Scream Sequels

4th of June 2000

Wes Craven has sent out an email to a lot of new sites, excluding mine.. (more bad marks when I finally review Scream 3). Anyhow it's all about Scream 4. "Hello! Wes Craven here-- with some news I thought you might want to know! Dimension Films contacted me and asked if I would be interested in directing Scream 4. I declined. They have a screenwriter attached to the project and they're trying for a 2002 release". (DH) (HFA NEWS)
20th of May 2000

David Arquette has told EON magazine that if more Scream Sequels were to be made, it would likely be without the cast and director of the original trilogy. Sounds fine by me, I reckon they should have ended the trilogy with them all being killed, but instead they purposefully left room for a sequel. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)
 4th of May 2000

Wes Craven has started his denial of further Scream films... For the moment.
"Consider this the final word.I have no intention or making Scream 4.
I have several projects that will keep me occupied for the next couple of years. While the Scream films have been a wonderful experience, I have other projects to pursue. I certainly appreciate the loyalty of the Scream fans and their enthusiasm for the films, but I think that we've done what we had set out to do.I would also appreciate it if you would squelch the rumor that I am accepting Scream 4 scripts. We have been inundated with amateur writers that are saying that they heard this was true." (DH)
If he really thinks that the 3rd film tied up the trilogy nicely he is dead wrong, it is far worse an ending than any other previous trilogy. All the final film did was show how much Wes Craven thinks a family unit, and the family members will become deviant if they are split apart. It was more of a continuation of themes started in his earliest films and prooved that Scream was a writers trilogy, not the directors. I better write my Scream 3 review or I'll explode with anger. (HFA NEWS)
 11th of April 2000

More SCREAM SEQUELS than you can point a stick at. Miramax has reportedly bought up Scream4.com and Scream5.com in fact they have bought all the domains up to Scream10 so what they are trying to say is.. We lied. Apparently none of the original cast has signed back on or expressed interest. I hope they don't I'm really sick of the repeated plot with the same characters, change the character miramax, I dare you. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)
 BACK TO MAIN  BACK TO NEWS ARCHIVE |FILM NEWS ARCHIVE|

Copyright , 1998-2000.
Click Here!