Links
Chat Room
Fett Pics
MIDI Files
SW and Fett Site

Download ICQ

Books - Comics

- 22nd of July, 98 -

Hum... Ok, I said this part was underconstruction but now, it's STILL under construction so I made [copy-paste] of the literature review of Jedinet. I didn't have much time to check for new publishing myself so I picked the others work. At least, I could check in Amazon.com, or Dhorse.com...

Books that will be published this year:

Vision of the Future - 352 pages (October 1998) Bantam Doubleday Dell Books; ISBN: 0553100351
The "October" means September, as we all know now. The page number is hefty, so I'm happy. :O)

The Bounty Hunter Wars - Book Two: Slave Ship by K.W. Jeter (September 1998, paperback, 400 pp.)
The galaxy's most fearsome bounty hunter, Boba Fett, returns in the second installment of this arc, which finds the Bounty Hunters Guild warring against itself as a huge price is placed on the head of a renegade Imperial stormtrooper.tHe is dead, Fett sets out to claim the prize, unaware that the bounty is part of a trap orchestrated against the Rebellion by the cunning and ruthless Prince Xizor!
Everyone, please take note: the title IS simply Slave Ship--no "The." Bummer. Should've kept it to have some symmetry. <g> I have blacked out one part, because it spoils an event from TMA. Everybody should know it anyway, but I'll play it safe.

Wookie Cookies: The STAR WARS Cookbook by Robin Davis; photographs by Frankie Frankeny (hardcover, 60 pp.)
So, you want to make dining an adventure for your friends, your kids, or just yourself. Hungry for some Boba Fett-Ucine? A bowl of Crazy Cantina Chili? How about some Princess Leia Danish Dos for dessert? You can prepare these and many more gastronomic delights in the comfort of your Earthbound kitchen with this new collection of healthy snacks, tasty dishes, and easy-to-make main courses! Instructional yet irreverent - with lots of hilarious photos - Wookie Cookies even contains important safety tips, plus a sheet of shiny Star Wars stickers for chef-collectors! Bon appetit!
Oh boy. This is really out there, I don't think I want to comment. Hee-hee.

Visual Dictionary - The Ultimate Guide to STAR WARS Characters and Creatures by David West Reynolds (September 1998, $19.95, Dorling Kindersley Publishers; ISBN: 0789434814, hardcover, 64pp.)
This independent companion volume to Star Wars Incredible Cross-Sections focuses on the characters, equipment, weaponry, and creatures of the Star Wars series, offering basic information and the smallest details about the saga's best-known characters, and their equipment, in a lively format.

STAR WARS Incredible Cross-Sections - The Ultimate Guide to STAR WARS Vehicles and Spacecraft by Dr. David West Reynolds, illusrtrations by Hans Jenssen & Richard Chasemore (September 1998, $19.95, Dorling Kindersley Publishers; ISBN: 0789434806, hardcover, 32pp.)
The company famous for creating some of the world's finest and most detailed visual encyclopedias brings its talents to the Star Wars Universe with three-dimensional examinations of 13 vehicles made famous in the original film trilogy. From the smallest X-Wing Fighter to the colossal Death Star, this book contains exhaustively rendered cross-sections that show the tiniest inner workings of these spacefaring creations with exploded views, and in colorful detail. Created under the direction of Lucas Licensing, and utilizing items from Skywalker Ranch, this is the guide to getting around in the most exciting galaxy in movie history.

Star Wars X-Wing; A Pocket Manual by David West Reynolds List Price: $5.95 Our Price: $4.16 You Save: $1.79 (30%) Hardcover (October 1998) Running Press Book Publishers; ISBN: 0762403209

Star Wars TIE Fighter; A Pocket Manual by David West Reynolds List Price: $5.95 Our Price: $4.16 You Save: $1.79 (30%) Hardcover (October 1998) Running Press Book Publishers; ISBN: 0762403195

Star Wars Mixed Display by Ryder Windham, David West Reynolds, Stephen J. Sansweet List Price: $142.80 Our Price: $114.24 You Save: $28.56 (20%) Paperback (October 1998) Running Press Book Publishers; ISBN: 0762404175

Star Wars Collectibles; A Pocket Guide by Stephen J. Sansweet List Price: $5.95 Our Price: $4.16 You Save: $1.79 (30%) Hardcover (October 1998) Running Press Book Publishers; ISBN: 0762403225

Source: Amazon.com

Incoming comics:

Star Wars: Dark Forces - Jedi Knight by William C. Dietz, cover and art by Dave Dorman (HC, 128 pp.)
Chronicles the adventures of Kyle Katarn as he arrives on Ruusan only to discover that Jerec and his band of Dark Jedi are looting the Valley of the Jedi, hoping to seize control of the almost unbelievable power that is trapped there. In order to stop them, Kyle must find the valley and fulfill his destiny as a Jedi.
Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron #34 Mandatory Retirement Part 3 of 4 (pic links to enlargment, text links to DHC's Profile)
Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron #35 Mandatory Retirement Part 4 of 4 (only summary and other stats, no cover art available/found yet)
Star Wars: Jedi Academy - Leviathan #1 of 4 (there is a link to the cover at the page I have linked to, as well as summary)
Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi - Redemption #4 of 5 (ditto)
Star Wars: Mara Jade - By the Emperor's Hand #3 of 6 (only summary and other stats, no cover art available/found yet)

Star Wars Masterpiece Edition - Anakin Skywalker: The Story of Darth Vader by Stephen Sansweet with Daniel Wallace and Josh Ling (October 1998, hc, 98pp.)
Within a spectacular box rests Anakin Skywalker: The Story of Darth Vader, a sensational 96-page hardcover tracing the life and death of the sinister (and, ultimately, tragic) villain in both black-&-white and color photos, production stills, costume & prop shots, interviews, and collectibles. Also, this set contains a one-of-a-kind, 13 1/2" tall figure of Anakin as he appeared at the end of Return of the Jedi - kind, smiling, and wearing his Jedi robes!

For more, goto Jedinet.com, at the Literature part.