P R E S E N T S

THE SECRET OF ULTRA MAGNUS

Part 3

A Proposed Story for

THE TRANSFORMERS

By R. A. Stott

&

Barbara Doms

�1987 - 88 ARK NORTH - The Denivan//WBSI Inc.

MODIFICATION & UPDATE -
�1997 ARKNORTH/Denivan Media Services

Click picture to see character study of Overdrive
[Key]

(BM) Beast Mode
(CAS) Cassette Mode
(CM) Car Mode
(GCM) Gun/Cannon Mode
(JM) Jet Mode
(N) Nubian
(NGM) Nubian Gun Mode
(NRM) Nubian Robot Mode
(RM) Robot Mode
(SM) Shuttle Mode
(TAM) Tank Mode
(TM) Truck Mode

(-M)>(-M) Transform from > to

[SCENE: The planet Nebulos.]

[ACTION: Fight sequence from Part 2.)

KUP: (RM)

...about this taste question.... what's the matter with you, Hot Rod?

HOT ROD: (RM) (Pained)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

[ACTION: Hot Rod grabs his head. He starts to fazes slightly as he falls to his knees. He drops his gun.)

FIREBOLT: (NGM)

Kup! Help us! Help me! The gun is changing shape!

RECOIL: (NRM)

Kup! What's going on? What's happening to them?

By the moons of Alpha Centauri! He's turning into RODIMUS PRIME without having the matrix!

NARRATOR: (Voice over)

In our last episode, Hot Rod was regenerated once again into the mighty Rodimus Prime....

RODIMUS PRIME: (RM)

Something has happened on Cybertron! Something has induced my regeneration again! I thought I was through with all this leadership stuff for good!

Well, it just proves that if something happens to Optimus Prime, you'll become the Autobot leader again, son. Come on. We'll call Cybertron and see if Prime's all right.

Meanwhile, Ultra Magnus has had himself painted to look like Optimus Prime. With this disguise, he succeeds in fooling Galvatron into leaving Charr. But before Galvatron leaves the planet, he finds that Nightstick, the Nebulon partner to Cyclonus, has informed Lord Zadek of his plans....

[ACTION: Galvatron has Nightstick by the throat.)

GALVATRON: (RM) (Extremely miffed)

Before I screw that helmet of yours into your chest, Nightstick, you WILL tell me who you were talking to on Nebulos, and what about! NOW!!

NIGHTSTICK: (NRM)

All I did was to tell Lord Zadek of your good work! Now that the Autobots are without a leader, Lord Zadek is taking Scorponok to Earth. There, he will take Metroplex apart, and use the parts to make Scorponok even stronger! He will then head back to Nebulos, where he will take out Fortress Maximus!

GALVATRON: (RM)

Zadek and Scorponok are not seasoned fighters like Metroplex. There would be a good chance that they would lose to him, without help. Soundwave, have Thrust take Trypticon and join up with Scorponok. Together they may have a chance!

As Trypticon joins up with Scorponok, Rodimus Prime and Firebolt ride Perceptor's Space Warp shuttle back to Cybertron. Once there, Rodimus removes the matrix from Optimus Prime.

RODIMUS PRIME: (RM) (To Springer)

Keep an eye on that thing, but don't touch it. If you hold it for more than ten seconds, you'll wind up like Optimus here.

[ACTION: Optimus Prime starts to stir.)

RODIMUS PRIME: (RM) (Helping Optimus up)

Here you go, Optimus. Up you go.

OPTIMUS PRIME: (RM) (Woozy)

Thank you, Hot Rod... No, Rodimus!

We must find Ultra Magnus. He's in emergency transformation.

This day is getting weirder and weirder! Come on! I've got a shuttle waiting for us!

As they leave for Charr, Trypticon and Scorponok reach Metroplex. But with Superion's help, they take on the two Decepticon war machines.

Ultra Magnus arrives on Charr, but rather than finding his missing carrier section, finds a power source hidden in a building being protected by Decepticon cassettes Slugfest and Overkill....

[ACTION: Overkill stands up with both arms in the air. Below, his launchers drop a dozen or more baseball size objects that roll in front of Ramhorn and Steeljaw.)

RAMHORN: (BM)

What are these things?

[ACTION: Blaster yells from the doorway.)

BLASTER: (RM)

NO, RAMHORN! DON'T STEP ON THEM!!

[ACTION: Ramhorn already has stepped on them. They all detonate.)

{ROLL EPISODE TITLE CARD HERE}

[SCENE: The bunker on Charr.)

[ACTION: Ramhorn steps on one of the balls. It explodes, causing the rest to detonate. As the explosion expands, Steeljaw is seen jumping out of the way of the fireball. Overkill and Slugfest get flung back against the far wall. The room takes a beating, as consoles break away, work stations topple, and windows blow out. The shot moves outside as the Autobots duck out of the way. Blaster, who was at the doorway, lands on Goldbug.)

BLASTER: (RM) (Concerned)

Man, oh man! That was a blast! Steeljaw! Ramhorn! You okay in there?

[SHOT/ACTION: Blaster gets up and moves to the doorway. Shot moves inside. We see Blaster looking in from the doorway. The camera pulls back to show Ramhorn, who hasn't moved an inch. Steeljaw peers around the large round object at Ramhorn. The object shows no sign of damage, save a few pieces of building on top of it.)

RAMHORN: (BM)

I FEEL GREAT! How about you, Steeljaw?

STEELJAW: (BM) (Looking over at the 2 Decepticon cassette beasts)

Rrrowl! I feel better than they do!

[SHOT: MCU 2 shot of crumpled heaps of two Decepticon cassettes. Shot moves back to the Autobots.)

