Unofficial Thoroughbred Hall of Fame

Bayakoa

Bayakoa, a bay daughter of Consultant's Bid, was bred by Haras Principal and foaled in Argentina on October 10, 1984. Her dam, Arlucea, had won the Pr. Caballerizas Argentinas in 1977. Arlucea's sire, Good Manners, was a stakes winning son of Nashua and the good broodmare Fun House, winner of the Del Mar Oaks, the Santa Susana Stakes, and the Ramona Handicap. Fun House was the dam of six stakes winners.

Trained by O.L. Finarelli, Bayakoa made her first start on February 15, 1987. She gained the lead quickly but couldn't hold it, tiring to finish second. Nearly two months later she tried again, this time with better results, and she wired a field of maidens.

Stepping up into Group I company, she couldn't sustain her early lead and finished sixth in the Jorge de Atucha on May 17. Her next start, a month later at San Isidro, was on the turf, and she won by four lengths.

Put against Group I performers again, she finished out of the money in Argentina's 1000 Guineas. Jorge Machado took over her training before the Polla de Potrancas, a Group I event at Hipodromo, and the filly performed better, finishing a strong second.

She ws second again in the San Isidro, a Group I handicap on the turf, and then she cantered to a twelve length victory in the Palermo Stakes despite a muddy surface. This caught the attention of trainer Ron McAnally, who brought her to California.

The filly was a highly anxious individual who required a tranquil environment and a soothing touch to prevent her self destruction.

Bayakoa

Bayakoa's Race Record

Year Starts Wins Seconds Thirds Earnings
Lifetime 39 21 9 0 $2,817,524

Bayakoa, 1984 bay filly (ARG)

Consultant's Bid Bold Bidder Bold Ruler Nasrullah (GB)
Miss Disco
High Bid To Market
Stepping Stone
Fleet Judy Fleet Nasrullah Nasrullah (GB)
Lucky Go Fleet
Solid Miss Solidarity
Henpecker
Arlucea (ARG) Good Manners Nashua Nasrullah (GB)
Segula
Fun House The Doge
Recess
Izarra (ARG) Right of Way (GB) Honeyway (GB)
Magnificent (GB)
Azpeitia (ARG) Corindon (FR)
Bidasoa (ARG)

shop

Recommended titles include: Champions from the Daily Racing Form, Thoroughbred Champions: Top 100 of the 20th Century from Blood-Horse, and Man O' War: Thoroughbred Legends #1 by Edward L. Bowen, as well as Seabiscuit on DVD .
Seabiscuit DVD
Back

amazon.com

This text protected by all applicable copyright laws. Do not duplicate or distribute without written permission. © Spiletta42.