Psycho Beach Party

26th of January 2000

A negative review of "Psycho Beach Party" has popped up HERE, on Darkhorzons. (DH) (HFA NEWS)
 BACK TO MAIN  BACK TO NEWS ARCHIVE |FILM NEWS ARCHIVE|

20th of January 2000

Psycho Beach Party.. The film need a nudity warning, or so is the rumor on Darkhorizons. It seems that Australian actress Kimberly Davies will not be doing any interview with Australian press at the sundance premiere of this film, and well the Aussie press said some funny yet unflattering things about Kim getting her gear off (topless in the forementinged film). Well hey who cares, she can't stop the Australian press from Poaching stuff from Variety. (DH) (HFA NEWS)
16th of November 99

Andrew Levitas from Party of Five, has commented on his roll in "Psycho Beach Party". In an interview with TV Guide online, he said "My character, a surfer named Provoloney, is someone who flies off the handle real quick. So when people start dying around him he's got some serious issues, to say the least. He also deals with some sexuality issues all the way through the movie. So, really, he doesn't know who he is and doesn't find himself until the very end of the movie.". He also talked a little about the filming of the film. "I mean, we shot on the beach for five weeks, six weeks, seven weeks — whatever it was! You're talking about great actors hanging out with great material that's real loose and real over the top and real campy and real fun. The best comedy comes when you are having a good time.". Sounds like the film has completed its shoot and sounds it also sounds like this will be a real hoot. The film also stars, Lauren Ambrose (can;t Hardly Wait), Thomas Gibson, (EWS) and Nicholas Brendon (Xander from Buffy). (DH)
October 99

Nicholas Brendon (xander from Buffy) has gone one record about the plot of "Psycho Beach Party". "It was like a GIDGET meets SCREAM kind of thing, and I played this character of Starcat. It was awesome. It was a lot of fun. I'm really nervous about it because it's a period piece. It should come out next year. Lauren Ambrose is in it; she's amazing at playing the Chicklet character. I need to see it, before I can talk about it. It was a lot of fun, and I got a free surfboard out of it." So it looks like we are going to go back a decade or 3 in the film. Pretty cool.
 24th of July 99

Australian Siren Kimberly Davies is joining the cast of "Psycho Beach Party".(CSO)
10th of July 1999.

Nicholas Brendon (xander from Buffy) is joining the cast of "Psycho Beach Party" based on the off broadway play by Charles Busch. The story centers on a 'schizophrenic girl (Lauren Ambrose of "Can't Hardly Wait") suspected of committing a string of murders.'. It will also star Matt Keeslar, Thomas Gibson and Andrew Levitas. (HO)
 BACK TO MAIN  BACK TO NEWS ARCHIVE |FILM NEWS ARCHIVE|

Copyright , 1998-2000.
Click Here!