WILLIAM LAPP

In Memory of our

LOVING SON, BROTHER, AND FATHER

William Lapp Silverthorn

George and William Lapp Silverthorn

O! Happy Day! So Long Ago!

O! HAPPY ANGEL,NOW WITH OUR FATHER!

April 11, 1998 my brother Bill left for the Heavenly Light, I find I'm having a very difficult time since he left. I am deep in grief as is my mother and father.

I will never get over the pain of losing him, my best friend, my brother, my only sibling.

Down through the years I have always been very close to Bill, and very dependant on his friendship and support. I miss his smile, his laugh, his advice, his words of encouragement in times of need, and the perpetual pat on the back when on occasion I did something that pleased him.

From our childhood we were always each others closest friend. Many times Bill, who happened to be younger than I, told me we should enjoy each moment because tomorrow we may not be together. How wise my "little" brother was. It makes one wonder if he knew somehow that he would be leaving sooner rather than later. How sad this is.  

Bill loved his family intensely. His son was a shining beacon in his life, and we grieve for the pain his son is now going through.

At age 19, William wrote a wonderful letter to our father, stating his love and appreciation for the father he loved so very much. My father has that letter to this day.

Bill was always there for anyone in need.

A "Heart of Gold," they say, and he had such a heart.

He went out of the ordinary to help anyone who needed it. We hear that God takes the choice flowers first, and we agree in Bill's case, God did take a choice flower to His Heavenly abode.

Though we weren't ready, we have to believe that God knows what is best. Now we ask that God help us to accept His will, and please help us understand. Please help us say goodbye, until we meet again.

I go to the cemetery several times a week to pray for him and the family. I take care of the flowers that I bring for him. I bought a plot very close to where he is. My headstone is also there. The last picture taken of us together (see above) is on my headstone.

The words that are inscribed on the headstone are "Brothers - Together Forever With GOD,In Spirit For Eternity" Then my name along with his,stating "Beloved Brother of William Lapp"

I have the need to feel his presence in my life, and I plan to see him in the future in our Heavenly home, and by the Grace of God, this will occur. I believe.
The death of my brother was a horrendous ordeal for my parents, and for myself. He died of the terrible disease by the name Creutzfeldt Jakob Disease (CJD).

To read about his last days and death, please click on the button to go to

"The Many Faces of Creutzfeldt Jakob Disease.

Back to William Lapp Story 1

When I look into your eyes. Letter to Dad from William

TO READ OTHER'S STORIES CLICK BELOW

Back to THE MANY FACES OF CJD