The Zodiac Messages

line

THE GREATER WORLD CHRISTIAN SPIRITUALIST CHURCH

line

THE ZODIAC MESSAGES

Life after the earth life is affected by being in a body of flesh in this world. Christ gives the purest universal teaching for the soul to be more spiritual when in Spirit: to love and give to others.

AN EXTRACT FROM

"SUICIDE"

Taken from an address given by the celestial messenger 'Zodiac', (the unnamed scribe of the Bible and a teacher in the Temple of Jerusalem at the time of Christ), through the mediumship of Miss Winifred Moyes in 1924.

1. "…There are many divergent opinions as to the seriousness of an action of this kind. In thinking this over you must remember that it is against every instinct of physical life to wish to give it up. In the minds of some it is regarded as a crime; to others it appears as a catastrophe, in the sense that life should have proved too difficult.

2. "The only way in which I can explain to you the nature of so-called suicide is to tell you what happens when the spirit is so summarily released.

3. "I am not referring to those whose minds have been damaged either directly or indirectly by others or by circumstances. I am dealing with the lonely souls, those who have found the hill too steep, and I want you to understand that although at the time the mind may be unhinged by grief or by physical suffering, such as these cannot be classed among those you call insane.

4. "Acts of suicide are divided sharply into two categories. On the one hand, the idea will have long found a hold on the physical mind, and if it is not expelled, at last it gains such a powerful hold that other thoughts are com-pletely swamped by it. The second is in the nature rather of a sudden revolt or a feeling of dyna-mical despair when, for that moment, everything else has been stunned by the sense of struggling against over-whelming odds.

5. "You all know that certain experi-ences have a way of undermining not only the physical resources of the person concerned but still more so the central nervous system which controls that person's life. It is indeed a sad state for anyone to be in, and it is terribly sad for us to think that over the months and even years certain souls are allowed to struggle on often unaided by their companions upon earth.

6. "If you could look into the hearts and minds of countless thousands of your fellow men today, you would see that during certain periods of their lives they lived and had their being in a state of isolation.

7. "With regard to those who act on impulse, I think you will find that they are souls who, for the most part, have been unprepared for the discipline of life. You see, you require practice to suffer! It is a point that is constantly overlooked by psychologists and by your medical men today. In order to come through great physical suffering or mental strain successfully, you need practice.

8. "It is a dreadful thing to say, from the outside point of view, but not from the inner spiritual point of view! In the case of the impulsive the preparation for suffering was not there, not only from the spiritual aspect but even from the elementary physical aspect as well.

9. "Now to go one step further: When the spirit is so suddenly released you can understand that a great sense of shock is felt and the physical experi-ences undertaken are not interfered with, except to the extent that the protection of the body has been thrown aside.

10. "In many cases, those who have taken the law into their own hands in this way very soon come to their senses, as it were, and in spite of the adverse position into which they have forced themselves, they set to work anew and it should not be necessary for me to say that all the help that can be imagined is there at their disposal.

11. "But I want you to try to grasp if you can the terrible damage which such an act does to the struggling soul within.

12. "You must remember that no spirit enters on the physical stage without understanding fully all that it is going to mean, and yet when trouble comes and for a time the shadows block out the vision of God's protecting care, they throw aside their most valuable tool - the human body.

13. "The earth experiences are not dispensed with but they have to be worked out under conditions far more difficult still. There is no act that anyone can commit - short of taking the life of another - that can have so retarding an effect on the individual soul.

14. "Those who have sought to shut the door on physical life call forth the compassion of everyone; it is a double compassion: firstly because such as these heroically took upon themselves more than they found they were able to grapple with, and the greater com-passion because, by their act, they have hindered the progress which they had so deeply at heart when they entered into the body of flesh.

15. "Yet remember that an hour of despair, an hour of darkness from God does not change a man or woman's character, they are what they were before except for the one retrograde step. You cannot wipe out what has been; you cannot overlook the struggles and the victories, and the rising up after many failures. All this stands and so I would impress upon you that these, by reason of their knowledge of such anguish, can set to work almost at once to relieve the sorrows of others, and in so doing the strength which was missing in themselves can be made good.

16. "Pray for those who are physically alone and friendless, and then pray for those who, shut up in the isolation of their inability to communicate their feelings to others, are experiencing much which will not come your way during the earth stage.

17. "I want to leave in your minds two things of great importance. First, that the damage in regard to the progress of the spirit is of a very serious character when the physical body is thrown aside by the person to whom it belongs.

18. "And then, as a contrast to that, the wonderful hope in the thought that even so such are gathered close under the wings of Divine Love; and although they cannot escape the experiences from which they long to separate themselves, yet in carrying on the burden under slightly different condi-tions they can do God's work and be used by Him to help others.

19. "Side by side you get the mistake and the rectification of that mistake by the Father. I want you to think it over in quietness, to sift the different points which I have tried to bring out and, above all, to shoulder your responsibilities and promise yourselves - that greater, nobler self within - that by your prayers and your influence you will try to prevent others from making this great mistake…"

©GWCSA

line

GIFT

Instead of having to connect to the Internet to read the wonderfully revealing
Zodiac Messages on this site, it is possible to have them on your computer. A setup file installs the Messages in a folder of your choice, and can be given as a gift simply by clicking HERE. Then a message can be read at anytime giving immense inspiration, guidance, reassurance and spiritual renewal.

Other highly recommended reading...

“Life Beyond The Veil”
“Paul and Albert”
“Spiritual Realms”
“The Ministry of Angels”

line

Seek For:
In:   
Match: Any word All words Exact phrase
Sound-alike matching:

Within: 
Show:   results   summaries