BLASTER: (RM) (Chastising Ramhorn)

One of these days, Ramhorn, you're going to find something that will put a dent in that hide of yours!

GOLDBUG: (RM)

Yea! It'll probably take out a whole planet in the process!

[ACTION: Goldbug sees the sphere. He moves over to examine it closer.)

Would you look at this thing! There's not a dent on it! What do you think, Perceptor?

PERCEPTOR: (RM) (Examining the sphere)

Well, the metal would explain why it's not hurt. It's duraluminum. We used to shield our memory cores with this.

[ACTION: Perceptor engages some scanning cups from his fingers.)

PERCEPTOR: (RM) (Surprised)

Hummm... Well! Ultra Magnus! Guess what we have here!

ULTRA MAGNUS: (RM)

I don't know, Perceptor. What is it?

PERCEPTOR: (RM)

This is the memory core to our old storage asteroid that you destroyed! It must have survived the explosion, only to be found by the Decepticons.

Any idea how long they've had this unit, and how much information they've received from it?

I would say that they only recently retrieved it. As for information from it, it is in lock down mode. I can only scan one and one quarter parts of "opened" files. That is, files that have been read, and are still readable.

Which ones?

Well, the quarter one is Optimus Prime's file. The full one is yours, Magnus. I've copied down the files in my memory storage, so that we may figure out just what is going on here.

[ACTION: Downshift enters the room in a hurry.)

DOWNSHIFT: (RM) (Pointing out the door)

Ultra Magnus, Decepticons approaching! 150 miles, and closing!

We can't let the Decepticons have this information! We'll have to destroy it.

PERCEPTOR: (RM) (Scolding Magnus)

WHAT!? Have you, along with your carrier, lost your mind? You can't destroy this, Magnus! The only way you could even try to destroy it would be to drop it into a star. And even then, it would probably survive long enough to be rescued! No, Magnus! Our best bet would be to take it to Sky Lynx. He can guard it while we look for your carrier! It is too valuable to just throw away! - AGAIN!!

ULTRA MAGNUS: (RM) (Backing off his last statement)

Okay! Okay! You've made your point! Outback, you and Goldbug get this to Sky Lynx. We'll cover for you!

OUTBACK: (RM)

R'ot! Come on, Goldie. Place the blinkin' ball on me back, an' we'll be back quicker th'n ye c'n say "Place another bolt on the bar'bie"!

[ACTION: Outback transforms (RM)>(CM). Goldbug pops off Outback's rooftop and places the sphere in his seats. Goldbug then slides the rooftop in behind the sphere. Finally, Goldbug transforms himself (RM)>(CM). They both tear off for Sky Lynx.)

ULTRA MAGNUS: (RM) (Pointing)

Right! Now, let's get out of here before the rest of the Decepticons get here. I feel the presence of the carrier section off in that direction!

[ACTION: They all leave the building, transform, and roll away.)

{SHIELD FLIP SEGWAY - AUTOBOT to DECEPTICON}

[SCENE: The planet Sigma Delta 2.)

[SHOT: High shot looking over the rather barren terrain of Sigma Delta 2. The camera starts to zoom in on Galvatron (RM) as he paces back and forth. Soundwave (RM) is probing the backup matrix. Pounce (RM) is using Astrotrain's scanners to look for incoming Autobots. Cyclonus (RM) is arguing with Nightstick (NRM). Frenzy (RM) and Wingspan (BM) are standing back watching all of this with a confused look on their faces.)

GALVATRON: (RM) (Impatiently)

Where are they?! What is keeping them?! Even with the slowest scow in the universe, they would have made it here by now! Pounce, report!

POUNCE: (RM)

There is still nothing on scan, Galvatron! The screen shows clear.

GALVATRON: (RM) (Angry)

RRRRRAAH!! Something is not right here!!

[ACTION: Soundwave suddenly acts like something has yanked him.)

SOUNDWAVE: (RM) (Being yanked)

YEOW! The matrix is moving! The MAIN matrix is moving!

POUNCE: (RM) (Confused)

There is still nothing on scan, Soundwave. Are you sure?

SOUNDWAVE: (RM)

The backup matrix has a much further range than any scanner.

Prime must be bringing the main matrix with him! Soundwave, didn't you tell me that you could track down Prime with that matrix?

It can track down the other matrix. Since it is no longer in Optimus Prime's body, I may be only tracking it.

GALVATRON: (RM) (Bothered)

That doesn't matter! Is it coming this way?

[ACTION: Soundwave holds the backup matrix up. He scans the sky with it.)

No.

GALVATRON, CYCLONUS and FRENZY:

NO!?

GALVATRON: (RM) (Furious)

Where is it going?! WHERE IS IT GOING?!

SOUNDWAVE: (RM) (Continuing to scan with the backup matrix)

Charr.

GALVATRON: (RM) (Pop)

WHAT?!!! I NEED TO BREAK SOMETHING!!!

FRENZY: (RM) (Scared)

Yo, don't look at me! Try that rock face over there!

[ACTION: While the other Decepticons rush to get aboard Astrotrain, Galvatron makes busy by busting the rocks pointed out by Frenzy. After which, HE takes off alone.)

CYCLONUS: (RM) (Surprised by Galvatron's action)

He took off without us!

POUNCE: (RM) (Pointing at monitor)

He sure did! Look on the scanner!

[ACTION: The scanner shows that high above them, Galvatron is transforming (RM)>(GCM).)

CYCLONUS: (RM) (Flat out fearful for his life)

ASTROTRAIN, TAKE OFF!!! NOW!!!

