The Good Witch Of The North     |   home
Meet The Charmed One   |   The Witch   |   Let The Truth Be Heard!   |   The Pentagram   |   Herbs   |   FAERIES   |   INCENSE   |   CANDLE MAGICK   |   MOON MAGICK   |   Magical Stones   |   The Dark Mother   |   The withes pyramid   |   THE EMERALD TABLET   |   Native Americans   |   Sacred Trees   |   RECIPES   |   matters of the heart   |   Really Cool Witchy Links   |   National Center For Missing And Exploited Children   |   RECOMMENDED READING   |   Web-Rings   |   Site Index   |   Link To Me   |   Contact Me   |   Join Our Coven
RECOMMENDED READING
This book list will be expanding as I go. If I hear of a good book that everyone seems to agree is wonderful I will add it to the list and make a note if that I haven't read it.

All books and other items on this pages must be ordered through Branes & Noble.com. Please click the Link Below if you wish to purchase.
 As an Associate of Barnes & Noble.com, we receive a commission on items sold through our site. Thank you.

#1 Drawing Down the Moon
Margot Adler
For nearly two decades, Drawing Down the Moon, the only detailed history of a little-known and  widely misunderstood movement, has provided the most authoritative look at the religious beliefs, experiences, and lifestyles of the neopagan culture. "A healthy corrective."

#2 To Ride a Silver Broomstick
Silver Ravenwolf
To Ride a Silver Broomstick is a handbook aimed at the beginner, and doesn't get bogged down in history, dogma, or gender roles. It is a workbook for the individual, whether one is a solitary practitioner or part of a coven, that covers the basics of the craft--from useful vocabulary to setting up an altar--and briefly delves into more advanced concepts such as astral projection and telepathy. To Ride a Silver Broomstick may not be the most comprehensive single volume on the subject of witchcraft, but RavenWolf focuses on the aspects most important to a beginner, and keeps her introduction to the craft approachable and easy to follow.

#3 Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft
Raymond Buckland
This is THE book that I personally recommend to all who are interested in getting started in Wicca.  It covers every area of witchcraft without overwheling the the beginner with denomination-specific information. It teaches the basics, while encouraging the reader to find what feels right to him/her after learning the foundations of the craft

#4 Mastering Witchcraft
Paul Huson
The broad spectrum of Witchcraft has not been contained within a single volume...yet. But Paul Huson is one of the few who dare to write about their own approach to Authentic Witchcraft. In Mastering Witchcraft, Huson presents a clear answer of "Where do I begin?" while using a non-Wiccan basis with both the Light & Dark side of the Craft.  Although it is contradictory to basic Wiccan belief I believe it is one of the five best books on Witchcraft written in the last thirty years.

#5 Wicca: A guide for the Solitary Practitioner
Scott Cunningham
Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner is the essential primer from one of the best known authors on Wicca. Focusing on the importance of individualism in your spiritual path, Cunningham explains the very basics of Sabbats (holy days), ceremonies, altars, and other nuts and bolts of Wicca that a solitary practitioner may have trouble finding elsewhere. While this book shouldn't be your sole point of reference when considering Wicca as your way of life, it is one of the best starting points. --Brian Patterson

2003 Astrological Calender  NEW!!
Shows lunar and planetary occurrences, aspects, void of course tables and more!

2003 Witches Calendar
NEW!!  Facts, suggestions, mystical lore, formulas and occurrences.  Always hanging on our walls!

2003 Magickal Almanac
NEW!!  Packed with magickal info for every situation! a MUST have!

Recommended Books
These are just a few of the books we think are outstanding.

Top 10 Best Sellers

#1 Wicca : A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner

#2 To Ride a Silver Broomstick : New Generation Witchcraft
#3 Witch Alone : 13 Moons to Master Natural Magic

#4 True Magick : A Beginner's Guide

#5 A Witches' Bible

#6 Embracing the Moon : A Witch's Guide to Rituals, Spellcrafts and Shadow worK

#7 Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft

#8 Living Wicca : A Further Guide for the Solitary Practitioner

#9 The Book of Spells: Over 40 secret recipes to get your own way

#10 To Stir a Magick Cauldron: Witch's Guide to Casting & Conjuring.

All books and other items on this pages must be ordered through Branes & Noble.com. Please click the Link Below if you wish to purchase.