Ronaldo
Name: Ronaldo
Nickname: "Ronaldinho"
Fullname: Ronaldo Luiz Nazario de Lima
Position: Striker
Birthdate: September 22 1976
Birthplace: Bento Ribeiro (RJ)
Club: Inter Milan (Italy)
Clubs played for: S�o Cristov�o,Cruzeiro, PSV (Holland), Barcelona (Spain), and Inter Milan (Italy)
Titles: World Cup (94),Copa America (1997) Confederations Cup (97) Vice-World Cup (94) and Copa America (99)
How Ronaldo plays:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Combines explosive pace with superb balance, a powerful physique and the coolest of finishes that has led to inevitable comparisons with Pele. World Player of Year in 1996 and 1997. Had previously cited biggest disappointment in career of success as failure to play in 1994 World Cup where he was member of Brazilian squad. Phenomenal goal-scoring record with Brazilian club Cruzeiro (58 goals in 60 matches) brought him to Europe. Equally sensational at PSV Eindhoven (30 in 33) and Barcelona (34 in 37) before much-publicised and drawn out transfer to Inter in summer of 1997. Scored 34 goals in 47 matches for Inter, guiding them to the UEFA Cup and second place in the Serie A behind Juventus. Suffered a mysterious fit only hours before Brazil's 1998 World Cup defeat to hosts France at the Stade de Paris. Was originally omitted from the starting line-up by then coach Mario Zagallo but was reinstated in place of Edmundo just before the match. However, he was clearly not himself as reigning champions Brazil were outclassed by France. Says Ronaldo: "I feel deeply about the World Cup final. I was and am still a football fan and know how Brazilians must have suffered, I know what it is like to lose a World Cup final. But the goal to be five-times World Champions did not happen. This was difficult for everyone. It was difficult for the Brazilian fans and fundamentally for me. I was desperate to play in this match. Because I did not want to let down my team-mates. Taking into account all the problems of the day I decided to fight on. I went to the stadium and put on the shirt. We did not play well and we lost. It was not our day." Slowly recovering from inflamed tendons in both knees which has limited his play and effectiveness for Inter this season. Ronaldo admits: "I was never frightened for my career, but it was the worst period of my whole life. One minute I felt better, and the next worse. From July onwards, I played with the brakes on. I sacrificed myself, I gritted my teeth and I tried to beat the pain I felt on the pitch. I managed it right through to the end against Real Madrid in Seville and again at San Siro towards the end against Manchester United. I know what I'm capable of doing. But with that much pain I felt I could only do half. I was perfectly well aware of the fact that I couldn't do what I usually did well -- playing at speed and scoring goals. This experience has taught me a lot. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, but it's been useful -- it's made me very thick-skinned. There's a proverb that says 'after the storm, comes the sunshine' and that's also true in football. After a negative season comes the one you didn't expect. Fortune gives you something back -- and where fortune is concerned, we are certainly in credit.
Ronaldinho
Name: Ronaldinho
Nickname: Ronaldinho Gaucho (Gaucho is a person from Porto Alegre, Brazil)
Fullname: Ronaldo de Assis Moreira
Birthdate: March 21 1980
Birthplace: Porto Alegre (RS)
Height: 1m 78
Weight: 70 kg
Club: Gr�mio (Brazil)
Clubs played for: Gr�mio (Brazil)
Titles for Brazil: South-American sub-17 (97), World Sub-17 (97), Copa Am�rica (99) e Vice-Confederations Cup(99)
How Ronaldinho plays: Quick, good shooter, passer, and good at heading. Won the Gold Ball in the 1999 Confederations cup.
Roni
Name: Roni
Fullname: ?
Birthdate: April 28 1977
Birthplace: ?
Club: Fluminense (Brazil)
Clubs: Fluminense (Brazil)
Titles for Brazil: Vice-Confederations Cup (99)
How Roni plays: Fast, good at dribbling, good shooter has scored one goal for Brazil.
Favorite Links

Back Home

This page has been visited times.