SHORT ADDRESS http://stop.at/realmadrid

FERNANDO "EL PRINCIPE" REDONDO

NEWS

26.03.2002: AC Milan deputy chairman Adriano Galliani has expressed a hope that Redondo will be able to play for AC Milan next season, but said "I haven't lost my hope and think that Redondo can return to the field next season. But I don't want us to seduce ourselves with hopes after all these events occurred."

12.02.2002: Redondo had his third surgery yesterday.

11.11.2001: Fernando still is in Madrid being looked after by Real Madrid medicals, the player just got back from a visist to Argentina, where he attended the "Farewell game for Maradona" Real Madrid's head physician Alfonso Del Corral who also operated him in the summer is looking after Redondo along with Real Madrid physiotherapist Pedro Chueca. Fernando has said that Chueca is working wonders for him and he is waiting for Chueca's green light to get back into action again. Redondo is recovering from a knee injury and a gladden football aesthetes.

10.11.2001: Bookmark this page above to do directly Redondo section from know on.

01.11.2001: Redondo is still remembered in the dressing-room at Real Madrid, and especially Raul who still is one of Redondo's closest friends remembers with pleasure the days he played at Real Madrid and are looking forward for his recovery. In Argentine press Maradona who is preparing for his farewell game, seemingly can't get enough of praising Redondo, and hopes he will be fit for the world cup 2002, next summer.

06.10.2001: Have added an old interview with Redondo, Batistuta and Ortega.

06.10.2001: Better and more Redondo statistics and curriosities, also found a new fan club for Redondo, added several more pictures in the gallery.

06.10.2001: I have put in a video of Redondo makeing Manchester United defenders look like amateurs. Redondo vs Henning Berg: Champions League 1999/2000 - Manchester United vs Real Madrid, thanks to Marca.es

21.09.2001: Redondo has returned to Madrid to continue his recovering process, he returned to Madrid on advice of medicals from AC Milan. Redondo's family still lives in Madrid.

21.09.2001: Italian media and AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani are lost in words, trying to explain Redondo's actions towards AC Milan a few days ago. Redondo approached Galliani saying he would not feel right accepting salary being paid out to him until he recovers from his injury, he told Galliani that he would also like to return the house and car that AC Milan provided him, but was rejected on that request. Redondo told media "I came to Milan to play. Milan must only pay me when that's what I am doing." Galliani responded to the media by saying: "Fernando is an incredible man. As well as an extraordinary player. I have never seen anything like it during my career as a director. & "I only hope that our great midfielder will be back soon. I have told him not to worry and that he will be here until his contract runs out at the end of the 2002-3 season." Redondo has not played for AC Milan since joining them from Real Madrid last season (injured right knee). This recent act trully puts Redondo up as the most considered player in the world as well as being the most skillfull and surely missed by anyone that loves to see football being made into art. Anyone would want him back on the field, just to watch this magnificent player even to see him play for AC Milan and no longer for Real Madrid.

31.08.2001: Redondo is scheduled to return to football around mid-september early October.

22.06.2001: Redondo spent his whole 1st season on the injury list more or less, and is still struggling to get rid of his injury.

24.01.2001: Another award as a sign of the excelent display of football Redondo shows have been given to him. This time he went back to Madrid to receive the EFE award for best South American player playing in Spain in the last decade (90s). Redondo was given the award in recognition of his skillfull and technical display for Tenerife from 1990-94 and the Real Madrid until 2000, overshadowing such players as Rivaldo, Romario, Ronaldo, Djalminha and others to get this prestigious award.

23.01.2001: Redondo is expecting to be in action for the first time in a AC Milan jersey within the next 2 months. In an interview he said "I'm in pretty good shape at the moment" and "My recuperation is going as expected. In theory it will be two months before I can play but I'll do everything possible to get back before then." Redondo also talked about the Argentine national side and his involvment in it saying that he would not rule out any participation once he gets back into fitness, saying "Every player likes to play for their national team and even more so when you're talking about a World Cup," & "At the moment I'm just looking towards the short term of getting fit but then we'll see."

