Links
 Banners
 Most Wanted
 Contact Me
 Sign Guestbook
 Forum
 Search the Web

Serena and Venus Williams sign with Sega

The Virtua Tennis series is about to get even better with the signing of two great athletes--Serena and Venus Williams. Everybody knows who Serena and Venus are: they have won the Wimbeldon, U.S. Open, and the recent Australian Open doubles championship; Venus is coming off of a 32 match winning streak; and I'm not too up-to-date on Serena's accomplishments, but I do know she kicks ass. With the edition of the Williams sisters, an already great game, Virtua Tennis, will get even better. In my opinion there were only three things missing in Virtua Tennis: female players, a create-a-player feature, and online play. Hopefully, my (and many other's) prayers will be answered in the next installment in the VT series. Here is what Martha Hill, Sega's director of Sports Marketing had to say about this acquisition:

"Sega Sports is thrilled to work with Venus Williams and Serena Williams, two of the most dynamic athletes in sports today. Working closely with Venus and Serena, we hope to translate their passion and excitement for the game of tennis into our new video game."

And here's what Stephanie Tolleson, head of IMG's Women's Tennis and also business manager for Venus and Serena, had to say:

"Venus Williams and Serena Williams are excited about bringing tennis to an even wider audience. The enthusiasm both share for the game will, quite literally, have a hands-on application for millions of tennis and Sega video game aficionados."

Now I'm all excited (hey, not in that way). I can't wait until this November (2001) when the game is released.

--
      Now all we need is Anna Kournikova...

Layout, design, and revisions © 2001 All rights reserved.
dreamcastotaku.cjb.net