[ACTION: Astrotrain leaves the planet just as Galvatron makes dust of it. Galvatron then transforms, and flies off toward Charr. Astrotrain follows close behind.)

{SHIELD FLIP SEGWAY - DECEPTICON to DECEPTICON}

[SCENE: Battlefield between Metroplex, Superion, Scorponok and Trypticon.)

[ACTION: Metroplex is on one knee, with steam coming out of his shoulders. Trypticon has Superion pinned to the ground, but not enough to prevent him from fighting back a little. Scorponok is standing away from Metroplex, pointing his gun at him.)

SCORPONOK: (RM)

Now, Metroplex, you will be put to good use when I'm finished with you! Good-bye, Metroplex!

[ ACTION: Scorponok fires a shot into Metroplex's chest. He falls backward. As he hits the ground, his eyes go from red to blue. A voice is overheard as the blue starts blinking.)

TELETRAN II: (Voice over)

This is Teletran II! Metroplex master memory system shut down. Emergency override!! Standby for operational instructions!

[ACTION: Metroplex, though seemingly finished, gets up.)

SCORPONOK: (RM) (Surprised by Metroplex's movements)

That is impossible!

WIDELOAD: (RM)

All right! What now, Teletran II?

Run!!!

WIDELOAD: (RM) (Confused)

What?

[ACTION: Metroplex turns on his heels, and starts running away. The Throttlebots stand behind gaping at the running Metroplex.)

WIDELOAD: (RM)

Well, hopefully Teletran II has a plan! Throttlebots, transform and roll for it!

[ACTION: The Throttlebots transform (RM)>(T/CM), then follow Metroplex. Scorponok stands for a moment in disbelief, then begins to follow.)

You can't get away from me that easy, Metroplex! I'll get you yet!

Superion, disengage from Trypticon, and report to Metroplex!

[ACTION: Superion is still pinned by Trypticon.)

SILVERBOLT: (Voice over)

Aerialbots, separate!

[ACTION: The Aerialbots separate into their individual parts (in (AM)) and fly off toward Metroplex. Trypticon, in a fit of rage, follows.)

TRYPTICON: (BM)

COWARDS! WEAKLING AUTOBOTS! I GET YOU!

SILVERBOLT: (AM) (Voice over)

I'd look for a chip or two of brain in Trypticon, but I'm afraid that I may find it.

AIR RAID: (AM) (Voice over)

Yea! In the closet where the Decepticons left them! What do you think Teletran II has in mind with us, Silverbolt?

I don't know, Air Raid. We'll find out in a moment. Aerialbots, dive in and follow Metroplex!

[ACTION: They fly in behind the running Metroplex. Suddenly, Metroplex pulls up and stops. He turns and faces the oncoming Scorponok, who is still some distance from them.)

Aerialbots, standby for merge program!

Teletran II, confirm that last message. Did you say "merge program"?

Confirmed! Blowing kneecap covers!

[ACTION: Metroplex's kneecap covers blow off.)

You heard him, Aerialbots! We've never done this before, but you know the procedure. Air Raid and Skydive, you're on the knees. Slingshot and Fireflight, you're on the shoulders. I go on the inside and merge with his power system. Ready?

AERIALBOTS: (AM) (Voice over)

Ready!

Okay, Teletran II. Whenever you're ready for us!

[ACTION: Scorponok and Trypticon arrive.)

Now are you ready to give in, Metro... what is happening?

Aerialbots, merge with Metroplex to become AEROPLEX!!

[ACTION: The Aerialbots lock onto the outside ports of Metroplex. Metroplex's entire head area [from shoulder to shoulder] swings up. Silverbolt (AM) flies in, pulls straight up over the body of Metroplex, then drops tail first into the hole. Metroplex's head section then closes. With this, the four jets on the outside fire off their engines, and Aeroplex goes into the air.)

AEROPLEX: (RM)

What was this I heard about making me into parts for you, Scorponok? HA!

[ACTION: He moves over the two Decepticons.)

As Silverbolt, I can strip electrons from the air and discharge them! Let's see what I can do as Aeroplex!

[ACTION: In mid air he throws his shoulders back in what looks like taking a deep breath. Suddenly the air for miles around him erupt in lightning that enters him. He then throws his fists together, point them at the Decepticons, and fire an enormous bolt of energy. Trypticon gets flung to the ground. Inside, Thrust is avoiding bolts of energy that are blowing out panels all around him.)

THRUST: (RM)

Holy cow! Every circuit is fried! Manual override! Transforming into rolling battle station mode! We're out of here!

[ACTION: Trypticon transforms (BM)>(CITY), then rolls away smoking.)

Trypticon! Where are you going?! Come back here at once!

THRUST: (RM)

Hey, Trypticon might not have much of one, but he needs a full working brain system to fight! If you want to be made into crispy critters, fine! Have fun! Bye!

SCORPONOK: (RM) (Disgusted)

Very well! It will take more than a little lightning to stop me!

[ACTION: Scorponok takes off.)

SCORPONOK: (RM) (Smugly)

Take to the air, if you wish! Your lightning can't hurt me while I'm not grounded!

[ACTION: Parts of Aeroplex start moving about as Teletran II merges weaponry.)

Merging weapons... Metroplex's maser units... Six Gun's ion pulse
rifles... Slingshot's neutron rifle... ready!

Locked on target! FIRE PLASMA BOLT!

[ACTION: Out of Aeroplex's missile bay comes a bright light. A large ball of plasma energy shoots out. It hits Scorponok in the right shoulder, ripping it away.)

SCORPONOK: (RM) (Pained)

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

[ACTION: Scorponok crashes to the ground. Aeroplex lands in front of him.)

You said something about using me as parts for your little pile there? It looks like you have enough trouble with the parts you've got!