07.01.2001: Since the transfer to AC Milan Fernando Redondo have rarely spoken to the world press just on one occasion the day of the presentation, and since then only limited it for Argentine press on occasion and to the AC Milan paper. He answered a few questions at AC Milan's newspaper. Below are the questions and answers, taken from AC Milan website.

So, Fernando Redondo has finally decided to break the wall of silence. Why?
"For me this a horrible and unfortunate situation because the days are passing and still I am not playing. Compared to a week or so ago I am feeling better, but things are still not going well. I arrived at Milan with a lot expected of me as people were hoping for great things. To not be able to play is extremely frustrating, I assure you."

Is it the first time you have had an injury like this?
"Yes. I had a ligament operation on my left knee in 1991, but have never before had a problem with my right knee."

What are your immediate plans? Do you have any idea when you'll be back?
"It's very difficult to say exactly when I'll be back. We have done a variety of tests, including ultrasound treatment three times, but the knee has not responded. I'm not in any pain but know that something is not quite right and that it doesn't respond like the left knee. Next week is crucial: we'll have new tests and then decide what to do. Among the options available will be exploratory keyhole surgery, even though I am hoping it will not be necessary."

Are you in good spirits?
"It is not exactly a good time for me at the moment. Playing football is what I do and if I don't play I'm not happy. Since I arrived I haven't been able to do my job."

Do you have any dreams?
"To play at the San Siro for the first time."

As an observer, in your opinion, how are Milan getting on only days away from their clash with Barcelona?
"I see a much-improved team compared to a month ago. We are getting much stronger and I hope we play very well in the Nou Camp."

Is it fair to say that you obviously know everything there is to know about Barça?
"They are a great team and have many excellent players who can turn matches on their head, especially up front. But Milan have what it takes to make their lives difficult or even grab a win in Spain."

As far as you are concerned will the fact that Barcelona lost in Istanbul work for Milan or against them?
"It could work either way. One thing is for sure: when Barcelona play at home they have to win. We shouldn't concern ourselves with what happened in Turkey, we need to concentrate all our attention on this match."

The fans are waiting for you and seem to be pinning their hopes on your return. What would you like to say to them?
"I'd like to thank them for the affection they have shown me. I am doing everything possible to return as soon as possible."

07.12.2000: Expected to be back to play for AC Milan in March 2001, Redondo have been suffering a long time injury since he arrived at AC Milan and has so far not been able to play one game for AC Milan.

17.10.2000: Fernando Redondo has been named as last season's Champions League player of the year after his performances with Real Madrid. Redondo receives the UEFA award following the votes of the coaches of all the teams who played in last season's competition. The reasoning is basically in Redondo's domination in the midfield with his performances in the matches against Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Valencia in the latter stages of the competition. The player's sensational back-heel and pass that laid on Raul's second goal against Manchester United in the team's 3-1 victory at Old Trafford was one of the highlights of the tournament. 03.10.2000: Redondo out for six months after a knee operation.

27.07.2000: Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani sad that signing Redondo was "the finishing touch to a side that now starts the season on level terms with all the other contenders" and also said that Milan had now completed their pre-season signings. "Signing Redondo effectively brings our transfer activity to an end," he said. He also said about the transfer, which was opposed by Real supporters all over the world, had reminded him of the signing of Dutch international Frank Rijkaard from Sporting Lisbon 12 years ago. "They didn't want him (Rijkaard) to go. The same thing happened yesterday outside the Bernabeu. We had to leave through the back door in the end but it all went okay," Galliani said.

Other Pages:

History/Profile

From Argentinos to AC Milan.

Statistics

what he has won, played, scored etc.

News

Latest news on Redondo

Gallery

Photos.

Fan clubs

Internet clubs and landbased clubs.

Interview