken up when there were those who were willing to accept the responsibility.

19. "Children, I want you to go back on your sacred Records again and again. I want you to re-read some of those older portions of the Scriptures because therein is prophecy, there - involved in strange language it is true - but there is the Truth preserved and handed down from generation to generation, notwithstanding the fact that that same Truth has suffered from the conceptions, or the misconceptions, of those who were the custodians of the Holy Word. God said that in the days to come He would make a new covenant; that His words should be written on the hearts and minds of those who loved Him, and there should be none who would teach the other but all would get the Truth direct from Him.

20. "Now, dear children, I have put the statement in somewhat different words from those which were used, but the meaning is perfectly clear to all who read with a wish to understand. And here I must ask you to try and allow yourselves a little more latitude in regard to quotations from those Records which were prepared by man in the days of long ago. Some of my children are really distressed when I, or those who speak to you in this way, swerve a hair's breadth from what you call the 'correct text'. Well, dear children, as I think you will understand, that attitude is entirely physical and associated only with the limitations of the physical mind. In reading the Holy Word get down to the meaning; once that meaning is enshrined in your heart and mind then you are at liberty to clothe it in any language you think most adequate to express that which God wishes to teach.

21. "Now, dear children, when Christ came that new covenant was given; and I want you in thinking over this to try and remember the gigantic change which came over religious thought. Slowly, it is true, but even as a mighty ocean covering that which was dry and barren land, so the teachings of Christ, so the interpretation of the Truth imparted by those who followed, swept over engulfing all.

22. "And then, dear children, I remind you of those who were closest to the Master during His earthly life. The majority, as you know full well, were as little children in regard to spiritual things; and yet, so marvellously, so astoundingly to all who listened, the power came which enabled them to speak without preparation - to speak the Truth which God had implanted in their hearts and minds.

23. "You see, dear children, to what I am trying to lead you. Over and over again there have been those who love God who have been able to use this same gift, who have been able to demonstrate in a definite form that He had written the Truth on their hearts and minds. The prophecy has been fulfilled in a way impossible to exaggerate; yet there is one terrific obstacle to be overcome - the obstacle of the physical mind, which by reason of its very limitations relies upon itself alone. You see, dear children, that although it may seem to you rather a cruel fact that the physical mind, itself so limited, should be punished by its limitations, yet does it not show you that God, being God, has provided something which is greater and stronger and better?...(interrupted by faintness of medium).

24. "In regard to those trained by The Master, you will remember with what faith they followed the instruction given and how each time they waited - as God promised in the days of old - for His Word to be written on their heart and mind before speaking His Truth.

25. "Then we come to the phrase: 'They shall not teach each other.' Children, it is hardly necessary for me to point out that for a long time to come man will not be sufficiently in touch with his God to be able to get the Word direct. And so I bring you round - after taking a very circuitous course - to those who are the missioners of God, whatever their particular creed, however they represent their Master - to all those who have God in their heart - and tonight I wish to say to them just a word which will be interpreted, I hope, as understanding a little of the disappointments and discouragements connected with a life devoted to the spiritual education of others...(unable to proceed owing to faintness of medium).

26. "My children, I am going to close this evening and I ask you if you will meet together tomorrow night so that we may continue. There are conditions tonight against which it is hard to work; and although I seem to leave you with sadness, yet I would ask you to have faith in the thought that we shall meet together again in happiness, and that all will be as God intends.

27. "Rest in peace and commend yourselves to the great Father Heart, who understands all things and how it is that sometimes it is difficult to disentangle yourselves from the physical when it is a little troublesome. Just leave everything definitely and personally in the Hands of the Father, not forgetting what has been, but saying to yourselves, in faith and trust, that God will provide.

28. "We are indeed bound together by such close ties that when the body is laid aside it will be found by all that, in reality, the physical was powerless to come in between.

29. "Oh! I thank God ever and ever for my little children; I thank God that He has permitted me to guard and guide and care for them! And here and now I say to you all that my love for you and your love for me, by God's grace, passes all expression in words, because through the long years we have worked and we have suffered together, and because where love is only perfect understanding has a place...Yes! I thank God for His over-seeing care; and in His Hands everything is safe, and all, all is well!...Goodnight! my children.

30. * * * * * * * * * * *

31. "MY children, I thank you all for obeying my request, and I thank you too for many thoughts of help, all of which have been used to their utmost; and these prayers shall be shown to you in the happy days to come as producing power of so great a character that indeed you will marvel at God's Love.

32. "Children, it seems to you somewhat strange that more help is not forthcoming when there are those among you who are willing to submit themselves to the guidance of the Spirit.

