Vampire Lestat/Queen of the Damned

5th of June 2000

A whole bunch of information about Queen of the Damned turned up HERE.

- Louis (played by Brad Pitt in 'Interview') does not appear in the script, though Armand (Antonio Banderas in 'Interview') is a minor supporting character.
- As mentioned before both the novels "The Vampire Lestat" and "The Queen of the Damned" have been combined. One of the key elements - a love story between Lestat and the character of 'Jesse' is developed in the script.

- Vampiric history is "touched upon, but not in any great detail".

- One bound to be cool scene is as follows: "Akasha (the Queen) is awakened by Lestat's music and arises at the concert. As a result, the concert is interrupted and mass mayhem ensues. Akasha's goal is only to destroy the earth. She does not have the reasoning or motivation that is featured in the Chronicles".

- The twin vampire characters Maharet and Mekare are in the film, but a lot of their backstory is left out. As is the character of Enkil, The Vampire King .

- The character of 'Pandora' does appear, and seemingly appears to be - well there's no nice way to say this, a slut. Marius, the vampire who created Lestat also appears.

- More spoilers HERE.

(DH) (HFA NEWS)

20th of May 2000

Josh Hartnett (The FAculty, H20) has been dubbed the next likely to play LESTAT, in "Queen of the Damned". Filming must begin before mid August this year or Warner Bros. looses the film rights to the sequel. (DH) (HFA NEWS)
14th of April 2000

Rumors have it that Wes Bentley is no longer interested in playing Lestat in "Queen of the Damned" as he has no longing to be in Australia for such a long time, because he'll miss his family and friends. Well Wes I've been here all my life.... Good choice..<just kidding> Will this put Heath Ledger back on the cards??? In other news HIP HOP artist Aaliyah is joing the cast, well Lestat is a rock star so I guess the only thing that can beat rock is... <fill in the gap> (DH) (HFA NEWS)
 BACK TO MAIN  BACK TO NEWS ARCHIVE |FILM NEWS ARCHIVE|

1st of March 2000

Wes (weird guy with the camera in American Beauty) Bentley is in final negotiations to play Lestat in "Queen of the Damned". Now this trilogy is pretty well read by most Anne Rice fans and Vampire fans. Michael Rymer the director states that the film will "follow Lestat as he becomes a rock star whose music wakes up Akasha, the queen of all vampires. In the process, a young woman who works as a vampire hunter falls in love with him.". Hence Korn in the soundtrack. The filming will start Downunder as early as this year. I mean if you were to be a rock star what better place than Australia?? (HO) (HFA NEWS)
23rd of Feb 2000

Rumors are floating around that Wes Bentley will be in Queen of The Damned. (UPC) (HFA NEWS)
21st of Feb 2000

Jonathon Davies the lead singer for KORN is working on the soundtrack for "Queen of the Damned", whilst other Korn members Munky and Head are playing guitar, with Sam Rivers from Limp Bizkit on Bass. Well as Queen of the Damned will be a combo of Vampire Lestat and Queen of the Damned, I'm guessing that our friend Lestat, who becomes a rock star in the book sequels will be singing a lot like Jonathon Davies. I'm not saying he will be Jonathon. (DH) (HFA NEWS)
 5th of February 2000

Queen of the Damned will start shooting in Melbourne, Australia in 2000. It is part of Village Roadshows commitment to Warner Bros. Village will be throwing 1 billion dollars toward WB movie production up until 2005. That's a heck of a lot of cash. So far Michael Ryhmer is scheduled to direct the film. This is of course based on the Anne Rice Book of the same name. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)
 8th of July 1999.

Horroronline has bought in to question whether or not Heath Ledger (Two Hands, Roar) will be playing the role of the Vampire Lestat in the sequel to "Interview with a Vampire", which will bea combination of "The Vampire Lestat" and "Queen of the Damned" as he has taken a role in "The Patriot" which is a American Civil War film that will also star Mel Gibson (2 Australian like folk in a Civil War film.. ??). (HO)
 BACK TO MAIN  BACK TO NEWS ARCHIVE |FILM NEWS ARCHIVE|

Copyright , 1998-1999.

Click Here!