SCORPONOK: (RM) (Scrambling to pick up his scattered parts)

Don't worry, Aeroplex! Once I've put myself back together, I'll make sure that your components will be mine! I will return!

[ACTION: Scorponok picks up the wreckage of his arm, turns, and launches himself.)

Lots of luck trying, bug brain!

{SHIELD FLIP SEGWAY - AUTOBOT to AUTOBOT}

[SCENE: The planet Charr.)

[SHOT: High shot looking over Charr (lower right). The warp shuttle zips into view over the planet.)

RODIMUS PRIME: (RM) (Voice over)

We'll go in as quietly as possible. To do this, I'll drop off the shuttle's cargo section. We'll be a small blip on their scanners, rather than a big splotch!

OPTIMUS PRIME: (RM)

Good. Take us in.

[ACTION: The cargo section releases from the forward power section of the shuttle. The shuttle then curves away from it. In a final maneuver, the shuttle arcs in towards the planet. As the shuttle disappears from sight, the camera pans to the right. It stops with Charr in the left corner. A light appears over the horizon of Charr. The camera does a quick zoom in to show Galvatron (RM) approaching with Astrotrain (SM) further behind.)

[SCENE: Inside Astrotrain.)

[SHOT: Wide view of the interior of Astrotrain.)

CYCLONUS: (RM)

Astrotrain, is this the fastest you can go?

ASTROTRAIN: (Over speakers)

If you think I'm going to pass Galvatron, your memory banks have an alpha-numeric hyper glitch in them! We are going to sit right back here where we can see him!

CYCLONUS: (RM) (Sighing)

Very well. Soundwave, any other scans to report from the matrix?

SOUNDWAVE: (RM) (Fumbling with the backup matrix)

The matrix reports that the main matrix is now on Charr. Also, this matrix is getting more active the closer we get to the other one!

FRENZY: (RM) (Giving the throbbing matrix the cautious eye)

Will you be able to control that thing if we get close to the other one?

SOUNDWAVE: (RM) (Controlling the yanking matrix shell)

That has yet to be seen. I do not know.

We also don't know just what the reaction would be if the two were to meet.

CYCLONUS: (RM) (Looking at the ceiling)

Oh, what a day!

{SHIELD FLIP SEGWAY - DECEPTICON to AUTOBOT}

[SCENE: The planet Charr around the Carrier site.)

[SHOT/ACTION: Wide view of Magnus (TM) and company are rushing along. Way up front is Downshift (CM) doing a safety sweep. He comes to a halt. The rest follow suit further back.)

DOWNSHIFT: (Transforming (CM)>(RM))

Here it is, Magnus! Let me check it for booby-traps.

[SHOT/ACTION: The shot follows Downshift as he approaches Magnus' carrier section, which is still in robot mode.)

ULTRA MAGNUS: (Transforming (TM)>(RM))

They transformed it! Huh!

Did you ever put something of yours on, and felt that someone had worn it?

OVERDRIVE: (Transforming (CM)>(RM))

I bet it didn't fit!

DOWNSHIFT: (RM)

All clear! Try it on, Magnus. That is, if you can figure how to
transform it...

I should be able to merge with it in this mode, Downshift. Let's see...

[ACTION: Magnus opens a pair of doors on the back of the carrier. Placing his hands on the top of the structure, he lifts himself up, and puts his feet into the base of it. But something doesn't work, and his feet are sprung out of the chamber.)

CAMSHAFT: (Transforming (CM)>(RM))

Something wrong, Magnus?

I don't know, Camshaft. It feels like something is missing. Perceptor, run my file, then take a look in here and see if you find anything missing.

Right.

[ACTION: Perceptor transforms into microscope mode.)

PERCEPTOR: (SCOPE)

Running file... Hmmm... Something IS missing. Let me see what it was...

GREAT CYBERTRON! I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

[SHOTS/ACTION: The Autobots stand there looking at Perceptor and each other. Shot dissolves to a shot of Magnus moving his carrier (still in upright mode) back behind the remains of a building.)

ULTRA MAGNUS: (RM) (Pushing trailer)

So all this time I've been carrying a backup for the matrix of leadership.

And without it, you can not merge with your carrier.

DOWNSHIFT: (RM) (Swirling his finger at his head)

And, because we can assume that Galvatron is not stupid, just nuts, that he will be returning from Sigma Delta 2, after realizing that it was all a bluff in the first place!

CAMSHAFT: (RM)

And hopefully, he will bring this backup matrix with him!

He had better! The question is, where in this city will he return to? My guess is around here somewhere. I want you to all go out about one mile from this point. If you see him coming in, signal me here. Got it?

OMNIBOTS: (Together)

YES SIR!

Good! Go!

OVERDRIVE: (RM)

Right Omnis! WHO ARE WE?!

OMNIBOTS!

WHAT ARE WE?!

RADICAL STEEL ON WHEELS!

ONE!...

TWO!...

THREE!...

BREAK!!

[ACTION: The Omnibots clang fists together, transform (RM)>(CM), then burn rubber in three directions. Blaster and his cassettes watch all of this action.)

REWIND: (RM)

Humph! Impressive show of unity! Maybe WE should try that...

EJECT: (RM)

Sure! YOU try doing THAT with Steeljaw there! You'd have ta count your FINGERS each time you DID it!

STEELJAW: (BM) (Grinning)

Wan'na try?

BLASTER: (RM)

Com'on guys! Let's boogie!

[ACTION: Perceptor, Blaster and his cassettes all head off in different directions, leaving Magnus at the carrier site. Magnus pulls out his gun and checks it.)

