DEAF WATCH FLAG
DEAF WATCH NEWSLETTER 
NOVEMBER 1999 

red line

THE "BABEL FISH" SECTION 
FISH CHANGING FLAG COLORS
LIMITED LANGUAGE TRANSLATIONS 
FOR MAXIMUM USE OF THE LANGUAGE TRANSLATOR, PLEASE ADD BROWSER APPLET. INSTRUCTIONS ARE ON TRANSLATOR PAGES. 

red line

SUPPORT ORANGE COUNTY DEAF ADVOCACY CENTER 

PLEASE VISIT THE OCDAC WEBSTORE

ACCESSORIES FOR PEOPLE WITH HEARING DISABILITIES, BATTERIES FOR HEARING AIDS, AND MANY OTHER ITEMS 

red line

HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY DEAFWATCH! 

FOUR YEARS AGO, when I first clicked on the 'send' button of my computer fax program, I sent out the very first issue of this newsletter. IN FOUR YEARS this newsletter has gone from a small fax list all the way to a giant internet mailing list. STARTING WITH THIS ANNIVERSARY ISSUE, we are headed toward world class status as this newsletter has translators in 5 languages making this one of the most accessible newsletters to the global community. This is my gift to the world. THE DEAF WATCH NEWSLETTER is one of the tools I am using to lead the global disability community toward the promised land of fairness, equality, and justice. 

THIS ISSUE OF THE DEAF WATCH NEWSLETTER is the first fully web version of the newsletter. This is one of the many ways brought to our attention on addressing the email traffic and bandwidth consumption problems. Grapevine2.com has given us a good solution to explore and we will be evaluating this solution in the near future. 

FEATURE COMMENTARY 

Year 2000 Compliant Host

THE YEAR 2000, DEAFWATCH AND YOU 

By now, most people have heard of the "Year 2000" or "Y2K" bug. It involves reprogramming the computers to make sure they dont mistake the date 2000 for the year 1900. If the computers are not fixed by January 1, 2000, there may be problems. Many people are still puzzled about how a technical flaw in computers could affect their everyday lives, and many fear the unknown. They may be asking "Is my money safe?" , "Will my rights be safe?" type of questions. 

REST ASSURED, Deafwatch.com is hosted by a Y2K compliant server and our computers have already eliminated it's dependence on time sensitive software. We will be here to continue to help, advocate, and educate the disability community after Big Ben strikes the year 2000 

The year 2000 computer problem isn't a problem for criminals, its an opportunity to cash in on peoples fears about the unknown. While chances you'll never encounter a Y2K crook, we want you to know how to spot warning signs so you wont end up a victim. HERE ARE SOME TIPS AND POINTERS : (1) Remeber the classic red flags of a swindle. (2) Protect your personal financial information. (3) Check out any offer to buy or invest in a product or service before you commit to anything. (4) Take the time to spot, and report, a possible fraud or scam. REMEMBER IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS! 

DONT TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN. If you're thinking of withdrawing extra money for the year 2000, the FDIC has a message for you, (1) Federal and State regulators expect that most banking services will be functioning normally on January 1, 2000. (2) The money you leave in a federally insured acount are absolutely safe. (3) If your favorite ATM is not working, you can get cash elsewhere. (4) There are OTHER ways to pay for products and services than using cash. (5) Y2K problems wont cause your bank to lose track of your money. DIRECT DEPPOSITS AND PAYMENTS. No need to shift out of automatic in the year 2000. People who receive SSI and SSDI should not experience problems. 

DISABILITY ADVOCACY WILL REMAIN STRONG. Most disability advocates are always up to date on every thing that goes around Y2K and we will continue to watch out for harmful legislation and continue to fight for better wording on disability laws and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). We'll still be on guard for you after the big ball drops in Madison Square on January 1, 2000. 