33. "Well, dear children, these thoughts arise merely because you are still bound by the physical aspect of things. Tonight I will tell you that had it not been for this work for God - which my child had taken on in the Spirit - had it not been that the severity of the experiences she has gone through were for work for God, then I tell you quite frankly it would have been impossible to keep the enemies of the physical at bay in the way we have done.

34. " - 'But' - you exclaim, - 'see how pressing they are!' - Yes, but again I repeat that had it not been for this work my child, and your child, would not be in the physical body at this stage.

35. "You see, dear children, how wonderful are God's laws? Some there are, swayed by the world and its conceptions, who have urged and entreated - nay, who have commanded that this precious communion should be abandoned because of the strain entailed on the one so used. Yes! they knew it not, but they were being used by those destroyers who have not allowed one avenue of attack to be overlooked.

36. "In this there is a lesson for all. Thousands who are working for God are also harassed by the enemies of the flesh, yet they work on - not in spite of these enemies but because the work they do comes under the heading of Service, and so in a gigantic way they are protected from that which would strike them to the earth itself.

37. "On all sides there is suffering yet again and again it is noticed that the weakest survive when the strong of body pass out. This is experienced in a way so revealing that I gladly bring it in this evening.

38. "You know dear children that among your own friends there are those who strive and strive, who again and again return to face the enemy and prevail in a way which cannot be rightly estimated until spiritual sight is your own. These, dear children, because of the strength of the Spirit within call to their side those who fight for them, those who are indeed of God, and these bring His protection with them.

39. "It was necessary to give this little explanation and now I pass on to the subject we were discussing last night.

40. "Children, in regard to the custodians of the Truth I have something to say and I hope those who read these records will try and realise that I am seeking to portray a little of the Father-Mind towards these who have voluntarily sought to represent Him during their daily life.

41. "You see, dear children, that in many cases - nay in all cases - the Spirit is far and away more ambitious, more spiritually ambitious than the most ambitious physical mind could be; and so right through the ages there have been those who, anyhow, have set out to do their Masters Will. Some, perhaps, have found that the enemy was too strong, that the world drew so close that it could not be fenced off as effectively as they hoped...Children, God understands all hearts, and as God judges not so I entreat those who will listen to judge not these themselves.

42. "And then, dear children, I turn your attention to all those earnest ones whom you have met and whom in many cases you have loved as well. These indeed represent the Truth not only to the best of their ability but in a way which has brought God's blessing upon them. To such as these I speak - and there are many in this room tonight. I speak also to those still bound by physical restrictions, still hampered a little by the body which - against their will perhaps - sometimes makes barriers between them and all they wish to be.

43. "When they come here all will be so clear and they will find that because the wish held good to be true to God, so indeed God has worked out that wish in fact, to remain for ever more.

44. "In regard to those who listen to them: well, dear children, teaching spiritual things is not an easy task. Unconsciously or consciously the physical mind has built up certain conceptions of the Truth, and if anyone seeks to interfere with or to broaden the boundaries of their thought, they are met at once with a veiled or definite hostility which so often does its destructive work. I mean, dear children, that the one who would teach, that the one who has vision of something of the magnitude of God's Love, that he is checked and he retreats back into his shell, keeping his gift to himself.

45. "Then, dear children, that other aspect has to be met and faced. Some there are who cannot portray either the story of Christ's life on earth, or the wonderful teaching He gave so simply, so beautifully for use in all ages, for all times. They have not the faculty; and there are countless numbers today who, because the shepherd is inarticulate, so they stray.

46. "Children, I am fully aware of the responsibility of this remark, yet even in your little experience you know that this is so; and tonight I must say that those who gather together to worship God, to hear His Word - that these have a right to expect that the interpretation of the Word should be given in a way which will reach their hearts and minds.

47. "Now, dear children, we have got to keep our balance of thought. Most of those whom you have loved so much have possessed that gift - the gift of portraying Christ, the gift of opening the door of revelation - perhaps in varying degrees, but believe me it is something when anyone has the perception and the strength to open that door, even if it be but an inch.

48. "Children, the gift of speech is a weapon - it is a tool which cannot be overestimated because of its influence on the minds and characters of others; and when you are free you will see that the foundation of that gift was solely and entirely the power of the Spirit.

49. "Now mark you, dear children, I am fully conscious that there are many who possess eloquence - who indeed are rich in expression, whose words throb with life and meaning - and some of these use it not for God's work. Yet remember 'service' has many branches and channels, and the one who uses his gift of speech towards the betterment of the world, towards the righting of a wrong, he indeed is using that gift as God intended. But those who desecrate the gift - ah! these are building up for themselves much sorrow and much suffering when they come here and see the purpose of the bestowal. They sought not to uplift but rather to drag down that which was truth and holiness and purity and faith.