{SHIELD FLIP SEGWAY - AUTOBOT to AUTOBOT}

[SCENE: The planet Charr - Across the city from the Carrier site.)

SPRINGER: (RM)

Optimus, Rodimus, the scanner show Astrotrain entering the atmosphere. And I think Galvatron is flying by himself ahead of him - I'm not sure. The scanner can't decipher him out very well.

Huh! I don't blame it. Who'd want to decipher Galvatron?

(Pointing at Springer) I want you to stay here and protect the matrix, Springer. If you need to move it, use the rock case we fashioned for it.

You can count on me, Rodimus. Good luck you three.

[SHOTS/ACTION: Rodimus, Optimus and Firebolt leave the shuttle. Shot cuts to outside, as the party heads down a street. The camera tilts up to show a star filled sky. One of the stars is moving, though. Shot cuts to Camshaft, who is training a high powered camera skyward. A view through the finder shows the words "AUTO SCAN" blinking at the bottom.)

One of these days, I've got to get a better telephoto lens... whoops!

[ACTION: The view suddenly whips around, then locks on to the form of Galvatron. "LOCKED" replaces "AUTO SCAN" at the bottom.)

Well, well! Have you changed! Yick!

Camshaft to Ultra Magnus. One large ugly Decepticon leader heading in your direction! Astrotrain is close behind him. I may not have seen this Galvatron before, but he looks pretty steamed!

ULTRA MAGNUS: (Over Com)

All right! Everyone get back here! On the double!

[SHOTS/ACTION: Camshaft gets up and leaves the shot. Shot cuts to Galvatron, who is about to land. He turns and points at Astrotrain behind him.)

As soon as we land, I want a scan report, Soundwave!

SOUNDWAVE: (RM) (On board Astrotrain)

I will try to comply, Galvatron!

[ACTION: Galvatron and Astrotrain land. As Astrotrain open his hatch, Soundwave appears holding the backup matrix up as a direction finder.)

The matrix is off in that direction... whaaaaaooo!

[SHOTS/ACTION: Soundwave is suddenly yanked by the backup matrix. The shot cuts back to the shuttle. The main matrix flies out of the rock case made for it, and clings to the wall of the shuttle like a picture.)

What in the world? Come down from there!

[SHOTS/ACTION: Springer puts on the rubber gloves and starts yanking at the matrix. Ten seconds later, he's knocked back off the matrix, stunned. Rubber gloves are not enough to protect from the matrix. He gets up rubbing his head. The shot returns to Soundwave.)

What's the matter with you? Report!

SOUNDWAVE: (RM) (Being yanked by the backup matrix)

The matrixes want to converge! I can't stop it! NEAAAA!

[ACTION: Both the backup matrix and Soundwave fly off in the direction of the shuttle.)

Follow him! Follow him!!

[SHOTS/ACTION: They all take off after Soundwave. The shot returns to Springer, who is assessing the situation.)

SPRINGER: (RM) (rubbing his chin)

Let's see... Ah! This should fix it!

[ACTION: Springer picks up the rock case. Using one of his chopper blades, he pries the matrix slightly away from the wall {counting to ten in the meantime}. He slips the case between it and the wall, removes his blade, then shuts the lid. Shutting the lid causes the matrix to stop clinging to the wall. Springer has to grab the case before it falls to the ground.)

Brother! This rock must be of fairly dense material to block THAT signal! I'd better move this thing!

[SHOTS/ACTION: Springer gets up, and moves out of shot with the matrix case. Shot cuts to Soundwave. The backup suddenly stops pulling him, and he drops to the ground. The shot returns to Springer. He takes the matrix case outside of the shuttle. There, he transforms into his helicopter mode, picks up the matrix case, and takes off.)

SPRINGER: (AM) (Over radio)

Springer to Sky Lynx! Springer to Sky Lynx! Come on, Sky Lynx, old buddy! I'm using our untraceable channel! You can talk to me!

SKY LYNX: (Over radio)

The question is, are you worth talking to? Go ahead, Springer! I hear you!

Where are you? I've got the matrix with me, and Decepticons who'd love to get it all around! I need a place to stash it!

SKY LYNX: (BM)

Stand by... I'll radio my position to you...

Wait a minute! YOU have the matrix? How did you get the matrix?

Rodimus Prime removed it from Optimus Prime! Now they're out here somewhere, trying to find Galvatron!

RODIMUS PRIME?! Oh, this is getting stranger by the moment! Do you realize that there are now TWO Optimus Primes out there looking for Galvatron?

SPRINGER: (AM) (Over radio - Heading for Sky Lynx)

Kind of makes you wish you were there, doesn't it? Coming in...
standby...

[SHOT/ACTION: Shot cuts to an MCU of Soundwave, who is examining the backup matrix. Galvatron lands nearby and points his blaster at Soundwave.)

GALVATRON: (RM) (Furious)

Explanation, Soundwave! Were you trying to steal that matrix, or was it pulling you as you say?

CYCLONUS: (RM) (Disgusted)

Put that away, Galvatron! Would he be standing there examining that thing if he were trying to steal it?

GALVATRON: (RM) (Irate)

HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME....

CYCLONUS: (RM) (EXTREMELY Irate - LOUDER than Galvatron)

I DARE, BECAUSE RIGHT NOW....

[ACTION: Galvatron throws a punch at Cyclonus, but Cyclonus surprises everyone {including Galvatron} by grabbing the fist, and forcing it down and out of the way.)

CYCLONUS: (RM) (Extremely disappointed in Galvatron)

...WE NEED TO THINK RATHER THAN USE BRUTE FORCE, OTHERWISE, THE AUTOBOTS WILL PREVAIL! NOW!!!!