THE ALARMISTS WILL ALWAYS SCREAM. We have heard from deaf alarmists as well and we have addressed their concerns as far as educating our community about the Y2K problem. We have devoted a part of our website resource to educating the community and we hope everyone will take advantage of the resources available. Information on our website should satisfy as many people as possible and we are open to new ideas, suggestions, and products to help people deal with the Y2K threat. Orange County Deaf Advocacy Center takes leadership in personal preparedness by offering personal survival kits to people who need them. 

IF Y2K DOES BRING PROBLEMS, the financially challenged are most likely to prevail because they have learned how to survive without the use of money and by using different types of economies such as bartering and cooperatives to name a few. The Pensylvania Dutch won't even be touched by Y2K as they are completely independent from modern technology. Wealthy people will be hit hardest because they depend too much on their finances and technology. The impovershed are better educated than the wealthy people on survival issues and are a great resource themselves. It is time we tap on this resource as we learn more about Y2K issues. 

IN CLOSING, you should continue to educate yourself about Y2K, safeguard and keep copies of your financial information, make prudent preparations, and be on guard against scams. 

Always yours! 
RICHARD ROEHM 
Chief Editor, Deaf Watch Newsletter 

Internet Sphere Interactive

NEWS 

Victory for the Auckland Deaf Community 

Recently the Administration Manager of Auckland Deaf Society and Kim Robinson had a meeting with Auckland City Council over the provision of interpreters for Deaf living in Auckland to attend training workshops that are ran by the Auckland City Council. Previously they were told the Auckland City Council had no money to pay for the Interpreters. Upon having a meeting with the Manager of Leisure Services (training and advisory division of Auckland City Council) � they pointed out if they are providing courses for the community � who is the community? Deaf people are part of the community and we shall not be left out on what Auckland City Council is providing for its citizens. They also made the council aware of the barriers Auckland Deaf people have in the community and they are looking forward to getting together to address these issues. 

Deaf Man Attacked At Camp Ground (ABC NewsWire) 

Police in Waukesha County are still trying to unravel all the details surrounding a strange shooting incident at Ottawa Lake Campground. A 33-year-old Florida man who was camping there says he was robbed and shot. The man, who is deaf, had a difficult time communicating with the deputies, but finally let them know he left to do some sight-seeing by car and was attacked and robbed at a car wash in Milwaukee. He was shot three times, but drove around for 12 hours, before finding his way back to the campsite. He was treated and released from the hospital. Police are looking for suspects. 

"Not My Choice...Cochlear Implants" by Elizabeth Morris 

Hearing parents upon discovering that their child is deaf immediately cling to the promise of technology in hopes that their child's deafness can be overcome. The wire sparkling on the side of the deaf's child head emphasizes the ripping apart of the culture which we want to preserve. This deaf child's cry shows her sadness over her parent's inability to accept her as she is. A single road with a sign saying "Wrong Way" represents the isolation and confusion of identity. The quote "Not My Choice...Cochlear Implants" is a message to hearing parents who have the right to make decisions about their deaf child. 

ORDERING INFORMATION : If you like the "Not My Choice" poster regarding unnecessary surgery on Deaf Children, you may order copies. Full color posters are sold for 5 dollars each, and shipping is $6. Total is $11. Personal Check and Money order for payment of "Not My Choice" posters. SAVERS: 3-pak posters for 12 dollars, and shipping is $6. Total is $18. 

Send the payment to:

Elizabeth Morris
7110 Whispering Winds Drive
Austin, Texas 78745

You will receive the poster within 1-2 weeks by Priority Mail. 

ABOUT THE ARTIST : New computer technology is changing the way art is created, viewed and documented. Texas artist Elizabeth Morris, formerly of Los Angeles, California, is one of today's daring artists working with this cutting-edge technology to create images that were previously impossible to capture with a camera and paintbrush. Morris was invited to exhibit at the Deaf Studies IV Conference, April 27-30,1995 in Boston, Massachusetts. Harlan Lane, author of When The Mind Hears showed slides of her cochlear implant artwork at the Congress of the World Federation for Deaf in Vienna, Austria, July, 1995. The work was also shown at the Deaf Studies V Conference, March 1997, in Washington DC, and has been reproduced in books and newspapers. 

