Jurassic Park 3

23rd of May 2000

If you are on sound stage 12 at Universal Studios, chances are you are working on the pre-production of "Jurassic Park 3". In associated news teh paleantologist that works on the JP films, Jack Horner, has mentioned that the T-Rex will not be the main antagonist in the film, and in fact something new and meaner would be going the growl. There are some Australian dinosaurs that would eat T-Rex for breakfast but the rest of the world just doesn't seem to care. Some of ours prehistoric animals survived until the Eurpean invasion. (DH) (HFA NEWS)
 BACK TO MAIN  BACK TO NEWS ARCHIVE |FILM NEWS ARCHIVE|

25th of April 2000

Kathleen Turner has accepted the lead role in Jurassic Park 3, she will be playing T-Rex, just kidding. Turners role in the film will not be a lead role, more of an important role in the context of the film. As for rumours of a teaser, these were all false. (DH) (HFA NEWS)
30th of March 2000

Kathleen Turner is being considered for a part in Jurassic Park 3, which will be directed by Joe Johnston. The production of the film has been moved from New Zealand to the Hawaii island of Maui. When Johnston was asked about the script and plot he had the following to say, "The script is being rewritten by William Goldman because of some minor problems with the plot. You asked me about the plot, and…eh. All I can say is that it isn´t a prequel to the first movie, but a new and more independent story which stands alone. Expect more dinosaurs and more plot!". (DH) (HFA NEWS)
10th of March 2000

Locations in Fiordland and Wellington, New Zealand are rumored to be scouted for "Jurassic Park 3" shotting locations. Also in the rumour are the allegations that Helen Hunt (as T- rex I bet), Elizabeth Shue and Chris Klein are going to appear in the film. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)
4th of February 2000

John Williams will not have enough time to sit down and write the score for "Jurassic Park 3" instead, James Horner (Titanic, Jumanji, Rocketeer) will work on the score for JP3, at least that is the rumour of the moment. (DH) (HFA NEWS)
1st of February 2000

Mikael Salomon has been hired as the DOP on Jurassic Park 3. The opening scene will be shot in New Zealand. Although the official cast list is not due till the end of February Chris Klein from American Pie has been mentioned. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

17th of January 2000

The Budget for "Jurassic Park 3" is set at 83 million. Director Joe Johnston (October Sky) is keen on having some flying Dinosaurs in this film. He has also said of his role as director, "Steven Spielberg has given me "carthe blanche". He has said that I shall make my own movie, all though the plot in the movie is based on idea by Steven. He has strongly pointed out that I shouldn't try to copy him". Sounds like Spielberg will be phantom directing this one, which is a nifty segway as they will be using the types of FX used in Phantom Menace, ahh phantom was a bad segway. (DH) (HFA NEWS)
31st of December 99

The pre-emptive title for the next Jurassic Park film is "Jurassic Park: Extinction". Universal has recently purchased the domain name www.jurassicparkextinction.com although the page is not running yet. This interesting news comes from Darkhorizons.. Lets hope that this time they apt for an R rating.. Okay in my dreams. (DH) (HFA NEWS)
6th of August 99

"Jurassic Park 3" could go into production as early as 2000 for a 2001 release date. Amblin entertainment have settled on director Joe Johnstons (Jumaji) to direct the film. The script is likely to be written by Craig Rosenberg. Michael Crichton will only have a passing influence and involvement with the film. (DH) Let's hope it is a full on Monster gore-fest like the books are.
 23rd of June 99

Crichton has confirmed that he has no involvement in the Jurassic Park 3 film at this time (CSO).
2nd of June 1999.

Spielberg may be handing over directing duties to someone else in Hollywood for "Jurassic Park 3". The front runners are Stephen Sommers (The Mummy) or Jan De Bont (The Haunting). (DH)

Copyright , 1998-2000.
Click Here!