[ACTION: Cyclonus' optics flash red. Galvatron, taken by surprise by Cyclonus' outburst, actually backs off, mouth agape. He stands to the rear and pouts. Cyclonus walks over to Soundwave, with the other Decepticons watching him, their mouths agape. Nightstick is keeping an eye on Galvatron.)

Now then, what happened, Soundwave?

A reaction caused by the close proximity of the main matrix caused this matrix to be pulled towards it. Since the signal has decreased, I presume that the main matrix has been shielded.

Where is the signal coming from?

I lost it when I landed. It is omni-directional and hard to triangulate. Suggest we continue in the direction we were heading in....

CYCLONUS: (RM) (Turning towards Galvatron)

Leader?

GALVATRON: (RM) (Miffed, but accepting)

Very well. On foot!

[ACTION: Cyclonus nods. They all start walking.)

FRENZY: (RM)

Hey, speaking of losing something, isn't this where we left Ultra Magnus' trailer?

WINGSPAN: (RM)

Hey, you're right! He must have retrieved it!

Nuts! I wanted to use it as a hutch!

It is of no use to him. Without this matrix unit in the carrier section, Ultra Magnus can not merge with it.

Which means he must still be around here somewhere! Search this area! He has to be incredibly vulnerable in the shape he's in! I'll stay here and look.

You heard him! Let's move!

[ACTION: The Decepticons take off, except Galvatron and Soundwave.)

Before you go, Soundwave, give me the matrix! We can't risk it being damaged in battle can we?

[ACTION: Soundwave looks at the backup matrix, then reluctantly hands it over to Galvatron. He then takes off.)

Now then... Let's see just where they are!

[ACTION: Galvatron raises the backup matrix to his targeting scope. The scope beeps a few times, then lock onto a signal.)

Ah! There it is!

MAGNUS/PRIME: (RM) (Using Optimus' voice - From behind Galvatron)

I'll take that, Galvatron.

PRIME! Where are you, Autobot?!

MAGNUS/PRIME: (RM)

Behind you, Galvatron! Where else?

[ACTION: Two hands come out of the shadows behind Galvatron. They grab his blaster and swing him around. He manages to hang onto the matrix as he is slammed into a wall. The blaster comes off his arm, though. Ultra Magnus comes out of the shadows, and flings the blaster away.)

It's over, Galvatron! Hand it over!

There's a phrase used on Earth, Prime! You should know it. It's FAT CHANCE!

[SHOTS/ACTION: Galvatron gets up and runs. He grabs his blaster and runs around the corner. The shot cuts to Cyclonus and the clones flying above. Pounce see something on the ground.)

Autobot below! It's not Ultra Magnus, though...

CYCLONUS: (RM) (Shocked at who he is seeing)

I see, Pounce. I see, but I shouldn't be seeing that!

WINGSPAN: (BM)

Who is that, Cyclonus?

That is Rodimus Prime! But that should not be! He no longer exists!

He looks solid enough for me! Is it a target or not?

Yes, yes! Attack at once!

[SHOTS/ACTION: Cyclonus and the clones peel off and dive. Shot cuts to Rodimus.)

RODIMUS PRIME: (TM) (Over radio)

Hang on, Firebolt! Here comes Cyclonus and company!

FIREBOLT: (N)

And myself without a exo-suit!

Hang on! I'm going to transform! Get ready to jump!

[ACTION: After the first strafe, Rodimus transforms (TM)>(RM). He then pulls out his gun, points it, pulls the trigger, and nothing happens.)

RODIMUS PRIME: (RM) (Looking at his gun)

Ah, for the love of a Hyperbolic Mega Chip! My gun won't fire! It must still be in Targetmaster mode!

FIREBOLT: (N) (Pointing at the gun)

Well don't expect me to lose weight just to fit in that thing!

Don't worry. I've got a backup system in my backup system. Prime Section open!

[ACTION: Rodimus' trailer section pops open. The missile system rises out of the bed and locks into position.)

(Whistles) It's a shame you don't have something like that as Hot Rod!

Come on. I could use your help in this thing!

You make it sound like you've never used this before!

I haven't!

FIREBOLT: (N) (Shocked)

WHAT?!

Well, when I had it before, I didn't get into situations that needed it! Here, you work the lower station. I'll work the top.

[ACTION: They climb aboard the defence deck. As they do, the Decepticons come around for another attack. The area gets strafed with laser shots. Rodimus covers Firebolt. As the Decepticons swing away to come in again, Rodimus stands up, and starts barking out orders.)

Right! Acquire targets!

Systems coming on-line... System shows three targets... Decepticons at Zero - Mark 3, 6 and 8!

Lock on targets!

Three Targets locked!

Load three!

Three? There are only two launch tubes!

My launchers can handle up to twelve launches at once! LOAD THREE!!

Three loading... three loaded!

[ACTION: The Decepticons strafe by. Firebolt notices how far off the mark they are.)

Mercy! What awful shots! Are you sure you wish to use missiles on these pitiful Decepticons?

RODIMUS PRIME: (RM) (Smirking at the remark)

FIRE!!

[ACTION: Three missiles fire off and take aim at their respective targets.)

ANTI-HEAT SEEKING MISSILE SCREENS ARE NOT WORKING! I CAN NOT SHAKE IT OFF!

THEY ARE OPTICALLY GUIDED, CYCLONUS! SMART MISSILES!

ONLY ONE THING TO DO! CROSS EACH OTHER'S PATHS AT ONE ONE THREE POINT TWO! GO!

[ACTION: The three Decepticons cross paths. The missiles crash into each other, sending a shock wave out that knocks the Decepticons out of the sky.)