NATIONAL DISABILITY EMPLOYMENT AWARENESS MONTH, 1999 

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 

A PROCLAMATION 

As Americans, we define ourselves in many ways -- not only by our families and communities, but also by our work; not only by who we are, but also by what we do for a living. Millions of Americans with disabilities, however, do not share that experience because their path to the world of work has been strewn with barriers. At a time when the unemployment rate in our Nation is at the lowest level in a generation -- 4.2 percent -- a staggering 75 percent of Americans with disabilities remain unemployed, even though the vast majority of them want to work. 

One of the greatest barriers to employment for people with disabilities is that, under current law, they often become ineligible for Medicaid or Medicare if they work. That is why I have challenged the Congress to pass the bipartisan Work Incentives Improvement Act. This proposed legislation would extend Medicare coverage for people with disabilities who return to work and improve access to health care through Medicaid. No American should ever be forced to choose between health care coverage and employment, and this legislation will help ensure that no one has to make that choice. 

In addition to fully funding the Work Incentives Improvement Act, my Administration?s proposed budget includes a $1,000 tax credit to help people with disabilities offset the cost of special transportation and other work-related expenses. We are also seeking to double our investment in such assistive technology as braille translators, mobile phones, and voice recognition software that give disabled citizens the tools they need to make the transition to work. And in June of this year, I signed an Executive order to expand employment opportunities for people with psychiatric disabilities and set an example for the private sector by ensuring that the Federal Government's hiring and promotion standards are the same for these workers as they are for people with mental retardation or severe physical disabilities. 

Next year our Nation will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the 25th anniversary of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act -- the two landmark pieces of legislation that transformed our country?s disability policy and set a standard for other nations around the world. However, putting an end to negative attitudes and shattering destructive stereotypes will require the concerted efforts of all sectors of society. Until we integrate Americans with disabilities as full participants in our social fabric, we will never reach our employment goals. 

This year, in addition to rededicating ourselves to breaking down employment barriers, we will highlight the achievements of people with disabilities in areas such as journalism, entertainment, and the arts. People like journalist John Hockenberry prove that a wheelchair need not be an obstacle to traveling the world to report breaking news. Artists like blind sculptor Michael Naranjo and deaf painter Alex Wilhite illustrate that having a disability can be the vehicle for advancing the arts in novel ways. Performers like Laurie Rubin, a classically trained vocalist, show us that blindness need not prevent one from taking the great stage of the opera. 

To recognize the enormous potential of individuals with disabilities and to encourage all Americans to work toward their full integration into the workforce, the Congress, by joint resolution approved August 11, 1945, as amended (36 U.S.C. 121), has designated October of each year as "National Disability Employment Awareness Month." 

NOW, THEREFORE, I, WILLIAM J. CLINTON, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim October 1999 as National Disability Employment Awareness Month. I call upon Government officials, educators, labor leaders, employers, and the people of the United States to observe this month with appropriate programs and activities that reaffirm our determination to fulfill both the letter and spirit of the Americans with Disabilities Act. 

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirtieth day of September, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and ninety-nine, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and twenty-fourth. 

WILLIAM J. CLINTON 

TARGET VIOLATES CIVIL RIGHTS OF DEAF AND HARD OF HEARING 

Oakland, CA�Today (October 6, 1999) in the U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, Disability Rights Advocates (DRA) and Schneider & McCormac filed a nationwide class action lawsuit of first impression (Lundstrom v. Target) against Target Stores, a division of Dayton Hudson Corporation, for violating the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA). Target discriminates against persons with hearing disabilities by failing to provide the accommodations necessary to ensure effective communication in the workplace. 

