Urban Legend 2: The Final Cut

OFFICIAL|
10th of March 2000

URBAN LEGEND: THE FINAL CUT info from CSO's showest coverage..
First the end of the Scream, now what is purported to be end of the Urban Legend series. In this 'final' installment we get the story of a young female film maker who wants to make a movie about a serial killer who kills using urban legends and then real killings begin, all based on urban legends and...

Director Brian Ottman, who had to pass up scoring The X-Men to finish The Final Cut, was there, promising: "This movie will scare the shit out of you." (CSO) (HFA NEWS)

3rd of March 2000

There is an interview with composer/ Director John Ottoman, "Urban Legend 2: The Final Cut", The film is sounding more like CUT everyday. The interview is available HERE.. (DH) (HFA NEWS)
25th of February 2000

The above is a new picture from "Urban Legend 2" it is c/o DH. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

12th of February 2000

Some new pictures from Urban Legend 2 Have popped up on the Internet at Composer/ Director John Ottman's official site. (DH) (HFA NEWS)
8th of February 2000

Urban Legend 2, has entered the test screening phase. (DH) (HFA NEWS)
 BACK TO MAIN  BACK TO NEWS ARCHIVE |FILM NEWS ARCHIVE|

OFFICIAL|
23rd of December 99

Latest picture from Urban Legends: The Final Cut.. FIRST pictures from the set. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

6th of December

Ever wanted to see what happens on the set of "Urban Legends 2: The Final Cut".. (Don't ask me where the 's' came from it is just there) Well wonder no more the last few days of shooting, will be webcast across the Internet. ON December 13-15.. You will be able to access it by going through the AOL Moviefone on that date.. More as the date approaches I'm sure.. Check out this site at sony for more details. It is the official site and contains some stuff similar to the original.. You can once again submit your own Urban Legend.. Oh and there is this bit of the script for you to read.

AMY
...I'm supposed to start shooting my senior thesis
film next week, but I can't seem to come
up with a good story...

REESE
(after a beat) I know a good story.

AMY
(doubtful, she smiles)
Yeah?

REESE
Yeah...it's about a campus serial killer whose murders
are based on "urban legends."
(growing bitter)
Eight people get killed, but the prestigious college
manages to cover it up.

AMY
Yeah, I've heard that one. Supposedly happened at
Pendleton. It's an "urban legend", too.
29th of December 99

According to a scooper at DH, UL2 will be finished shooting onm December 16. (DH)
11th of November 99

Urban Legend 2, will be shooting till Decemeber 16 and will have the funky intitals UL2 to prmotoe it.. rather than saying Urban Legend 2. I wonder who owns www.ul2.com???(DH)
October 99

Hey I know I said I would not be updating that much this month but here we go. This is pretty cool stuff.

Shane,

Trent's got some really funky architechture. I'm going to attach a few pics of the uni for you. Trent's divided up in to 5 "Colleges" (residences) and the college that they're using in Champlain which also happens to be mine. Right now, there's doing all sorts of construction for the set outside which is kind of cool. hopefully these pics will be interesting for you to see (also check out www.trentu.ca for some other pics). Except for 10.jpg (top) and 11.jpg (bottom), they are all of the area where the set is currently being constructed. 11.jpg gives a good view of the tower (far left of the pic) that will be used for the final scene. It's a distance shot of Champlain College. It's a really beautiful campus, but has some kick ass jagged edges to it as well.

Thanks for all the cool info Pieter. Pieter has also left a spoiler on Upcoming Horror Movies.com To read it higlight the following blank sectipon with your cursor.The final scene has the main character of the first one leaving on a train with a serious expression on her face (only appearance of the movie). The climax will involve a chase scene up our belltower followed by a fall to death of somesort. . The campus kind of reminds me of mine, www.gu.edu.au , but I don't think any horror films were made there.. Plenty of short student films.. No horror. I'd love to stand corrected. Below are some more pictures of Trent University. The one thing I never could understand about University's are the pathways, they're usually the long way between rooms. Or maybe thats just my campus, but as you can see in the pictures below there is nobody using the pathways:)

30th of September 99

More casting for "Urban Legend 2", the film is now still a sequel horror film but more of a thriller according to Variety. It will also star, Jennifer Morrison (Stir of Echoes, Intersection), Matthew Davis, Jessica Chauffiel, Anthony Anderson (Alien Avengers and LIFE) and Loretta Devine returns as the security guard. The story sounds very similar to CUT and SCREAM 3, while being slapped on the ass by The Blair Witch Project. It follows a bunch of students who are making a film, but they all start getting killed off. (CSO)
29th of September 99

"Urban Legend 2" will star Joey Lawrence (Blossum TV series and failed music career), now billing himself as Joseph will be playing the role of a 'slick film student who feels pressured to follow in the footsteps of his famous film studio mogul father.' (CSO) filming begins October 12.
23rd of September 99

According to a source at DH, "Urban Legend 2" has the sub title "Final Cut". There was an Australian slasher film made called "Final Cut" but I guess we'll have to see if this is a homage to that or not. (DH)
 25th of June 99

According to DRC, Phoenix pictures are in final talks with composer John Ottman to direct Urban Legend 2. The film is slatted fro production at the end of the year. The sequel is said to be "young person's Hitchcockian thriller instead of a slasher.". Ottman will make his directorial debut onthis film, you may know his music from Brian Singer films like Apt Pupil.
4th of June 1999.

"Urban Legend 2" is to begin shooting in 2-3 months according to a source at upcominghorrormovies.com . The film is likely to be shot in Winnipeg Canada at the University of Manitoba. The Casting has not yet been finalised.

Copyright , 1998-2000.
Click Here!