50. "Yet, dear children, forget not my previous words - that all the various attributes and abilities of the mind are indeed but manifestations of the Holy Spirit, and as such should be treated as sacred indeed.

51. "I come back to the sheep who have a shepherd to guide them and yet that shepherd finds it almost impossible to put into words the way they should go. To those shepherds I speak with so much love and understanding, and I tell them that if they would put even half the reliance on the spiritual mind which they place so readily on the physical, indeed they would find that the Holy Spirit - the gift of language - could be used by them with the liberty of an unlimited Source.

52. "And then, dear children, I want to speak to you about those edifices which are held in such high estimation by all, not only you who love your churches but even by the spectator who has no personal interest in the Faith they represent.

53. "Well, dear children, I have something to say to you which perhaps will come as a surprise, and yet being your most loving teacher - not your schoolmaster, remember that - but being your most loving teacher I am anxious that you should get the spiritual view of as many things as is possible.

54. "There are in your little country buildings and ruins which in your eyes are regarded as sacred trusts; and while I can enter fully into your attitude towards that which stands for so much in religious life, yet, dear children, it is my duty to tell you that sometimes you err a little in regard to this.

55. "Yes! there are those, on passing through precincts which are hallowed by memories, who have felt that indeed they were on sacred ground - and so they were, but not for the reason that they think.

56. "Children, has it ever occurred to you to pause and think - when examining the old and lofty walls, when in mind measuring the girth of the great columns which support those roofs of workmanship both beautiful and rare - has it ever occurred to you to think of those who put the stones together? Yes! I know that he - or they - who designed that edifice which brings such joy to the senses, I know that he gets full measure of rightful recognition, but tonight I want you to think a little about the workers: about the humble workers who put it together with so much labour, so much weariness, so much heartbreak and despair. For, dear children, in the days when those magnificent edifices were built labour was not as it is today. In those times of long ago the life of a man who was a toiler was reckoned but lightly indeed. I do not speak without due consideration when I say that many of those buildings which you revere so much contain in the very stones themselves stories of hardship entirely beyond your imagination.

57. "So, dear children, you will see to what I am leading your thoughts. Those buildings are indeed hallowed by time, hallowed by the prayers which have risen from them, hallowed by the sacrifices, by the devotional thoughts, the aims and the aspirations of those who worshipped therein, but most of all - yes, most of all by the labour, by the suffering exacted from those humble, forgotten, unnoticed workers who indeed have enshrined, not their names but their lives in the stones which remain.

58. "Oh, dear children, try ever and ever again to get Christ's view of human life. I do not say turn from your admiration of that which is old and rare, but I ask you to give your attention to what is far older and far more precious than anything the material world can produce. Yes, on all sides you have examples: in the cradle where the baby lies, in the man, in the woman, in the child who plays so carelessly by the wayside - ah! these, dear children, are old and precious indeed. Physical standards have no place, but the spirit within each one has toiled and worked and suffered right down through the swelling waves of time, long, long before the oldest erection ever found a place.

59. "Keep your vision clear; but before you can have a clear vision there must be that readjustment of values so that you may understand how God regards things, so that you may understand the spiritual aspect of life - that which God has sought to reveal since creation began.

60. "You see, dear children, I am taking nothing away but I am turning your attention to what is infinitely greater in value, infinitely older in history, that which cannot pass away: the journey of the individual soul, the quest of the Spirit - that which is within you, which is within me, which is within the beggar in the gutter, that which is in the tiny babe who has experienced but one hour of physical life.

61. "My children, as we go on we have much to talk over together, and I am instructed by our Master to tell you tonight that in His sight the things of the earth are indeed as dust, which as time goes on, inevitably, must be blown away; and that His jewels - that which He holds most precious of all - are His children, and it is these which He watches ever and ever to guard and to protect.

62. "I think there are some of my children who will be able to take from these few words just the little hint I am anxious to convey. Yes, love the house of God but remember that your greater love belongs to humanity; that those who passed with you up the long aisles were infinitely greater in importance than the treasures which you admired so much. And because of this I led my children away from the big and the grand (Canterbury Cathedral) - I took them into the humble village church, and there from the lips of one who had simple faith they heard God's message direct. Cannot you see the beauty of simplicity more and more? There in the little church, free from all that adornment which forms an essential part of worship to some - there in his poverty of attire he showed the richness of his mind and the power of the Spirit at work.

63. "Children, search how you may you cannot find a grander or a greater subject than the Love the Father has for His little children, who understand Him not. Right from the heart he spoke, striving with might and main to get his message home; and there are those of you who can witness to the fact that the message went home in very truth.

