Sony Cam

First you need to open the cam on the LCD screen side. Start by removing the battery. Then grab a small philips screwdriver and start with the top left screw that is behind The battery. This is the only screw being removed that is a different size than the rest. Remember it! Then the screw inbetween the exposure button and wheel. Next are the 4 screws on the bottom of the unit. Stay on the LCD screen side, you don't need to remove the other 2. Next is the top. In the black plastic area are 2 screws along the grey edge and one on the other side of the hot shoe. Remove the small plastic piece around the hot shoe it has tabs, so be gentile. Below it are 2 more black screws. Remove them, but not the brass one.

Now the shell is ready to come apart. Gently seperate it. Again be careful for the plastic tabs and don't pull it too far after, there are cables attached to it. This is what you should now see.

inside of cam image

The white plastic is the IR blocking filter cam and below it is the Micro Switch. Here is a close-up.

close up of micro switch

The red arow points to the switch it self.The switch is screwed to the body and is pulled away in this photo. I then took a Dremel tool and sanded the tit off of the switch. Use what you have around the house for tools to do this. I thought this would be easier than taking more of the cam appart to unplug it if it were a plug.
After sanding down the tit, verify that the cam won't engage it and reassemble the cam.
Another user of this trick just moved the switch out of the way without trimming it. The space is tight but it avoids perminant effects. Just be carefull reassembling the cam.
Now you can enjoy full exposure controle of the cam while in NS mode. The draw backs are no more IR light on the front of the cam and the Hot shoe activation of a bought IR light. I can live with this, you descide for your self. Also Don't let the wife see you dismantling the new $800 cam, she might just kill ya!.......MC_E

back

The DogPound

A great site with FAQ's, Photos and more.

The Infrared X-Ray Guide

Details,details and more details. Lots of info here.

Cheap long distance rates! Starting at 3.9¢ per minute.
Talk for less now!

follow me toll free service. A toll free number that you can move from phone to phone!
International locations too!