What Lies Beneath

RELEASE
US- May 26, Y2K
FAN SITE|
25th of May 2000

New Pictures from "What Lies Beneath" have arrived at DH.. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

20th of May 2000

The full teaser for "What Lies Beneath" is now available. It is a 7.8 meg MOV. (DH) (HFA NEWS)
10th of May 2000

A teaser from Entertainment Tonight on "What Lies Beneath" is available here. IT is a 7.5 meg MPG. (CSO) (HFA NEWS)
6th of May 2000

Poster for WHAT LIES BENEATH. (DH) (HFA NEWS)

25th of April 2000

Harrison Ford has spoken out, about his role in What Lies Beneath, "It's a thriller with supernatural overtones. I play a professor of genetics at a small college in Vermont . . . My wife, played by Michelle Pfeiffer, is beginning to see things that may or may not be ghosts."
(CSO) (HFA NEWS)

16th of Novemeber 99

"What Lies Beneath" is currently being shot in hangars that once held Howard H's Spruce Goose. The Hangars that Dreamworks tried to buy and convert into a studio earlier this year. According to Variety in one of the hangars is a HUGE set that consists of an IRON BRIDGE. Construction of the set has been uinderway fro a few weeks. Dreamworks will be using the hangarts until the end of the year. (CSO)
 BACK TO MAIN  BACK TO NEWS ARCHIVE |FILM NEWS ARCHIVE|

RELEASE
US- May 26, Y2K
FAN SITE|
21st of September 99

Rachel Singer has joined the cast of "What Lies Beneath". (CSO)
9th of September 99

This house is the other one that Dreamworks will be calling, BORN BAD. It is the property from "What Lies Beneath" and it looks like a cross between Amityville and the Bates House. Thanks to DH for the tip and the official dreamworks fan site, http://www.spielberg-dreamworks.com/whatliesbeneath that has all that you would want to know about the film.

27th of August 99

"What Lies Beneath" is beggining to sound like a more angry version of the old ghost classic "Blithe Spirit", which I saw a stage version of a while back that was superb. It will focus around Harrison Ford killing his lover accidently and returning to his wife.. With some kind og spirit that follows him home (happens to me all the time.. No really). No expense is being spared on the production which will include the House in vermont and the LA soundstage that will be done up to resemble the interiors for the supernatural sequences.. Now this film has a lot to top if it is to succeed. Here are my top ghost films for those who are interested. (DH)
1) The Haunting (1963) Robert Wise
2) The Entity (1981) Sidney J. Furie
3) The Amityville Horror (1979) Stuart Rosenberg
So this is what taints any view I have of ghost films. I will always have these three in the forefront of my mind when watching or hearing about another film. Anyone else who wants to send in a review of there favorite ghost film please do so.. I hear "The Sixth Sense" is extremely good.
26th of August 99

"What Lies Beneath" written by Clark Gregg and directed by Robert Zemeckis has begun filming. Added to the cast are Diana Scarwid and Joe Morton. The film has been resynopted, "a happily married couple whose idyllic life is threatened by mysterious events." (CSO) But I thik we can assume that seeing this is Dreamworks it will have ghost running about.
13th of August 99

Katherine Towne will play the daughter of Harrson Ford and Michelle Pfeiffer in "What Lies Beneath".. Shooting begins this month on the film. (CSO)
12th of August 99

News from "What Lies Beneath" about the story has appeared at DH. "On alt.fan.harrison-ford news group they said that Michelle Pfieffer in the Irish Independent newspaper while promoting Midsummer Night's Dream she has a few words to say about What Lies Beneath and Harrison. "it's a ghost story about a man who goes back in time to find the woman he love[s]. It's a great romantic notion, and I've never worked with Harrison. He's one of the best, and so talented, so I jumped at the chance. I've never done a movie of that genre and I'm really intrigued" (DH)

RELEASE
US- May 26, Y2K
 27th of July 99

supermodel Amber Valletta will join Harrison Ford and James Remar in "What Lies Beneath". (CSO)
 24th of July 99

James Remar is joing the cast of "What Lies Beneath". (CSO)
30th of June 99

According to DH "What Lies Beneath" is now confirmed to be filming around Lake Chaplain, which in real life is said to have a sea monster lurking in it.
8th of June 99

Robert Zemeckis' film "What Lies Beneath" (it's a ghost story), will be shooting in various lakeside locations around a home to built in DAR state park home. (DH)
 26th of May 99

"What Lies Beneath" more info on the ghost story starring Harrison Ford and Michelle Pfeiffer. Ford will play a college professors whose wife (Pfeiffer) is haunted by the ghost of student who is trying to get her help. The film will begin shooting in August. (CSO)
 7th of May 1999.

SKG's latest horror film will be "What Lies Beneath" directed by Robert Zemeckis (Tales From the Crypt).. This is not based on the book of the same titled based on an oil rig.. This is based on a story by Spielberg, about a house by a creepy lake.. And there will be ghosts in it.. Along with Harrison Ford and Michelle Pfieiffer.. The film is a ghost story that centres around a murder investigation. Begins filming soon. The film is due for a May 26 realease in y2k.

Copyright , 1998-2000.
Click Here!