64. "Yes! keep your vision clear, but remember that before this clear vision can be your own there must be a mighty readjustment of values, there must be that inner conception of things spiritual and things physical without which indeed Christ's view is veiled.

65. "Children, there is one other little point in connection with this. I want you to realise that the things of the world are so dependent upon man; I want you to see for yourselves that however ancient an erection may be that it is within the power of those who possess it to destroy it or to entirely alter its character.

66. "Yes! and in this there lies a lesson which shows you that the things of the earth are impermanent while the things of the Spirit remain for ever more. In your own brief experience you have seen what was once an old ruin restored; yet the word 'restored' is incorrect for many reasons, because that which is of the earth, which has crumbled away, is not brought together again but something which bears a resemblance to it is put in its place - nothing more.

67. "When you are building character, when you are training the thought of the young, you are indeed putting together something which can never pass away. 'Oh', but you say, 'people forget so soon!' Again you are thinking only with the physical mind, while I am speaking of the mind of the Spirit; and I say that not one thought planted in the mind of another, not one pure thought created shall ever pass away.

68. "In the hands of each one of you there lies a power greater than possessed by any Pharaoh in the days of old; in your hands lie also the capacity to leave your mark, not in the confines of the earth, but indeed in the Realms of the Spirit - to leave that which will be remembered long after this little earth has passed away.

69. "Little children, keep yourselves from idols, but read not into this anything but the Hand of protection. So easily the physical mind fastens on this and clings to that while all the time the real treasure - that which is of infinite value - is overlooked. God understands the human heart and mind; but the next stage, dear children, is this, and it is of so gigantic a character that I am evermore anxious to prepare you evening by evening as we meet together in this sweet way...God understands the human heart and mind and He waits - yes, with unending patience, He waits for His little children to understand a little more of what is in the Father Heart and Mind.

70. "Oh! keep this thought ever before you - that because you are His children you have a right to understand what is in the Mind of God. Then you will be able to do, dear children, what has never been excelled by anyone: you will be able to instinctively, whatever subject comes under your consideration - you will be able to see it in its spiritual sense, you will be able to see beneath the physical aspect the Mind of God at work.

71. "Yes! keep your vision clear...(words missed)...but remember that until your conception of values is brought into harmony with the Christ view then indeed you travel on a circle, returning to the point from which you started without having explored any of those beauties which lie above and beyond you, as well as around you everywhere in the physical world.

72. "My children, I am pleased with you all tonight, and tell my little secretary (Dorrie) that I counted her here as well.

73. "My child (Margaret), I want to say a word to you which will comfort and reassure you as to your part.

74. "The thought has come to you that you are not being used to supply the missing vitality in the one (medium) you love so well, and that thought I intend to answer once and for all time.

75. "God knows how to use His own, and again and again from you has been taken for her that which only you could give; and you have been told that when it is a question of service a hundred-fold is given in return. Thank God, dear child, that He can use you so easily and so effectively, thank God that you belong to Him in every sense there could be.

76. "And now I speak to my other child (Mrs. Moyes).

77. "Annie, sometimes it seems to you that your place is a little on the outside because neither the writing nor the speech is through you; but God looks at things in a way so entirely different from the physical. I put it thus because you argue within yourself that 'facts are facts.'

78. "Well, dear child, when you come here you will find that physical 'facts' are not facts at all; and that is a little point which I pass on to all my children hoping it will help them in their upward climb. You see, the only things which are real, which are permanent, which will remain are those connected with the Spirit - those which are engraved in the Spirit World itself. Fear not, and have courage over everything. Is it not feasible, Annie, to you that after so long a journey, after so many encounters the victory must be great indeed?

79. "And now, dear children, I leave you for a little while, but I do not intend to tax the strength of my child for too long a period tonight, and yet it is essential that those appointed to speak at this stage should not be held back.

80. "Ask God to help and strengthen you so that you may help and strengthen the one who is used..."

©GWCSA

line

GIFT

Instead of having to connect to the Internet to read the wonderfully revealing
Zodiac Messages on this site, it is possible to have them on your computer. A setup file installs the Messages in a folder of your choice, and can be given as a gift simply by clicking HERE. Then a message can be read at anytime giving immense inspiration, guidance, reassurance and spiritual renewal.

Other highly recommended reading...

“Life Beyond The Veil”
“Paul and Albert”
“Spiritual Realms”
“The Ministry of Angels”

line

Seek For:
In:   
Match: Any word All words Exact phrase
Sound-alike matching:

Within: 
Show:   results   summaries