Scooby Doo

12th of May 2000

One of my fav cartoons as a kid was SCOOBY DOO, for ages there have been rumours of a film being made.. Now the wheels are really in motion.. and there is a chance that Michael Myers (Austin Powers) could become SHAGGY.
"We just turned in our first draft," Gunn recently told Cinescape magazine editor Steve Hockensmith. "By 'we' I mean me and the producer, Chuck Roven, who did 12 Monkeys and Three Kings. The studio loved it, so it looks like we're pushing forward hard. We should have a director within the next couple of weeks."

According to Gunn, the film will finally give fans a peek at the origin of the mystery-loving Scooby gang.

"We see a lot of flashbacks as of right now. The script could change so much," Gunn said. "[But how the Scooby gang came together] will be thoroughly investigated in the movie. I'm interested in taking these cartoony characters that are larger than life and making them as real as possible."

Though Gunn was reluctant to talk about the plot, a source close to the project confirms recent reports that the film will be a cross between Ghostbusters and Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein.

"It's very scary and it's a comedy and it's a big spectacle with lots of action sequences," the source told Hockensmith. "I think the tough thing now will be finding a director. The movie has a lot of heart -- there's an emotional center to it. And it also has huge special effects and it needs to be funny and scary. It's going to be really hard to find a director who is accomplished in all those areas."

The source also revealed that Warner Bros. is considering using a CGI Scooby in the film and that rumors about the studio courting Mike Myers for the role of Shaggy are true. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

25th of August 99

"Scooby Doo" that famous scared of a everything dog could become the next cartoons to cross over into live action. I always thought I'd make a good Shaggy but that's me.. James Gunn is currently at work on the script for the film (HO).
 BACK TO MAIN  BACK TO NEWS ARCHIVE |FILM NEWS ARCHIVE|

Copyright , 1998-2000.
Click Here!