The Hollow Man

Release

US- Summer Y2k

20th of May 2000

More Hollow Man pictures popped up at cinescape. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

17th of May 2000

New "Hollow Man" pictures are have popped up on Cinescape. Kevin Bacon looks 20 again, wonderfull special FX huh? This is my prediction for the surprise hit of the summer in the USA. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

12th of May 2000

There is a new trailer available for HOLLOW MAN, it is available in MOV format, lo res 7.4 meg, or Hi-res 14.1 meg. (DH) (HFA NEWS)
 BACK TO MAIN  BACK TO NEWS ARCHIVE |FILM NEWS ARCHIVE|

Release

US- Summer Y2k

6th of May 2000

Poster for THE HOLLOW MAN. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

4th of May 2000

Paul Verhoeven has spoken out about the kinds of things the audience should expect to see in "Hollow Man".
"You won't see Kevin eating a sandwich and then the food floating in his stomach. This is pure evil. The audience gets to watch evil encroach upon a man's soul."

"Plato says you'd go into house, get what you want, rape the woman and kill the man. It's the constraints of society that makes man good. Take away those restraints, and you take away the goodness…Hey, people love to see something that starts out good and then morphs into something evil. I know I do." (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

4th of April 2000

There is a 5.7 meg MPG that is a slurry of intereviews with Kevin Bacon, Elisabeth Shue and Verhoeven of "Hollow Man" available at HERE. (DH) (HFA NEWS)
10th of March 2000

HOLLOW MAN trailer

Lo res- 4.2 meg mov

High res - 9.3 meg mov

(DH) (HFA NEWS)

HOLLOW MAN info from CSO's showest coverage..
Directed by Paul Verhoeven, Kevin Bacon stars in this spin on the invisible man story as a scientist accidentally turned invisible. Little of the story could be discerned from the trailer other than Bacon is stalking some of the people responsible for his condition, but the special effects--smoke blowing over Bacon's invisible face, tricks with water--are top-notch. The film also stars Elizabeth Shue.

Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth Shue were there to promote the film, along with director Verhoeven, and they described the grueling hours Bacon had to spend in full body makeup, painted black, blue, or green, depending on the scene being shot. Said Bacon: "I took this part because it gave me the chance to play a mad scientist--and to be directed by one." (CSO) (HFA NEWS)
29th of FEbruary 2000

The first screenshot from Paul Verhoevens HollowMan popped up on DH after popping up in the swimsuit issue of Sprts illustrated. Checkout the official info site. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

4th of September 99

Fans of Kevin BAcons band, "The Bacon Brothers" will be dissapointed to hear that the tour has been delayed as there is still shooting to be done on "The Hollow Man" which is over schedule becasue of an Ankle. (CSO)

Release

US- Summer Y2k

23rd of July 99

How is this for a visual.. "The Hollow Man" (Kevin Bacon) will gradually dissapear.. LAYER by LAYER. The Director Paul Verhoeven has said that it "won’t be like the old Invisible Man stuff, which was just a fade out. In this case, the process will start at the skin and gradually move back through the layers through organs finishing up on the skeleton before he’s gone." Now there is an effect I'd like to see.. It's and inverse Hellraiser (the original). (CSO)
 30th of June 99

Production on "Hollow Man" will be halted till August to allow Elisabeth Shue's heel to heal. (CSO).
16th of June 99

Elizabeth Shue has torn her achilles tendon while working out at a gym . She is currently working on "The Hollow Man" (now in it's 8th week of production) and may need to be replaced.. Either that or they'll shoot around her vor az few weeks.. Or they could do the Colin Clive trick and have Shue sit down for most of the production. (CSO)
5th of June 1999

Mary Randle has enlisted her acting talents to "The Hollow Man". Along with current stars, Kevin Bacon, Josh Brolin and Elisabeth Shue. Which is a story about and Invisible Man.
 14th of May 1999

Joey Slotnick (Idle Hands) has joined the cast of "The Hollow Man" an invisble man directed by Paul Verhoeven (Starship Troopers, Shwogirsl, Total Recall).
 29th of April 1999

Paul Verhoevens (Total Recall, Showgirls, Starship Troopers) latest flick "The Hollow Man" has been cast.. With Kevin Bacon, Elisabeth Shue and Josh Brolin. It will be about some scientist who turn a man invisible.. But instead of the man using his invisibility for good he uses it to stalk the scientists that turned him that way.

Copyright , 1998-2000.
Click Here!