William Lapp

William with his son

I'll try to make this story as concise as possible.

My Son William Lapp died April 11 1998 at the age of forty years with Creutzfeldt Jakob Disease.

Our ordeal began in March of 1997, and for us, this date will go down in infamy. Margarita Lapp, Williams loving Mother, and I took our Son to UCLA Medical Center to obtain a quick and accurate diagnosis on William.

The family has been torn apart.

Before the problems with motor skills, memory loss and inability to talk, when William would go to bed and try to sleep, he would toss and turn, and rub his head with both hands. Even after he would go to sleep he would groan and moan. We, his parents, spent many sleepless nights, trying to comfort our Son.

There were no medications prescribed either before or after his diagnosis by his Doctors, that would completely stop this problem. One Doctor described his problem as being like his brain was rotting, somewhat like an old apple would.

My description of what was going on in his head, would be like the Abode of Devil's, when each time the flames would rise and fall, there would be painful body reactions.

I ask myself many times how could this happen to such a Loving Caring Christian. During his last few months on planet earth we had to hand feed him.

Then soon after hand feeding, he could no longer eat or drink, towards the last few days, he choked and couldn't breath, his weight went from 165lbs down to less than 100lbs. Such a sad sight.

Before William's disease he was a young healthy good looking man with dark eyes, and black wavy hair and above all a million dollar smile.

During his illness period, he was robbed of his motor skills, his memory and his ability to talk, and I ask GOD how he could have let this happen to my Son. William was a good Christian, and a loving husband and father. He loved his parents and his only brother very much.

May his soul rest in peace

Sincerely,

Capt.George Lapp Sr

Medical Symptoms:

Back to THE MANY FACES OF CJD

Back to William Lapp 1