Colonizing

By James 'Porphyre' Grahn

Unfortunately, unlike most ways of life in TEP, you need people to colonize a planet. This limits your freedom considerably, because a sponsorship is needed for this job. However, it is noteworthy that one new colony pontentially creates many jobs.

1. Military Colonization: Running out of elbow room in your country? Get hired by a military contractor and make some!

2. Sponsored Colonization: Watch for an advirtsement... occasionally some oppressed group will seek out a new way of life in the stars. Exploit that. As a final note, I do not expect colonizations to be happening constantly. However, when they do occur, they would provide jobs for quite a while in many different fields... 

Special thanks to Gaël Zimmermann

Tools of the Trade:

There are very few specific tools for colonization, as most of the jobs are not specific to this. Colonizing is more of an event than a lifestyle. Only the equipment specific to colonization is related to the deployment of the colony:

Colony Ships: Rather rare and only available with a specific job-- they're bulky and handle poorly until you shed all of the colony infrastructure-- then you find it's a special edition of a well known ship underneath.

Towing Craft: And a large one at that if you expect to tow a base or station into orbit!

Back to Porphyre's Trading Post

Back to my Main Page

Contact me at [email protected]