CYCLONUS: (RM) (Woozy)

What happened? Where is Rodimus Prime?

WINGSPAN: (BM) (Slightly bent)

Ohhhh... It looks like he skipped town!

Good! I wouldn't want to go through that again!

NIGHTSTICK: (NRM) (Pushing Cyclonus off himself)

Get off me! Unlike you, I need to breathe!

[SHO T: Long shot of Rodimus Prime (TM) driving away.)

Rodimus Prime to Optimus. We just had a run in with Cyclonus and his merry machines! I think they know we're here!

[SHOT: MCU of Optimus Prime.)

Affirmative! Use caution... Galvatron!

[ACTION: Galvatron comes running around the corner. He stops dead in front of Optimus.)

GALVATRON: (RM) (Confused)

Prime! How did you get in front of me?!

OPTIMUS PRIME: (RM) (Seeing what's in Galvatron's hands)

The matrix! How did you get that?!

RODIMUS PRIME: (RM) (Over com)

He has the matrix? I'll be right there!

GALVATRON: (RM) (Freaked)

I've got to get out of here!

[ACTION: Galvatron turns on his heel and starts back the way he came.)

You can't run away from me, Galvatron!

GALVATRON: (RM) (Extremely jumpy)

This is impossible! Got to get away! NOOO!

[ACTION: Galvatron, in a panic, turns quickly. He runs down a alley to his right.)

[ACTION: Rodimus Prime (TM) pulls up in front of Galvatron and transforms.)

That's as far as you go, Galvatron!

GALVATRON: (RM) (Freaked out)

No! No! Impossible! You're not here anymore! That's it! You're a ghost! You're like Starscream! You're all like Starscream! You're all ghosts! You're all dead! NOOOOOOOO!!!

[ACTION: Galvatron takes off.)

FIREBOLT: (N) (Scratching his head)

Starscream?

I'll tell you later. Besides, the last time I looked, Starscream was very much alive! Whatever! Let's find Optimus Prime!

[ACTION: Rodimus and Firebolt continue back down the alley. There, they run into...)

Optimus!

ULTRA MAGNUS: (RM) (With his regular voice)

No, it's me kid, Ultra Magnus. WHOA! What happened to you?

Hey, today is full of surprises! How did he get a hold of the matrix?

That's not the matrix of leadership. That is a backup!

OPTIMUS PRIME: (RM) (Entering the alley behind Magnus)

The backup! Then he DID create one!

Oh, Prime! Sorry about the look alike appearance...

No need for the apology, Magnus. Actually, I'm flattered.

Thanks. Who do you mean, created one?

Alpha Trion! He told me soon after he gave me the matrix of leadership, that he would build a backup for it, and that he would place it into the body of an Autobot that he would build in the future!

Well, guess who he picked! Now, if I don't get it back, I won't be able to merge with my carrier section! Omnibots! Have you spotted Galvatron yet?

CAMSHAFT: (Over com)

Oh, yea! Heads up!

Heads up? What?... Yeow!

[ACTION: Magnus ducks as Galvatron flies in right over their heads. Overdrive (FCM) is in close pursuit.)

ULTRA MAGNUS: (RM) (Looking at the others)

Sorry about that! I had the Omnis keep an eye out for him when he ran down this alley!

[SHOT: MCU of Galvatron flying.)

GALVATRON: (RM) (Going quite mad)

TWO PRIMES! I SAW TWO PRIMES! That can't be!

OVERDRIVE: (FCM)

You've gone off the deep end, Galvatron! I see only one Optimus Prime down there! Give it up! Your memory deck has overheated!

I MAY HAVE LOST MY REASON, BUT I'LL NEVER SURRENDER TO THE LIKES OF YOU!!

[SHOTS/ACTION: Galvatron fires his arm blaster at Overdrive. Overdrive avoids the blasts. The shot cut to Camshaft (CM).)

CAMSHAFT: (CM) (Over radio)

Cover your optics, Overdrive!

[ACTION: Camshaft pops open his rear hatch. A missile system comes up. He fires off the missile. It zooms pass Galvatron's face and explodes above him in a flash.)

GALVATRON: (RM) (Blinded)

Ahh! I can't see!

OVERDRIVE: (Transforming (FCM)>(RM))

That's the idea, Megaclod!

GALVATRON: (RM) (Rubbing optics)

That's GALVATRON!

Hey, I'm new around here!

[ACTION: As Galvatron rubs his optics, Overdrive flies up and removes the backup matrix. He turns, and flies down toward Prime and company. Galvatron recovers from the flash missile.)

That's it! If the matrix is not to be mine, then it won't be yours either!!!

[SHOTS/ACTION: Galvatron transforms (RM)>(GCM) and points at Overdrive.

Shot cuts to Downshift (CM). He comes tearing up the road, drops his door wings, and launches himself off the top of a building. Pointing at Galvatron, he fires off his missiles. His momentum carries him over the down rushing Overdrive. As they pass, Downshift transforms (FCM)>(RM) and places his shields together to form a large shield.

Galvatron fires his cannon. Downshift's missiles hit him, sending him reeling into a ball of fire. Downshift deflects Galvatron's shot. He starts losing altitude, so he again transforms (RM)>(FCM) and glides back to the ground.

Overdrive, all ready on the ground, hands the matrix over to Prime.)

Here you go, Optimus! One backup matrix ready to reinstall the original matrix's strength!

PERCEPTOR: (RM) (Entering the shot with Blaster)

First, I think you had better reinstall it into Ultra Magnus' carrier!

ULTRA MAGNUS: (RM) (Faking chills)

Yea, it's cold without the carrier section! How do you stand it,
Optimus?

