Twilight of the Dead

24th of May 2000

News on a new "Dead" film is pretty much as it's been for some time: "It's really just a tangled web," Romero laments, but doesn't seem to rule it out, citing that it "could be put together, but it would take a lot of work and it's not going to be a high-paying job."

The biggest revelation for "Dead" fans? Romero is currently writing a serialized novel set in the world of the "Dead" films and plans to release it in chapters on the Net.

He also mentions "playing around with an idea of sort of a gunslinger type, hired gun, who goes around and cleans out towns [filled with zombies]. I don't know if I want to do that or not." (UPC) (HFA NEWS)

1st of April

Cinescape is reporting on troubles with TOM SAVINI's Project "VAMPIRATES", while at the same time giving hope too a fourth DEAD movie entitled "Twilight of the DEAD": Quote follows.
I got to meet Tom Savini this past weekend while he hosted a cinema festival down in Austin, Texas, at the Alamo Draft House, and he said that as of now the Vampirates movie is in financial Limbo. And waiting daily for the go ahead to finish. He also commented about the commentary track recorded recently with George Romero for the upcoming Knightriders dvd, and said that George was questioning Tom about the idea of another Living Dead film. Tom was very happy with the idea, with much applause from the crowd. the working title is "[Twilight] of the Dead." So it sounds like poor old Tom is in the wars again. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)
 BACK TO MAIN  BACK TO NEWS ARCHIVE |FILM NEWS ARCHIVE|

Copyright , 1998-2000.
Click Here!