The ADA requires places of public accommodation, such as retailers or department stores, to provide reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities during the interview process. For people who are deaf or hard of hearing, retailers must provide the necessary accommodations to achieve effective communication between the hearing and deaf persons. For deaf people, interpreters are a necessary accommodation to bridge the communication gap between sign language and English users. Target, however, has exhibited a pattern and practice of refusing to provide interpreters during the job application process which severely disadvantages deaf people� s opportunities to fairly and equally compete for employment. As one of the largest retail stores in the nations, with a annual revenues of over $ 20 billion, Target can well afford the costs of such accommodations. 

The individual named Plaintiff, Gary Lundstrom, represents a state and nationwide class of all persons with hearing disabilities who have been injured in the legal right or are threatened with such injury because of Target�s conduct in establishing and implementing discriminatory policies and practices against deaf and hard of hearing job applicants. Plaintiffs are seeking injunctive relief that will force Target into compliance with federal civil rights laws. 

Target systematically fails to provide very basic accommodations to deaf and hard of hearing job applicants during the employment application process. Target�s refusal to provide deaf and hard of hearing applicants with sign language interpreters for interviews forces them to communicate with interviewers by writing notes. Target also refuses to provide hearing disabled applicants with interpreters for written job examinations administered by Target. An investigation of Target stores across the nation shows that Target routinely denies deaf job applicants� requests for interpreters for job interviews. Of ten deaf people across the nation, six were discriminated against by one form or another. For example, three people were told that Target would not provide an interpreter for the job interview. Two other people were told that Target was not currently hiring. However, when hearing persons inquired about job openings at the same stores, they were told that Target was currently hiring and were encouraged to apply. Only one deaf individual was told that Target would provide him with an interpreter and that he would receive a call to schedule an interview. Despite his repeated TDD (Telecommunication Device for the Deaf) calls and messages concerning scheduling an interview, Target never returned his messages. The last time he called to follow up on an interview, he was told that Target was already conducting interviews.  

The named class representative in this suit is Gary Lundstrom, who is deaf. Mr. Lundstrom states, �Target didn�t even give me a chance. I asked for an interpreter and they said they would give me one. But before the interview, they called me and told me they could not find an interpreter and just told me to come in for the interview anyway. I told Target that I needed an interpreter, but they insisted that I should just interview without one. I decided to go to the interview anyway because I needed a job and I wanted to try. But, without an interpreter at the interview, I was not able to understand what was being said, ask questions easily, understand most of the questions on the test, or talk about my skills.� 

Rowena Gargalicana, an attorney for the plaintiff, notes: �It is ironic that Target�s web page boasts about the company�s commitment to diversity and about the company�s Diversity Task Force. However, Target�s practice of routinely denying deaf job applicants sign language interpreters during job interviews is proof that Target does not want to hire deaf people.� 

Plaintiffs are represented by Disability Rights Advocates, a national civil rights nonprofit law firm exclusively representing people with disabilities and Schneider & McCormac, a prominent San Francisco civil rights firm. 

JUSTICE FOR DEAF PEOPLE ORGANIZATION DEBUTS 

Justice For Deaf People is an internet based organisation that is fighting for the rights of Deaf people in Britain. 

The organisation was set up to enable Deaf people and their friends, family and supporters to fight for equality and justice. 

The organisation is based at the following website:

http://welcome.to/JusticeForDeafPeople

The organisation is very much in its infancy, however we are growing quickly we would like to invite members of the Deaf-UK group to join with us and fight for justice and equality of Deaf People in the UK. 

The idea behind the organisation is to provide a core group of people willing to take direct-email action on individuals/organisations/governments to initiate change. 

Please take the time to visit the website and join the mailing list together we can make a difference. 

Thank you for your time 

Justice For Deaf People 

CLINTON MEMORANDUM FOR THE HEADS OF EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES SUGGESTS HIRING PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES 

SUBJECT: Hiring People with Disabilities in the Federal Government 

Since I became President, we have created over 19 million new jobs and unemployment is as low as it has been in 29 years. Still, almost 75 percent of working-age Americans with severe disabilities remain unemployed. If this Nation is to live up to its promise of equal opportunity, and our economy is to continue to strengthen and expand, we must draw on the untapped energy and creativity of these millions of capable Americans. 

