The Good Witch Of The North     |   home
Meet The Charmed One   |   The Witch   |   Let The Truth Be Heard!   |   The Pentagram   |   Herbs   |   FAERIES   |   INCENSE   |   CANDLE MAGICK   |   MOON MAGICK   |   Magical Stones   |   The Dark Mother   |   The withes pyramid   |   THE EMERALD TABLET   |   Native Americans   |   Sacred Trees   |   RECIPES   |   matters of the heart   |   Really Cool Witchy Links   |   National Center For Missing And Exploited Children   |   RECOMMENDED READING   |   Web-Rings   |   Site Index   |   Link To Me   |   Contact Me   |   Join Our Coven

Native Americans

This Page reflects my interests in Native Americans
And this awesome universe,
the care for our Mother Earth,
the search for truth & honesty,
My Walk down the Red Road, my path to follow
and all those things which lead us to
understanding and harmony.
I hope you enjoy your visit here.

Give us hearts to understand;
Never to take from creation's beauty more than we give;
never to destroy wantonly for the furtherance of greed;
Never to deny to give our hands for the building of earth's beauty;
never to take from her what we cannot use.
Give us hearts to understand
That to destroy earth's music is to create confusion;
that to wreck her appearance is to blind us to beauty;
That to callously pollute her fragrance is to make a house of stench;
that as we care for her she will care for us.
We have forgotten who we are.
We have sought only our own security.
We have exploited simply for our own ends.
We have distorted our knowledge.
We have abused our power.
Great Spirit, whose dry lands thirst,
Help us to find the way to refresh your lands.
Great Spirit, whose waters are choked with debris and pollution,
help us to find the way to cleanse your waters.
Great Spirit, whose beautiful earth grows ugly with misuse,
help us to find the way to restore beauty to your handiwork.
Great Spirit, whose creatures are being destroyed,
help us to find a way to replenish them.
Great Spirit, whose gifts to us are being lost in selfishness and corruption,
help us to find the way to restore our humanity.
Oh, Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the wind,
whose breath gives life to the world, hear me;
I need your strength and wisdom. May I walk in Beauty.

Oh Great Spirit
Be my mind,
Be my eyes,
Be my ears,
Be my heart,
Be my soul,
So that I may walk
With dignity and pride.
Oh Great Spirit
Of the Indian People
Know of me.
For I am of your people.
I am Indian,
An Indian of the Circle of Life
A prisoner of War
In my own Land!
Oh Great Spirit,
Of the Indian people,
Hear my words
For they are for you.
They are of you.
You are my way of life
In the Circle of Life.

Oh To Be A Cloud
And Float Across The Sky
Your Arms Become My Shroud
And Together We Will Fly
Reaching Heights of Passion
Unknown To Most Who Seek
The Love That We Fashion
From Desire's Highest Peak
Soaring Into The Depths Of Love
Exploring Every Part
Reaching Into Heaven Above
Searching Within Our Hearts
Wandering Thoughts Of You And Me
Our Love...And What Is Yet To

When kindred spirits meet

It is as wind upon the sail;

A driving force, a rising heat,

Hold fast! Let it not fail!

So rare the kindred spirit is,

So few indeed there are;

When this you find, yes, nurture this,

Let it not drift afar.

For kindred spirits once apart

May never find once more

A heart so well matched with a heart

As they have found before.

There are those rare occasions in life when you are fortunate

enough to meet a kindred spirit

and instant friend.

My friend shall forever

be my friend,

and reflect a ray of Good to me.

"To look into the eyes of the wolf is to look into one's soul. Make sure you like what you see."

Oh, Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the wind,
Whose breath gives life to all the world.
Hear me; I need your strength and wisdom.
Let me walk in beauty, and make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset.
Make my hands respect the things you have made and my ears sharp to hear your voice
Make me wise so that I may understand the things you have taught my people.
Help me to remain calm and strong in the face of all that comes towards me.
Let me learn the lessons you have hidden in every leaf & rock.
Help me seek pure thoughts & act with the intention of helping others.
Help me find compassion without empathy overwhelming me.
I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy - Myself.
Make me always ready to come to you with clean hands and straight eyes.
So when life fades, as the fading sunset, my spirit may come to you without shame.

