The Marquette: The Marquette is small and highly manuverable. It owes this manueverablity to experimental thrusters (the purple things, two are flat triangles, and the other two are planes within a sphere) that were incorporated into the design. Thrusters some of the best existing, yet when the design is incorporated on a larger scale, they fail. The reason has something to do with the surface area to volume (and thus mass, normally) ratio. Default equipment on the Marquette includes: a jump drive, an interplanetary drive, cargo bay life support, a 10 seat passenger cabin, and atmospheric shielding. Only 4 tons are available for additional cargo. It has replaced the outdated Interplanetary Shuttle rapidly. It is independently built.

Note: Though this ship was inspired by the shuttle from Earth: Final Conflict, it is far from the same. Basically, I kept the front triangle thingies (I made them thrusters), changed the cockpit (and most of the ship in the process) to one resembling a helicopter or perhaps a wing commander cockpit, and totally changed the rear thrusters and the pylons the rear thrusters are mounted on as well.. I hope everyone agrees this is enough, because when added all together, I changed everything but its front thingies, and perhaps it retains a similar side profile. The ship's name is the name of a character. If anyone from E:FC productions sees this, I hope they can recognize it as a tribute, not an infringement. If asked, I can make further alterations, but I think it's at its best now.

Hull Mass

5 tons

Missile Pylons

Mass (full)

30 tons

Scoop mount:

No!

Internal Capacity

25 tons

Crew

Main thrust

32 g/torus

Alligiance

None

Retro thrust

28g

Cost

Gun mounts

Jump rating

Interplanetary/torus

Note: Although the Marquette has only 25 tons of capacity, that includes a torus jump drive, an ion propulsion system, a ten seat passenger cabin, life support, atmospheric shielding, and 4 tons for fuel. How? The answer lies in two parts: 1) the passengers are technically in the cockpit, and no space is wasted for individual cabins; 2) both the ion drive and the torus drive are specially fitted to the Marquette, and are unremovable. The Marquette is the perfect portrait of an interplanetary taxi. However, it doesn't have much room for customization.

Back to Porphyre's Shipyard

Back to Bits 'n' Bobs

Contact me