One of the most glaring barriers to work for people with disabilities is that they frequently become ineligible for Medicaid or Medicare if they go back to work, putting them in the untenable position of choosing between health care coverage and employment. That is why my budget fully funds the Work Incentives Improvement Act, investing $1.2 billion over 5 years in health care and employment services so that people with disabilities can work. This legislation was unanimously endorsed by the House Commerce Committee on May 19 and has been cosponsored by a majority of the House of Representatives; it passed the Senate 99-0 on June 16. It is time for the Congress to finish the job and pass the Work Incentives Improvement Act immediately. People with disabilities who want to work should not have to wait one more day. 

Vice President Gore and I have already taken a number of steps to increase the employment of people with disabilities. On March 13, 1998, I signed Executive Order 13078 establishing the National Task Force on Employment of Adults with Disabilities to create a coordinated national policy to bring working-age individuals with disabilities into gainful employment. In December, the Task Force presented the Vice President with its first report, and I am proud to say we have taken action on all the Task Force's formal recommendations. 

As we fight to ensure that all people with disabilities have the health care and other assistance they need to go to work, we must also lead by example and make the Federal Government a model employer of people with disabilities. On June 4, 1999, I signed an Executive order eliminating the Federal Government's stricter hiring standards for people with psychiatric disabilities, an issue highlighted by Mrs. Gore earlier in the year. And last December, the Vice President asked the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) to develop a plan to increase the representation of adults with disabilities in the Federal workforce. 

Today I am pleased to release that plan, "Accessing Opportunity: The Plan for Employment of People with Disabilities in the Federal Government," and the companion employment guide prepared by OPM. These documents give agencies detailed and practical information on ways to recruit people with disabilities for positions at all levels of government; provide opportunities for students with disabilities; ensure career opportunities for people with disabilities; collect and maintain data to monitor their success; and provide reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. 

I therefore direct you to implement this plan immediately within your departments and agencies and to bring qualified people with disabilities into the Federal workforce. This plan is proof of the Federal Government's commitment to empowering people with disabilities; now is the time for us to fulfill that commitment. 

WILLIAM J. CLINTON 

HOT LINKS TO HOT DEAF NEWS 

DEAF MAN FREED FROM PRISON OF SILENCE

LA DEAF FORUM WATCH UPDATE ON THE GLAD CRISIS

KELBY NATHAN BRICK FOR GREENBELT CITY COUNCIL

Emergency Notification Network

DISABILITY FRONTLINES

Deaf Watch On Guard Day And Night

Greyhound to Improve Bus Service to Passengers with Disabilities, Under Justice Dept. Agreement (September 30, 1999) 

The out-of-court agreement resolves a number of complaints filed with the Justice Department alleging that Greyhound drivers and employees violated the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by discriminating against passengers with disabilities. Although the complaints alleged a range of problems, most involved the denial of boarding assistance, injuries sustained while passengers were physically carried on and off buses, or other mistreatment. While current Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations permit carrying, 1998 regulations require Greyhound and other intercity bus companies to provide lift-equipped bus service in the future. These rules do not apply to Greyhound until October 2001. 

MGM Grand Hotel, Casino and Theme Park to Become Fully Accessible to People with Disabilities (September 16, 1999) 

The out-of-court agreement, resolves complaints filed with the Justice Department by three individuals alleging that the hotel violated the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by not providing adequate services to persons with disabilities. The agreement also resolves a compliance review of the architectural features of the facility that was initiated by the Justice Department in 1995. 

Justice Dept. Settles Lawsuit Against City of Chicago for Discrimination Against an Employee with a Disability (September 24, 1999) 

The agreement, filed in U.S. District Court in Chicago, resolves allegations that the city refused to accommodate an employee with major depression by permanently transferring her to a position with less stress, and then terminated her in 1996 because of her disability. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), requires that State and local government employers make reasonable accommodations to the limitations of their employees with disabilities. 