I close my eyes I see the past
I open my eyes I see today
but when I open my heart,
I see tomorrow
Yesterday is gone
Today is a gift,
thats why we call it the present
tomorrow;
Now tomorrow holds promise and happiness
Yesterday is gone
Today is winding its way down
but tomorrow is full of hope and dreams
I open my heart and see so clear
the future is full and bright
It holds so much
It holds the key
It brings with it, the beginning
With all its splendor
it holds freedom and happiness
Close your eyes and let yesterday guide you
Open your eyes and see today for what it is
Open your heart, see with me
Open your heart and dream with me
Open your heart and create with me
a tomorrow that holds everything

The Legend of the White Buffalo

One summer a long time ago, the seven sacred council fires of the Lakota Sioux came together and camped. The sun was strong and the people were starving for there was no game. Two young men went out to hunt. Along the way, the two men met a beautiful young woman dressed in white who floated as she walked. One man had bad desires for the woman and tried to touch her, but was consumed by a cloud and turned into a pile of bones. The woman spoke to the second young man and said, "Return to your people and tell them I am coming." This holy woman brought a wrapped bundle to the people. She unwrapped the bundle giving to the people a sacred pipe and teaching them how to use it to pray. "With this holy pipe, you will walk like a living prayer," she said. The holy woman told the Sioux about the value of the buffalo, the women and the children. "You are from Mother Earth," she told the women, "What you are doing is as great as the warriors do." Before she left, she told the people she would return. As she walked away, she rolled over four times, turning into a white female buffalo calf. It is said after that day the Lakota honored their pipe, and buffalo were plentiful

O Great Creator,
I come before you in a humble manner
and offer you this sacred pipe.
With tears in my eyes and an ancient song from my heart
I pray.
To the four powers of Creation,
To the Grandfather Sun,
To the Grandmother Moon,
To the Mother Earth,
And to my ancestors.
I pray for my relations in Nature,
All those who walk, crawl, fly, and swim,
Seen and unseen,
To the good spirits that exist in every part of Creation.
I ask that you bless our elders and children and families and friends,
And the brothers and sisters in prison.
I pray for the ones who are sick on drugs and alcohol
And for those homeless and forlorn.
I also pray for peace among the four races of humankind.
May there be good health and healing for this Earth,
May there be Beauty above me,
May there be Beauty below me,
May there be Beauty in me,
May there be Beauty around me.
I ask that this world be filled with Peace, Love and Beauty.

Letter To The World
From
Grandfather William Commando

Dear World,
The prophecies from all cultures have been written that this is the year of the decision. Either we are going to change and clean our Mother Earth or keep on destroying her as we have been doing. If we do not make the change then there is no future for our childern.

First, we need to bring all the four colors of races together in peace, love and racial harmony. It is an unconditional love for all. The Mother Earth's veins have been clogged for many years and her veins are her water ways. Her bones have been taken out of her body, which is the uranium, oil, coal, etc. because of the lust and uncontrollable passion for power and money. The Indian people of North and South America are the Keepers of this Turtle Island. The natural destruction that has occured such as earthquakes, hurricanes and volcanic eruptions, etc. is because people have built on sacred lands of the Mother Earth. These are her beauty lines. She needs to breath and move. When she yawns she does not mean to hurt her childern, but she needs to move because she is a living being just like you and I.

Our Mother is giving us a chance to clean her. If we do not, she will have to do it herself. The disasters will get worse and the childern are going to get hurt.

We are in our Forth World. It is our last chance. I pray that the four races come together in love, peace and harmony, that we all can join hands and walk as one, to save our Mother Earth and the childern.

The Walk For The Earth has started with a ripple but is now is turning to a wave. The people are now starting to come together as the prophecies said. I pray for all my sisters and brothers, I pray for strength and understanding to make the circle strong.

