BACKGROUND NOISE

Just click on any of the links, icons or graphics below to get something to listen to while you surf (the one exception being the Hour 25 graphic to the right which, if you click on it, requires that you download the show first before listening)(everything else here is broadcast straight from the internet via streaming audio). Most of these use the Windows Media Player (some of the smooth jazz stations: WJZI 93.3 FM, KNIK 105.7 FM, KSSJ 94.7 FM and WTPI 105.7 FM's internet-only "Nightbreeze" smooth jazz radio) but one or two require that you have the free Realplayer already installed (if you don't have it, you can download it by clicking on its icon below) while others use this "Live365" player (see the list below). Only KNAC gives you a choice of the WebTV player, the Windows Media Player and Real Audio.

Also, I've noticed that some of the Windows Media Player stations ask for an email address, but if you hit the the decline button (thereby depriving the scum spammers of said email address), they still work anyway (or, alternatively, use the email address from the station's contact page and let them deal with their own spam). And, unfortunately, Hard Radio (a heavy metal station, like KNAC) requires that you give an email address (KNAC does not), so pick one of your spammers and use their address instead (perhaps not ethical, but neither is spam).

And even more links: if you're into smooth jazz, check out "The Adult Mix Quiet Storm Online", a non-stop 24/7 internet-only smooth jazz station with no commercial interruptions (!!) which offers a number of different ways to listen to their broadcast including Realplayer, Winamp, and Live365. Also check out the Google internet-only smooth jazz station list and Tyler Rice's smooth jazz website, both of which list about 15-20 internet-only smooth jazz and new age stations each.

And here's the "Live365" list (which requires using the Live365 player)(fortunately, it downloads in only about one minute, so that's not a big problem). In each case, I'll note the recommended modem speed for best listening (if you have a modem faster than required, that's fine, but it's not recommended if your modem speed is less than indicated). This list includes smooth jazz, but also has a bit of big band and new age:

And check out the actual "Live365" page to get a list of hundreds and hundreds of stations if these don't work out for you for any reason.

Finally, click on the mail skull below if you need to contact me for any reason (especially if it's to notify me of a dead link):

The Musical Starstreams archive (even more hard core new age stuff) is another archive (like HOUR 25), requiring you to pick an archive and listen as opposed to being on the air 24/7. But if you're into this kind of music, you'll enjoy this - just click on the graphic and you're there.

Webpage designer/programmer: Steve.