Frequently Asked Questions about Remember WENN
and How to Save Remember WENN

What exactly is Remember WENN?

Remember WENN is a TV show on American Movie Classics. Currently, the entire series is being repeated on Friday afternoons at 3:30 pm EST.   This is a difficult time slot for many people to catch, so use your VCR timers!! Remember WENN has been CANCELLED!! If you want to help save this FANTASTIC series, follow this link.

What is Remember WENN about?

Remember WENN follows the adventures of a struggling Pittsburgh radio station (W-E-N-N) during the early 1940s before the U.S. became involved in World War II. The show focuses around the experiences of Betty Roberts, the station writer. There are also many other fantastic characters too numerous to detail here.

Now that I know what it is, why should I watch Remember WENN?

Remember WENN is an excellent show, in comparison with TV on nowadays. It doesn't have any sex, swearing or violence. It can be enjoyed by people of many ages - the Remember WENN newsgroup has members ranging in age from thirteen to sixty - and you can watch it with your parents or children without worrying about explaining things. The show is an excellent look at the 1940s and is 99.9% accurate in portraying the era. Remember WENN is nostalgic without being sickly sweet.

Okay, I took your advice and watched Remember WENN. Where can I find the episodes that haven't been rerun?

Well, at one time I would suggest that you order the videos, but it seems that you are out of luck for now. AMC has discontinued the sale of their Remember WENN videos. However, you could write to them and demand the videos. Their address is:

American Movie Classics
Crossways Park West
Woodbury, NY 11797

I ordered the videos, but I still haven't seen all of Remember WENN. What should I do now?

You can find episode synopses online at various sites. The best one is Linda's Remember WENN Page. If that isn't enough for you, write to AMC requesting a Remember WENN marathon. Their address is:

American Movie Classics
150 Crossways Park West
Woodbury, NY 11797

Rumor has it that AMC may be repeating many of the episodes in the upcoming months. However, if you cannot wait that long, try asking on the Wennlist or alt.tv.remember-wenn. Usually someone will dub tapes for you.

I want to find other WENN fans on the web. Where are they hiding?

WENN fans are everywhere. Really, there are a lot of them with WENN sites. Check the Remember WENN ring, located on my main WENN page. For even more WENN sites, follow this link.

There are also Remember WENN newsgroups, lists, and IRC chat. To subscribe to the list, send an e-mail to [email protected] and include "subscribe" or subscribe wennlist" within the body of the message. You will then receive all kinds of e-mail relating to Remember WENN. This list also has lots of fanfiction!

For instructions on how to subscribe to the newsgroup, please follow this link.  The newsgroup can also be accessed through a daily digest form, put out by the newsgroup's creator, Mike Waters.  If you would like to receive the Wenndigest, send an email to [email protected].

Although Remember WENN has been cancelled, fans still chat via the internet.  For instructions on how to download and meet the WENNers via Internet Relay Chat, follow this link.

Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! Remember WENN has been cancelled!!!! What can I do to help save this fantastic show!!!

First off, you can write letters (yes, real letters!) to AMC. This is the suggested address:

Director of Programming
American Movie Classics
150 Crossways Park West
Woodbury, NY 11797

On the newsgroup, we were also told (by Mary Stout!) that Mr. Josh Sapan is a Remember WENN fan and that he might be able to use his influence to save WENN. His address is:

Mr. Josh Sapan
President and CEO of Rainbow Programming
150 Crossways Park West
Woodbury, NY 11797

There were also some phone numbers included in the press release which could be useful.

Lynn Weiss/Katrina Sutton Gilpatric, 310/453-4493
Dina White/Jennifer Pav, 516/803-4350 (as of 9/28)

Here are some addresses and phone numbers that were posted on the newsgroup. Call and write these people!

RAINBOW MEDIA
150 Crossways Park West
Woodbury, New York 11797
Telephone: (516) 396-3000
Facsimile: (516) 364-5948

Josh Sapan President and Chief Executive Officer
Hank Ratner Executive Vice President

ENTERTAINMENT DIVISION
Kate McEnroe
President
AMC Networks
American Movie Classics, Romance Classics and AMC's American POP!

ADVERTISING DIVISION
David Kline
President and Chief Operating Officer
Rainbow Advertising Sales Corporation

There are also a few places that you can email.

The Green Room | The Writer's Room | Characters/Episodes | Cast | The WENN Files | It's Your Nickel | FAQ | Links