Mequetch with Peace and Love for all,

William Commando

The Sacred Instructions given by the Creator to Native people at the time of Creation were as follows:

A. To Take Care of Mother Earth and the other 3 colors of Man.
B. To Respect this Mother Earth and Creation.
C. To Honour All life, and to support that Honour.
D. To be Grate-ful from the heart for All life.
It is through life that there is Survival.
Thank the Creator at All times for All life.
E. To Love and express that love.
F. To be Humble. Humility is the gift of wisdom and understanding.
G. Kindness. To be Kind with one-self and with others.
H. Sharing. The Sharing of feelings and personal concerns and commitments.
I. Honesty. To be Honest with one-self and with others.

To be Responsible for those Sacred Instructions and to administrate those Instructions to other Nations.

Paganism is more a philosophy and an intimate, person to person way of life. The Pagan Path is very close to the soul of Humanity, it is a natural belief which sees human beings as they are, and the world as it is, and doesn't seek to push either into preconceived molds. It sees the richness and mystery of nature and opens a way to the understanding of it.

There are many different paths of Paganism, the Wiccan Way is but one path, there are Pagans the world over who worship the Earth Mother and the Sky Father, the Rain God and the Rainbow Goddess, and the Little People in the mists on the other side. A Pagan is one who worships the Goddesses and Gods of nature, we realize the powers of the universe exist, not apart, but as part of mankind, these powers may be contacted and benefit may be gained from them. The movement of these natural forces directly affect our lives. The Pagan celebrates this force, in fact unifies with it, through the calendar of the year which we call the greater and lesser festivals.

There are some beliefs that Pagans share in common which are somewhat different from those of other religions

A Pagan does not believe that man is born innately "sinful" and realizes that the concept of sin is harmful to human nature.

We give honor to many Gods on the Pagan Path. These many Gods are the Many Forms of the One God. The great force that lies behind all creation. This force is a state of "Pure Being", it is neither good or bad it just "IS". The Pagan realizes that mankind has always known of the existence of this "Pure Being", this Super Intelligence, and has called It by thousands of names for tens of thousands of years. Men and women of all eras have drawn strength and power, warmth and security from this source.

A Pagan knows that man is not better than woman, nor woman superior to man. What one lacks the other can give, and one cannot be truly alive without the other. There is no greater magic than that of man and woman together.

Pagans believe that they have experienced previous lives in previous eras of this world. We know of the existence of the spark of life that is within us that does not die, and that returns again and again until it has evolved to that which we call the eternal existence above all existences.

I could not hope to cover everything about Paganism, it is too diverse, it is a living, growing faith, but I should like to close with something I read many years ago, so many I no longer remember where, but it has always symbolized Paganism for me.

'But tell us of your Goddess as you love her, and the Gods that guide your works and we'll listen with wonder, for to do less would be arrogant. But we'll do more; for the heart of a man is aching for memories only half forgotten, and the Old Ones, only half unseen. We'll write the old myths as they were always written, and we'll read them on the rocks and in the caves and in the deep of the greenwood's shade, and we'll hear them in the rippling mountain streams and in the rustling of the leaves, and we'll see them in the storm clouds, and in the evening mists. We've no wish to create a new religion...for our religion is as old as the hills and older, and we've no wish to bring differences together. Differences are like different flowers in a meadow, and we are all one in the Mother.'

The Legend of the
Cherokee Rose
No better symbol exists of the pain and suffering of the "Trail Where They Cried" than the Cherokee Rose. The mothers of the Cherokee grieved so much that the chiefs prayed for a sign to lift the mother's spirits and give them strength to care for their children. From that day forward, a beautiful new flower, a rose, grew wherever a mother's tear fell to the ground. The rose is white, for the mother's tears. It has a gold center, for the gold taken from the Cherokee lands, and seven leaves on each stem that represent the seven Cherokee clans that made the journey. To this day, the Cherokee Rose prospers along the route of the "Trail of Tears". The Cherokee Rose is now the official flower of the State of Georgia.

The Dreamcatcher
v Animals Sybolism
          Wolves

Help make us #No.1
Vote for this website.