Standardized Testing Agencies to Settle Allegations of ADA Violations Under Justice Dept. Agreement (September 28, 1999) 

The out-of-court agreement resolves allegations that the American Association of State Social Work Boards (AASSWB) and Assessment Systems, Inc. (ASI) violated the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and ensures that people who are blind or have other vision impairments have a fair opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge and ability on critical examinations. AASSWB and ASI will also pay $3000 to the original complainant. 

Grapevine2 Internet

RESOURCE OF THE MONTH 

HEALTHCARE USA

Advertise at Deaf Watch
AWARDS 
Deaf Watch Award

HEARING HEART

Advertise at Deaf Watch
LETTERS

Many Deaf people are being deprived from employment because something inside their ear does not work.

The ear is a receptor of sounds and it cannot be measured as an intelligence because intelligence comes from many facets such as emotional, visual, and ability to recall things. My experience associating with Deaf people is wonderful because when you look at a Deaf person's ability to do things does overwhelm you.

Deaf people are very creative and intelligent! What the socitey needs to do is look beyond the ear and look at the person as a whole. They will be surprised what they will find in a Deaf person.

My gripe is why the hearing person says that a Deaf person needs an interpreter to communicate? It is the hearing people that needs an interpreter because American Sign Language (ASL) is an advanced visual guestural language on earth and only intelligent people can understand ASL. Most Deaf people are fluent in ASL because they are intelligent and creative.

Deaf people have one problem! That problem needs to be overcomed and I mean seriously overcome the "I can't" attitude. You know, you probally heard this so many times in your life, "I can't" or "I do not know how" phrases. These phrases must be destroyed and replaced with "Oh yes, I can!" or "I will find a way!" phrases.

If employers won't hire you because they do not think you are qualified enough, then do something about it!

What can be done? OPEN YOUR OWN BUSINESS, get extra training, volunteer to get some experience then decide a career change.

The bottom line is "Believe in yourself" and remember in the Holy Bible it says "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed" (very very small dot size of faith) and you can move mountains.

Remember this "Deaf People can do anything, Except Hear."

Stephen Joseph Hardy, II - President
Florida Association of the Deaf, Inc.
Post Office Box 651
Archer, Florida 32618-0651 USA
Text Telephone (352) 495-2080
facsimile (352) 495-6601
e-mail: [email protected]
Internet: http://www.fladeaf.org

~---~ 

Dear Richard,

I said that my services are free to the deaf job-seeker who I'd help get superior "VOICE" employment. This is true. However, I will enjoy earnings paid to me by employers when I make placements.

I won't be regulated by State laws governing the activities of licensed employment agencies who may charge employers a specified fee governed by State law when they make a placement. I will be an employment CONSULTANT to employers. I will have a special arrangement with employers who agree to pay me my specified fee. The employer will understand that I am a SPECIALIST IN DEAF EMPLOYMENT.

For example, should I place a deaf person in a job in which his salary is $30,000 per year, my fee to the employer will be 15% of the deaf person's salary, or $4,500. Should I place 10 deaf people per year, each in a $30,000/year job, my income will be $45,000. Should I place a deaf person in a job in which he earns $50,000 per year, my fee at 15% will be $7,500. Ten placements, each at a salalry of $50,000, will see me earning $75,000.

What I've described above is common to qualified hearing job-seekers. Consultants helping hearing job-seekers are sometimes referred to as "Head Hunters." This is honest work, but very competitive, and can be very rewarding for the right person. I believe that the "deaf market" is wide open for a good consultant to step in and scoop up big earnings. But it should be noted that only "VOICE" employment with "VOICE" communication equipment in the workplace for qualified deaf job-seekers will result in appropriate earnings for all concerned.