With lots of good intention!

That, and a cab heater!

[SCENE: Sky Lynx's landing site.)

[SHOT: Dissolves to a wide view of Sky Lynx. Ultra Magnus (TM), Optimus Prime (TM) and Rodimus Prime (TM) pull up. Magnus is carrying the Omnis (All (CM)). Optimus is carrying Perceptor (RM) and Blaster (RM). Rodimus has Firebolt in his cab.

The Omnis get off the carrier. Magnus detaches from the carrier, and both sections transform {Magnus is white again}. Everyone else transforms.)

Well, it's about time! Did you find the backup matrix?

[ACTION: Magnus reaches into his carrier and takes the backup matrix out.)

We sure did! Whoa!

[ACTION: The backup zips out of Magnus' hands and attaches itself to the side of the rock case that the main matrix is in that Springer is carrying.)

I think we had better let these two meet!

Right! Open the case, Springer.

[ACTION: Springer opens the case. Instantly, the two matrix's merge. They lift away from the case, and float in mid air for a few seconds. They start pulling apart, creating a beam between them like a rope around each. They get about ten feet apart, when they start to fly about the sky. They create a pattern across the sky. Soon the pattern takes the shape of the Autobot shield. Finally, they come back together, then break apart. The one floats down into the carrier section. The other lands between Rodimus and Optimus.)

Swell! This is a fine time for indecision! Who wants to be leader?

SPRINGER: (RM) (A bit shocked at what Rodimus just said)

I hope you're joking, Rodimus!

No, he is not. The matrix placed itself between us for a reason.

Because we both have carried it, it is offering itself to anyone who wishes to become the new leader of the Autobots.

This doesn't mean that one of us could not take it back, but only an opportunity for new direction. Does anyone wish to be a new bearer of the matrix?

Sky Lynx? If you were to take it, you would have a new robot
transformation.

Springer, you would have the power of a multibot, with the knowledge of the ages.

Goldbug, you could become a cunning and forceful leader with a new body much like Rodimus'.

What about Ultra Magnus?

He can not receive the leadership matrix, since he is the bearer of the backup matrix. I'm sorry.

That's okay. I wouldn't want it. Personally, I think Optimus should take the matrix back. Rodimus has his new Targetmaster mode as Hot Rod, and you never really liked being the matrix bearer. And as for the direction the Autobots are going in, I think we can stand continuing in the direction we are currently going in, don't you agree?

[ACTION: The rest agree. Optimus picks up the matrix.)

Well, I thank you all for that vote of confidence! I am sure that with all your help, I will continue to bear this matrix with pride. Pride in myself. Pride in all of you. Again, thank you.

[ACTION: Prime opens his chest doors and inserts the matrix. It engages, and Prime seems to grow just a little. Rodimus reverts into Hot Rod.)

OPTIMUS PRIME: (RM) (Stretching)

AHH! I must tell you, it feels better with a full matrix than it did with an empty one!

FIREBOLT: (N) (To Hot Rod)

And now that you are Hot Rod again, hand me my exo-suit! It's cold out here!

Speaking of cold, let me back into this thing!

[ACTION: Magnus again enters the back of his carrier section. This time, his feet lock into position. Fists come out of the wrist holes, and his small head retracts, and his normal head pops out.)

ULTRA MAGNUS: (RM) (Rubbing his 'belly')

Ah! So warm and cozy!

[ACTION: Everyone has a good laugh.)

Ah, fellows... not to be a spoilsport, but we are still on an enemy planet!

OUTBACK: (RM) (Quickly looking around himself)

Blinkin' platypuses! 'E's r'ot!

Autobots, transform and roll for your ships. We'll all meet on Cybertron!

FIREBOLT: (N) (Looking at Hot Rod nervously while putting on his suit)

Not that warp shuttle again!

[SHOTS/ACTION: All transform into their vehicle mode (Save Perceptor and Blaster), and drive off to the ships that they came on. The shot dissolves to an MCU of Cyclonus.)

CYCLONUS: (RM) (Searching for Galvatron)

He landed around here somewhere.

FRENZY: (RM) (Spotting something)

Over here, Cyclonus! I found his hand!

He's buried under all that rock! Quick! Pull him out!

[ACTION: Cyclonus starts pulling Galvatron out of the rubble.)

Come on you cowardly dogs! Help me!

[ACTION: Cyclonus looks back behind himself to see the other Decepticons running away.)

CYCLONUS: (RM) (Puzzled)

What the....

[ACTION: Cyclonus turns to see that the hand that he's holding is now attached to a standing Galvatron, who is leering over at him. His body is battered. His head is dented. His blaster is fine.)

GALVATRON: (RM) (Seething)

This was YOUR idea, wasn't it? YOU were the one who found that blasted memory core, didn't you?! YOU are the one who humiliated me in front of MY TROOPS!! YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE!!!!

CYCLONUS: (RM) (Resigned that this isn't his day)

Oh boy...........................................

[ACTION: Galvatron grabs Cyclonus by the throat. Galvatron then takes off with him by the throat.)

I AM GOING TO MAKE YOU SUFFER FOR THIS, CYCLONUS! I'M GOING TO HAVE FUN FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY!!!

oh, what a day!..................................

{ FADE TO BLACK }

{ ENDING CREDITS HERE }

o O o

BACK to Home Page

Galvatron's about to LIVE a headache!! ON to the NEXT STORY - MAGNA II

�1987, 88 ARK NORTH - The Denivan//WBSI Inc.
�1997, 98 ArkNorth - Denivan Media Service

Transformers, Autobots, Decepticons, and their names are �? of HASBRO, Inc. and TAKARA, Inc.

In Memoriam