Some facts: The Gallaudet University Career Center has the worst job-placement record of any school in the country for the same reason that deaf employment is so terrible: Students graduating from Gallaudet DO NOT USE ENGLISH FACE-TO-FACE IN ANY WORKPLACE WITH ANYONE.

How in God's name are they going to get real good jobs if the people they work with, and their employers, know that deaf employees are not communicating their skills, knowledge, talents and ideas face-to-face in English? Talking to a computer monitor is definitely not the same as sharing, communicating face-to-face elbow-to-elbow with a live co-worker you can look in the eye and know is human.

And when a literate deaf person needs or uses an interpreter, he is dependent -- not independent. He is not standing on his own two feet communicating in exacting English what's on his mind, something which "VOICE" equipment enables him to do.

Best --
Morton
[email protected]

~---~ 

Hello,

Peace be with you,
My name is Mohammad Rahjoo.
I am Deaf and 23 years old.
I have got my diploma from ministry of education of IRAN.
I have some specialities such as:
Designing by grafic, water color and colored pencil.
I am caricaturist and I can weave carpet And also I can
plan building and industrial devices by computer. (Auto CAD)
I have academic paper from ministry of labour and social
affairs of IRAN, for the above specialities.
It is three years that I am working in a consulying engineery
compony in Tehran.
My job is, working by computer about road construction,
architecture, etc.
I want to migrate Iceland. I wnat Visa. Please to lead me.

E-mail: [email protected]

One Address: N0.4-Mehmandoust Alley-Sabounchi(Mahnaz)St.
Beheshti Ave,Tehran 15336 IRAN
Tel: 0098 21 8758365
Fax: 0098 21 8748636
BAFT-E-SHAHR
Consulting Architects & Urban Planners
Mr. Mohammad Rahjoo (DEAF)
IRAN

Twe Address:Gods Shahrak, Farahzadi Bld, Next to Asseman,
Goldisan Shahrak, 3rd Goldis Alley,#1-Second Fl.
Tel: 0098 21 2099779
IRAN

Sincerely your's,

Advertise at Deaf Watch
ANNOUNCEMENTS 

Employment Opportunities At Orange County Deaf Advocacy Center

Orange County Deaf Advocacy Center is now looking for people living in or near the following communities inside the state of California.

Santa Ana, Pacific Grove, Santa Maria, El Cajun, and Glendale.

To help staff deaf centers in their respective communities.

For each deaf center, we will be needing the following :/B>

1) Assistant Director (BA degree required)
2) Chief Advocate - Counsel Liaison (BA degree required)
3) Chief of Staff (AA degree required)
4) 2 Advocates
5) 1 Transliterator Coordinator (AA degree required)
6) 2 Transliterators
7) 2 Community Client Advisors
8) 1 File Clerk
9) 2 Receptionists

Central Office (Santa Ana) will have these 4 positions in addition to the above list :

10) Payroll Accountant (AA degree required)
11) Finance Officer (BA degree required)
12) Data Communications Specialist
13) Human Resource Manager

All positions require sufficient knowledge of either American Sign Language or hearing loss cultures or both. Membership to any hearing loss organization is a plus. Salaries to be determined at interview.

If you are interested in any one of these positions please send in your resume, salary history, and up to 3 letters of recommendations.

Orange County Deaf Advocacy Center
1001 N. French #4
Santa Ana, California 92701-3769

Employment is expected to commence in the summer of 2000.

Orange County Deaf Advocacy Center is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V/G. We are also an affirmative action employer.

People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to submit their resumes.

The Orange County Deaf Advocacy Center is constantly on the look for quality people to help us live up to our mission statement which is "To educate the people in Orange County with hearing disabilities of their right to be free from discrimination in employment, housing, public accommodations and from hate violence"

Advertise at Deaf Watch

Copyright � 1999 Deaf Watch Newsletter - All Rights Reserved

Designed and Maintained by Deaf Watch Newsletter

Animated picture of a waving USA shaped US flag

Return to Deaf Watch Maingate Page